Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:17:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689757
  • Total Topics: 118293
  • Online Today: 786
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: GMG Video Battle Report - Fallout: Nickle City Stories - This is Not a Test  (Read 22654 times)

Offline Achilles

• Mad Scientist
  • Heal them, with fire from above.
    • Guerrilla Miniature Games
This thread will be updated with all my TNT Gaming! First series revolves around the ruins of Buffalo in the Fallout Universe!

LET'S PLAY! - This is Not a Test Rules overview and Demo Game - Peacekeepers vs. Mutants

Episode 1: Raiders vs. Peacekeepers - Cold Vengeance

Episode 2: Raiders vs Peacekeepers - Snipe Hunt

Episode 3: Raiders vs. Peacekeepers - Little Slice of Heaven

Episode 4: Raiders vs. Peacekeepers - Pest Control

Episode 5: Preservers vs. Peacekeepers - Cold Vengeance

Episode 6 : Preservers vs. Peacekeepers - Snipe Hunt

Episode 7 : Preservers vs. Mutants - Cold Vengeance

Episode 8 : Preservers vs. Mutants - Tanks for Nothing!

Episode 9 : Preservers vs. Mutants - The Caravan

Episode 10 : Peacekeepers vs.  Raiders - Pest Control

Episode 11 : Peacekeepers vs. Raiders -CARAVAN LOST

Episode 12: Peacekeepers vs. Raiders - Cold Vengeance

Episode 13: Preservers vs. Mutants - SWINELAND FINALE

Episode 14: Peacekeepers vs. Caravaneers - Little Slice of Heaven

Episode 15: Peacekeepers vs. Caravaneers - Snipe Hunt
 *NEW*
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 11:51:05 AM by Achilles »

All life is an experiment.
The more experiments you make, the better.
To see more painted Toy Soldiers, check out my Blog!

Offline LeadAsbestos

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • When the Hurlyburly's Done...
Damn it! That looks awesome! Personally, I'd take the Rainbow bridge to raid Hamilton, but that is another story...
So when can I come to play? Not that I have any minis ready, but it is a damn fine excuse to get some!

Offline Achilles

• Mad Scientist
Whenever you like! :) I'm thinking my next warband will either be corrupt Caravaneer Smugglers or Enclave hell-bent on scouting the descrution of the New Dominion of Cana. Email me at guerrillaminiaturegames@gmail.com and we can work it out! :D

Offline Brummie Thug

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Brummies Wargaming Blog
Awesome report dude. Love the style of it.  :D :D

Offline Achilles

• Mad Scientist
Thanks! :) More on the way.

Offline Achilles

• Mad Scientist
Episode 2 is now up!

Offline Deathwing

• Mad Scientist
    • World's End Publishing
Strength to strength. 
Joseph McGuire, President/Janitor at World’s End Publishing; producer of the upcoming post-apocalypse skirmish warband game This Is Not a Test.

https://www.facebook.com/TNTGame

http://worldsendpublishing.com/

Offline Hupp n at em

• Mastermind
Great looking games!  Where is the basemat from?  I'm not so far into my Fallout project that I couldn't reverse course on basing scheme and I like that one a bit more.

Offline Achilles

• Mad Scientist
@ Hupp: It's from Polish maker GameMat.eu ... appropriately called 'Fallout Zone'. :D Highly recommended, but if you're off-continent like me shipping times are in the 2-3 month range.

Episode 3 is now live! :D

Offline horridperson

• Mad Scientist
  • Doing the Will of The Horned Cat
    • Void Spaces
Awesome finale.  I was wondering how much background you put together for your Great Lakes Wasteland? I've been ruminating on the pre war east coast and wondering about how the region might have related to the rest of Canada.  I was thinking of using fiction gleaned from history and current news events mixed with a bit of past futures optimism to build the game world.  I have some very general ideas and went googling vintage photos but things are in the very proto.  My models arrives and the first layers of GS are curing;  This is going to be a fun little projects.  Did I pick up the rules?  Of course not; Never tell tell me what the rules are :).

Offline Redmao

• Scientist
  • Canadian Agent
These are really fun to watch.

Offline DrVesuvius

• Bookworm
Seconded!  I hope we get to see a lot more of this game with other players and new warbands.

Dr V

Offline Achilles

• Mad Scientist
I'm actually writing up the Great Lakes Wasteland history. Just general notes on the region and how it is doing after the war to continue to give inspiration to my games. :) I'll post it up Horrid when it's done!

As for more games; we're already planning Season 2 for sometime in September. It will focus on two new (and different) types of Warband (Preservers and Mutants) and an all new location in the Great Lakes Wasteland; The Hammer. This is the New Dominion's industrial centre and source of a great deal of their power as they break down old scrap steel and actually manufacture new equipment and material.

In Canadian fashion though, we'll flip the script on the setting and have the events take place in the dead of winter. ;)

Glad you guys enjoyed it. It was a blast to make! Just got in a host of bits and bobs to make more things for season 2. Just need to get my other projects cleared out so I can focus on this again!

Offline Hupp n at em

• Mastermind
What areas of the Great Lakes will this setting cover?  I grew up in the Chicago area and now live in Milwaukee so I'm keen to read what you've come up with. :)

Offline horridperson

• Mad Scientist
  • Doing the Will of The Horned Cat
    • Void Spaces
Sounds awesome.  I'm not past the brainstorming part yet but if you build your history I'd like to see if it would be possible to mesh some our history to establish some kind of collaborative "canon" for the great glowing north.  I have my first small piece of terrain complete; just a car wreck and a DCMP (Dominion of Canada Mounted Police) cruiser painted up.  I did the latter because I wanted to have my own, "last of the V8 interceptors".  It's actually a converted die cast crown vic but it looks the part while blending into my own prehistory.

It's actually called a Pursuit.  With the American occupation there was some collaboration from our government.  In the name of greed or to protect the public from the military. they attempted to smooth the road to annexation and act as a buffer during the annexation.  The Pursuits were contracted by the Dominion Motors Company and US interests and distributed in the region; possibly other parts of Canada.  I think they were made in Oshawa and came down on a train.  The mounties typically patrolled outside of urban areas where the US military was concentrated.  The rural patrols protected Canadian citizens from banditry and unrest.

I would like to see some BoS in the region.  I also liked the idea of using a landmark and a myth reference.  Prester Joan might have been a knight who had travelled east with Lyons.  She might have abandoned him with some followers and become an Outcast then travelled north to search for a Citadel rumoured to lie in the North.  They might have had to travel through Confederation territory to get to Nova Scotia but that hopefully some true canon info will come out when Fallout 4 drops.  Joan found her mythical fortress but it turned out to be a crappy 18th century fortress.  Good area to build on and explore the region from.  Shy on gear and manpower from their long trek Joan`s company may change their outcast ways and take a lesson from Lyons.

That`s it for now.  I just wanted to toss some raw ideas your way and get some feedback (OK or suck? :) )