Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:21:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690594
  • Total Topics: 118339
  • Online Today: 840
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Poll

What 28mm ranges do people want the most?

North Korean
15 (18.8%)
South Korean
4 (5%)
Western Insurgents
34 (42.5%)
Generic Military
27 (33.8%)

Total Members Voted: 79

Author Topic: The Range is Hot! Please see page 13 for quick straw poll.  (Read 42836 times)

Offline Damas

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
  • Re-enactor, modeller, stooge
Re: Most Desired 28mm Modern Ranges
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2015, 07:30:35 AM »
Ooh, I'd have to second or third the North Koreans. Also, South African military and RCMP, both dress uniform and modern. Any nations helicopter crew for crash\rescue scenarios. A couple of the various UK Regiments in ceremonial dress on guard duty, Rifles, Guards, Household Cavalry, Royal Horse Artillery.

For civilians I'd suggest a couple of those charity muggers we see on the high street, maybe a poppy seller, that kind of thing.
"Old gamers don't die, they just smell like that."

Offline Arrigo

• Mastermind
  • errare humanum est, perseverare diabolicum est
    • Forward HQ my new blog where you can laugh at my crappy photos!
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2015, 09:56:04 AM »
Forgot the JGSDF! We need them...

Arrigo
"Put Grant straight in"

for pretty tanks and troops: http://forwardhq.blogspot.com

Offline NurgleHH

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spacelord
    • Victory Decision Vietnam
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2015, 10:51:10 AM »
German KSK and Bundeswehr, portuguese, Japanese and south americans. North koreans are interesting for twilight 2013.
Victory Decision Vietnam here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=43264.0

Victory Decision Spacelords here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=68939.0

My pictures: http://pictures.dirknet.de/

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2015, 11:00:11 AM »
It's worth looking at this thread:
http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=65236.0

But 'Elite Squad' BOPE and favela residents (men, women and children) would be great.
- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2015, 12:14:13 PM »
Oh yeah, ultra modern, french, German, Canadian.
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline Ste long 1971

• Bookworm
  • Time for tiffing chaps
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2015, 12:42:13 PM »
I'd vote for Israelis, Aussies & modern French. But don't tell Bryan B about the French, he'll think I'm becoming a Francophil!

Offline arget8

• Scientist
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2015, 12:45:41 PM »
I don't think I'll be doing French or Germans as I have seen that Empress plans to put them out soon, even if they have been pretty vague about it  ;). I do know they have said that there is a big project in the pipes for next year. I feel that everyone will be happy with what they put out for these nations and I am not prepared for that competition. My plan is to create a range that is not already in production, such as Israelis, Koreans, and Japanese. I've been seeing a lot of great ideas here. I'm loving the wishlist that we have been creating!

Gunnar

Offline Homer.j

• Lurker
q!
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2015, 01:03:00 PM »
Definitely modern African Union and Middle East/North African troops, with AK's and other Russian weapons, Chicom style chest rigs and kevlar fritz helmets. These would be really useful.

Offline fraction

• Librarian
    • RvT Historical Miniature Painting & Gaming
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2015, 02:27:50 PM »
This wont have much competition but will be usefull for most (modern) players:
generic drivers maybe one generic (eastern style) uniform + civilian
 would be awesome with changeable heads
also some passengers, gun swinging, smoking, or just holding their elbows tight would be cool.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 02:30:06 PM by fraction »
Facebook site to share my brushwork: https://www.facebook.com/rvtpainting/

Offline axabrax

• Mastermind
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2015, 04:42:31 PM »
I'd like to see more gang wars type stuff along the lines of Obelisks Gangstars range or Bobby Jackson's Thugz. How about Mexican gangsters? Jamaican Mobsters? Tong? Riot Police?

Now that Mongerel minis is dead Israelis would be good too.

And I agree with the idea that there aren't enough civvies...

Offline arget8

• Scientist
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2015, 05:30:23 PM »
So these are the results so far:

Koreans (North and South)- 4
Civilians- 6
IDF- 7
JDF- 3
Western Insurgents- 4
NATO countries (Styled after Eastern European nations)- 2
Female Soldiers- 1
Generic 2nd and 3rd world (Middle East, Africa, South America, SE Asia)(AK's, either Chi-com webbing or PASGT style)- 5
South Africa- 1
France- 3
Germany- 2
Canada- 1

It looks like the IDF is most in demand at the moment, but the night is young! The Koreans are doing pretty well. Insurgents, civilians, and 2nd and 3rd world armies are up there too.

As I have said before, I am unlikely to push a range of French or Germans due to my desired scope of this range. I want to create a range that no one else is doing or has active plans to do. That being said, if there is an overwhelming demand for French or Germans I may consider it. I am more likely to consider French as they have seen more action in the last twenty years compared to Germany. Like I said, It would have to be overwhelming demand (At Least 50% of the requests).

I would love to hear more opinions! The plan is to keep this thread running for a week or so and base my decisions partly on the results here.

Gunnar

Offline Mick_in_Switzerland

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2015, 05:40:43 PM »
The Arab Isreali Wars have some interesting game possibilites.  I think that they could be popular. 
I think the question is whether to do todays uniforms or 1970s versions.  I would prefer current versions.

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2015, 09:55:38 PM »
Post 1990? Not much to be honest. Some modern Vietnamese might be nice as would some generic Latin American guerillas. Wellies BDUs/Jeans AKMs etc.

Nobody does any modern Indians which is a surprise considering their potential usefulness. OR Iranians, ditto. Latvians or Estonians would appear a sensible choice, providing potential opponents for those with the Empress modern Russians.

Pre 1990? Sky's your limit. I'd love to see ranges for the Iran-Iraq War, the Turkish invasion of Cyprus, the civil war(s) in Nicaragua and El Salvador And judging from forum posts I've seen here and there there would probably be a market for South Vietnamese for the Vietnam War.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2015, 11:45:27 PM »
Post 1990? Not much to be honest. Some modern Vietnamese might be nice as would some generic Latin American guerillas. Wellies BDUs/Jeans AKMs etc.

Nobody does any modern Indians which is a surprise considering their potential usefulness. OR Iranians, ditto. Latvians or Estonians would appear a sensible choice, providing potential opponents for those with the Empress modern Russians.

Pre 1990? Sky's your limit. I'd love to see ranges for the Iran-Iraq War, the Turkish invasion of Cyprus, the civil war(s) in Nicaragua and El Salvador And judging from forum posts I've seen here and there there would probably be a market for South Vietnamese for the Vietnam War.
right?
I Remember a few years ago a guy tried to do a Kickstart for and Indian modern range but it didn't get funding. I blame  that mostly on not getting the word  out to enough folks about his project and myself being unemployed at the t8me.
Would have bought into it otherwise. lol
And the Latvian, Estonians and modern Finns might work.  That is one reason why I said Germans because the Latvians seem to use a lot of their equipment at the moment and I said Canadian because I believe the Dutch use lots of the same kit also..what to the Danish land forces use these days?

Offline arget8

• Scientist
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2015, 01:06:31 AM »
I honestly would love to do some smaller NATO forces (Baltics, Dutch, etc.). I am just worried that they would not be economical as many nations are pretty unique. For instance, Poland uses pretty similar gear as Germany and the US, but their weapons are more Soviet-styled whereas many other nations have 1st world gear and locally manufactured service rifles. This is the case with many nations, but if anyone who has first hand knowledge on many of the smaller nations wants to put some info out there, feel free.

Gunnar