Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:53:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690830
  • Total Topics: 118354
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: My Gamma World/TNT Post-apoc (TNT Celtos conversions 20.8.2018)  (Read 66239 times)

Offline Deathwing

• Mad Scientist
    • World's End Publishing
Re: My Gamma World Mutants/Post-apoc figures (Mutant Y 6.9.)
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2015, 02:42:41 PM »
Love both.  For the mutant from Reaper, I think some wildly color hair might really pop on the miniature. 

Joey
Joseph McGuire, President/Janitor at World’s End Publishing; producer of the upcoming post-apocalypse skirmish warband game This Is Not a Test.

https://www.facebook.com/TNTGame

http://worldsendpublishing.com/

Offline horridperson

• Mad Scientist
  • Doing the Will of The Horned Cat
    • Void Spaces
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2015, 06:04:30 PM »
Mutant Y looks really cool.  The skin tones and the ugly sores came out really well.  Inconn's glistening froggy pelt is spot on.  The former dancer with crossbow is neat as well.  They all make for a very diverse group of characters.

Offline pahvivalmiste

• Librarian
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2015, 06:22:22 AM »
Thanks for the kind comments! I painted the Mutant Y's hair red, but dunno if it makes that much difference.

Duke Donald: My gaming group.... well... we tried more serious games but ended up with Gamma World... I promise to think about the Dryads.

Here's the next mutant - multi-limbed big fellow from Excalibur Miniatures:

PIC

Excalibur has stopped figure production and this was a bit hard to get. Painting was a bit rushed but I just wanted to get my TNT warband to a ready state (excluding the bases). I might get back to it later.

The Mutants:

PIC

« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 10:28:55 AM by pahvivalmiste »

Offline kidterminal

• Mastermind
  • A rising star in the hierarchy of Hell.
    • Fends in Waistcoats
Re: My Gamma World Mutants/Post-apoc figures (Mutant, Warband almost ready 9.9.)
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2015, 11:56:28 AM »
Lovely collection. All the naked mutants reminds me of Richard Corbin's Mutant World http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=341176

Offline Deathwing

• Mad Scientist
    • World's End Publishing
Re: My Gamma World Mutants/Post-apoc figures (Mutant, Warband almost ready 9.9.)
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2015, 01:15:09 PM »
One of the best mutant warbands I have seen.  Hands down.

Joey

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2015, 11:37:33 PM »
Nice work and great looking warband!
Check out my blogs!

Warhammer 40k, Fantasy and more!: http://armyoftheweek.blogspot.com

Warhammer Historicals: Legends of the High Seas and Old West, Gladiator: http://diceoflegends.blogspot.com/

Strange Aeons: http://strangeraeonsadventures.blogspot.com

Offline pahvivalmiste

• Librarian
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2015, 02:13:25 PM »
Thanks again for the kind comments!

Kidterminal: There is similarity indeed. Makes on wonder... I guess my painting style is old-fashioned :)

The next mutant is from Space Vixens from Mars: A female D.Tek. Yep, a female D.Tek, whatever that is. Anyways this one had antlers and one of the PC's... nevermind. I put a Reaper knife on it's hand.

IMG

Simple work, mostly washes. The picture is unusually dark, apologies about that. I might repaint the tire (greenstuff), it's a bit lazy.

EDIT: we're gonna play Gamma World tonight, I'll surprise the players with these :P
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 10:29:14 AM by pahvivalmiste »

Offline kidterminal

• Mastermind
  • A rising star in the hierarchy of Hell.
    • Fends in Waistcoats
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2015, 04:04:52 PM »
Kidterminal: There is similarity indeed. Makes on wonder... I guess my painting style is old-fashioned :)
Not too surprising since he work was first published around the time Gamma World was first published. The Tire could use some highlights IMO.

Offline grant

• Galactic Brain
Re: My Gamma World Mutants/Post-apoc figures (D.Tek 12.9.)
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2015, 05:34:34 PM »
What a fantastic project! Love your work.

I played Gamma World loads when I was a kid.
It’s a beautiful thing, the destruction of words - Orwell, 1984

Offline pahvivalmiste

• Librarian
Re: My Gamma World Mutants/Post-apoc figures (D.Tek 12.9.)
« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2015, 08:15:53 AM »
I haven’t been painting for a while as I started building a post-apocalyptic board for TNT. It will be a modular one with fixed terrain features. Modularity will be achieved using 30 x 30 cm mdf “boxes” that will be filled with foam board. I bought 20 of them which gives a nice 4 x 4 (approx..) board with four spare pieces for variety.

It felt like a good idea to build a lot of stuff, like buildings, from scratch, but I’m also using a lot of commercial scenery – palm trees, bricks, resin cars etc. I have now built most of the buildings and will be finishing all the basic forms before painting. The idea is to assemble the mdf boxes when all foam pieces are ready and then cover the terrain with textures (Vallejo, sand) and paint it. Some pieces will be painted in advance, depending on what seems sensible.

The basic structure is foam board (10 mm) covered in hobby concrete (had to test it… :P). The wooden storehouse is just a frame, I’ll put some damage, rusty roofing and half-rotted wooden board on it. The structures on the bottom right pic are also much more “WIP” than the big concrete buildings.

Lot of work ahead…

« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 10:31:21 AM by pahvivalmiste »

Offline Deathwing

• Mad Scientist
    • World's End Publishing
Re: My Gamma World Mutants/Post-apoc figures (Board WIP 22.10.)
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2015, 02:47:55 AM »
Love the scratchmodeling going on here.  Speaking from experiences the pool is really a draw for folks.  My own pool gets many comments.  Get some leaves to thrown in there!  I think yours has the benefit of real depth so definitely play with that some.  Again, this whole thread is just pure win.

Offline pahvivalmiste

• Librarian
Re: My Gamma World Mutants/Post-apoc figures (Board WIP 22.10.)
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2015, 06:51:36 AM »
Thanks, Deathwing. I try to handle the pressure :P I usually don’t like WIP pictures, but in this project I think they might help.

The pool is about 35 mm deep - I was planning to put just a little water effect there to keep it functional as cover, but I'm not totally sure. We'll see.

Warehouse (the construction part) is almost finished. Basically I glued some wood strips as walls and plasticard roofing to the frame. I’ll add some interior stuff (incl. DIY boxes below and some barrels) as well as some scrap roofing and wood. I could also do some nails/pins if I feel like it…

Warehouse:
PIC

Collapsed tunnel:
PIC

I’ll put some Vallejo Black Lava (asphalt) to the cardboard pieces.
Comments and ideas welcome. I promise to post something finished next time 
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 10:31:40 AM by pahvivalmiste »

Offline Constable Bertrand

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
Re: My Gamma World Mutants/Post-apoc figures (Board WIP 29.10.)
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2015, 07:29:26 AM »
The warehouse is awesome!!!  8)  8)  8)  8)

Cheers
Matt

Offline horridperson

• Mad Scientist
  • Doing the Will of The Horned Cat
    • Void Spaces
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2015, 04:55:33 AM »
I agree with the Constable!  The exposed frame on the warehouse looks fantastic.  I really liked the look even before you "dressed" it.  The bare skeleton of the industrial building reminded of a disused local building.  There was a hoist on worm gear that hung at centre and the whole thing was corroded.  It looked sad; great atmosphere post apocalypse.

Offline pahvivalmiste

• Librarian
« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2015, 06:24:06 AM »
Thanks for the comments! Horridperson, you have convinced me to build an additional skeleton building :)

Just a little WIP update: I have managed to complete the construction of the basic squares - glued the mdf boxes and foams, filled the gaps on the edges etc., built some hills/ruins and started making the asphalt (Vallejo Black Lava).

Fuzzy (4 empty board pieces not included in the pic):

PIC

There's enough black lava left to make the asphalt less spotty (I was worried if there was enough when I started). I can also construct a road on one or two more pieces.

Overall I think the board looks a bit empty. This means I'll probably add some bigger terrain pieces (hills, buildings) as well as some small things and details (holes, rubble) here and there. Then I'll have to cover the surface and add some little details... I hope I can start painting in December.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 10:31:56 AM by pahvivalmiste »