Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:57:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: 1914 German Cavalry  (Read 8157 times)

Offline Will Bailie

• Mastermind
    • Will's toy soldier blog
Re: 1914 German Cavalry
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2008, 05:17:57 AM »
Helen

The deal has 12 hussars, 12 uhlans and 12 dragoons.  http://www.wargamesfoundry.com/xmaswinter/BIGBATGREATWAR/4/index.asp
Due to a slight packaging error, I ended up with an extra hussar and one less uhlan.  All the troopers of each type come in only one pose, although there are 3 different horses.  No command figures, although I suppose one could convert figures from the Franco-Prussian War line.

Painting all these lovely cavalry in such dull grey colours, plus looking at the fantastic pix of the Battle of Kew, has me thinking that I should be working on an army for the late 19th Century, rather than the early 20th.  At least I have the French and the Belgians to bring a spot of colour to the table (and the KuK cavalry, if I ever get around to them!).

W
« Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 05:20:44 AM by Will Bailie »

Offline aircav

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • the aircav saga
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2008, 11:59:21 AM »
Looking Good Will  :D :D :D
thanks for posting.

If you do some with yellow piping it should add some extra colour

Keith  :D

Offline argsilverson

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2008, 12:03:49 PM »
Helen

No command figures, although I suppose one could convert figures from the Franco-Prussian War line.

Painting all these lovely cavalry in such dull grey colours, plus looking at the fantastic pix of the Battle of Kew, has me thinking that I should be working on an army for the late 19th Century, rather than the early 20th.  At least I have the French and the Belgians to bring a spot of colour to the table (and the KuK cavalry, if I ever get around to them!).

W

1.- yes you can.
2.- painting for late 19th and early 20th [i.e. VSF] will bring you more colour!!!
argsilverson

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2008, 12:09:37 PM »
Helen

The deal has 12 hussars, 12 uhlans and 12 dragoons.  http://www.wargamesfoundry.com/xmaswinter/BIGBATGREATWAR/4/index.asp
Due to a slight packaging error, I ended up with an extra hussar and one less uhlan.  All the troopers of each type come in only one pose, although there are 3 different horses.  No command figures, although I suppose one could convert figures from the Franco-Prussian War line.

W

Thanks Will,

I've the Battle Honours German Ulans which I'm converting for use in Macedonia, 1917.

They are very good figures with a command pack (officer, trumpeter, 2 ors) and separate arms with sword/open handed(command pack plus two lances with pennons) and the other pack with four open hands and four lances with pennons.

Thanks for your reply.

Helen

Best wishes,
Helen
Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well (V van Gogh)

Offline argsilverson

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2008, 12:29:03 PM »
while posting some error occured and only half of my message went through. sorry for reposting:

Helen

No command figures, although I suppose one could convert figures from the Franco-Prussian War line.

W

1.- yes you can.
2.- painting for late 19th and early 20th [i.e. VSF] will bring you more colour!!!

L&F Funcken in their WW1 books list two pages with almost all hussars uniforms available. you can have red hussars with white piping or black with white and silver piping.  uhlans and dragoons have not so much variety.

by the way the change of the colours happened something around 1907 or something.

if you want I can check and give you some painting ideas. However VSF is a rather fantasy genre, so you can use whatever uniforms you like. But it is much more colourful !

Offline Will Bailie

• Mastermind
    • Will's toy soldier blog
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2008, 02:55:08 PM »
Thanks for the comments, Keith, Argsilverson and Helen.  I'll content myself with grey for the dragoons and uhlans, but with red and yellow piping to add colour (so that they will match the feldgrau infantry), but the idea of painting up some Death's Head Hussars in black is very tempting! 

Will