Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:11:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: JoeRugby’s Assorted Sci-fi thread - Xenomorphs, lots of Xenomorphs  (Read 14156 times)

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Sci-Fi blog - Task Force Thor
Anvil Industries announced a new range of figures that will be compatible "with popular plastic miniatures" (in their own words).

They'll have "fully modular, multi part heroic scale infantry kits" and the renders they've shown are great - you get heads with respirators; heavy/light armored torsos; heads with berets, etc. They have some renders on their Facebook page. I think they'll be available later this month.

Offline JoeRugby

• Scientist
Re: JoeRugby’s Assorted Sci-fi thread – 21/03/16 - Reposed Xenomorphs
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2016, 10:11:12 PM »
Thanks predatorpt, if they look as good as the republic commandos I could see my replacing them.

Need to have the commando helmet tho cause that is just awesome sauce  :)

21/03/16 - Reposed Xenomorphs

Reposed Xenomorphs

Not a fan of the regular drone Xenomorph poses, too upright and stiff for me.

A bit of hot water later and this is what I got

Thanks for looking, sorry for the blurry pics

Offline JoeRugby

• Scientist
Re: JoeRugby’s Assorted Sci-fi thread
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2016, 03:29:42 PM »
31/03/16 -

PIP

Active "Paint me" pile is looking a little intimidating at the moment, but there are a few things very close to being completed

March Purchases

Well within budget this month, £26.47 spent.

Picked up a new workbench and jigsaw so I can start doing scenery again but that's a household purchase not a hobby one ;P

Brute Force
Very much a mantic almost mini, fell in love with the concept art in the Kickstarter but the mini doesn't live up to it.

I'll make some rules to use her In Deadzone.

Thanks for looking

Offline JoeRugby

• Scientist
Re: JoeRugby’s Assorted Sci-fi thread - 1/04/16 - Infant/Drone Xenomorphs
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2016, 09:29:55 AM »
1/04/16 - Infant/Drone Xenomorphs

Xenomorph Infants/Drones

N-verse fluff
"The Xenomorph is a recurring threat amongst the stars, rarely seen in the numbers purged during the great crusade they still show up on space hulks, rouge trader vessels and remote colony's (1).
 Xenomorphs are deadly creatures but often overlooked for more numerous and dangerous species (2), Xenomorphs have no space faring capacity so outbreaks while bloody are usually self containing.
As I will discuss later Xenomorphs are Parasitic, needing a host to propagate. After the initial larval form (3), the Xenomorph will quickly develop into the below specimen.
It is hotly debated among my colleagues if this form is mearly an infant form of the Xenomorph or acts as a drone within the hive structure.

Please Note all Xenomorph forms have acidic blood capable of eating through most personal protection shy of power armour(4). Precise Weapons that cauterise their target are preferable when dealing with these threats
So while you may wish to hit them with your hammer "of overcompensation" Inquisitor Dario please be mindful of splash back.

1. Likely as a result of unauthorised salvage of said space hulks
2. Genestealers share a lot in common with Xenomorph's but understandably gain priority over them from my colleagues.
3. Crudely referred to as chestburster
4. With enough volume/ repeated application the acid will eventually penetrate/ dissolve most substances."
..............Inquisitor Justice Sedante Ordo Xenos

Last recorded image of PanO fire team Delta

"For Macragge"
Pict recording from the Purging of Colony 2871

Fluff bits over
the grey is a lot darker in real life, looks like I'll have to play around with my lighting set up again.

While these are finished for the time Being ill come back to some of them at a later date to add drool

Thanks for looking and reading :)

Offline JoeRugby

• Scientist
Re: JoeRugby’s Assorted Sci-fi thread - 2/04/16 - Free Hugs for Everybody
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2016, 01:44:15 PM »
2/04/16 - Facehuggers

the lifecycle of the Xenomorph starts as an egg birthed from a Queen organism.
Theses eggs host the "Facehuggers"
"Facehuggers" are The Delivery system for the Xenomorph parasite, a seemingly weak and insignificant threat that sometimes proves more deadly than its adult counterparts.
Small and stealthy once the Facehuggers latches on it, is impossible to remove without killing the victim (1)(2), in addition the eggs are often placed like organic land mines.
The Parasite can bond with most biological beings in the galaxy the resulting Xenomorph will adopt trades from the host creature (3)

1- so far successful removal of the Facehugger has taken place with the victim surviving, but there are rare accounts of the Xenomorph larvae being removed post "hug" with the host surviving.
2- we have discovered corpses of ork victims where (in typical Orc fashion) have tried to chew through the Facehugger to escape it's grasp. Needless to say the corpses are found with their faces melted.
3 - So far we have encountered Xenomorph variations from most creatures in the galaxy including Grox, Yndij,Tau, Eldar and before their final cleansing Morat. Thankfully there are no recorded cases of an Astartes being infected to put to rest the debate on if any Astartes traits would be passed to the Xenomorph Variation.

I was a bit lazy with these to be honest just base coated, then washed but I like the result anyway.

Thanks for looking and reading.

Offline huesped

• Mad Scientist
  • "-El Emperador no es tan magnánimo como yo"
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2016, 06:11:38 PM »
nice paintings!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline JoeRugby

• Scientist
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2016, 09:26:47 PM »
Cheers Huesped

Offline huesped

• Mad Scientist
  • "-El Emperador no es tan magnánimo como yo"
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2016, 09:29:42 PM »
seriously!! those xenomorph colour patterns are the best i've seen ! :-* :-*
Congrats again!!!!!!!

Offline JoeRugby

• Scientist
Re: JoeRugby’s Assorted Sci-fi thread - 04/04/16 - Crusher
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2016, 05:03:14 PM »
*blush* thanks again :)

4/04/16 -

"Crusher!!!"
........last words of guardsman Kenny of the 75th Albion rifles before he became a smear on a hab wall.

Metal claws didn't look right on this guy

Family photo

All the xenos I've painted so far, still got the runners and predalien to paint up in my active pip pile.

Trying to get both to look like their movie counterparts to add a bit more colour to the Xeno force.

Thanks for looking

Offline JoeRugby

• Scientist
April overview

April Hobby purchases

That comes to £96.83 so just in budget. Putting a spending freeze on for the next few months (only limited edition/crazy deal purchases) got more than enough to get on with especially with Deadzone KS shipping soon.

Also got these for my bday at the end of March, I'm not opening the Overkill box until I've cleared one of my PIP draws, and I'm going to try to "tru scale" the marines like my Ultramarines.

Which brings us nicely to

April PIP

Can't remember where I saw this but someone suggested using one of these from ikea

For organising hobby bits. It works really well so I've got a shelf for tools and ongoing minis. A big thanks to that hobby dude whoever you are.

AVP

Theres only a few Alien warriors still needing some green stuff after being reposed and that will then be all the Xenomorphs ready to go.

Got the missing bits for my power loader, marine and predator from Prodos so they should be in the PIP mix soon.

Misc

Loads going on here
A no prize if you can identify all the minis in the pile.

GW/40k

Dire avengers are still there, really struggling to find the motivation to just get them finished.

They have now been joined by an orlock ganger(one of my favourite ever GW minis) and an engineseer.

Onto the finished stuff

Runner Xenomorph test

Tried to get her looking like the movie version, not perfect but it looks good to me.

I've got more bases from Fenris, so I can get the rest of the runners finished off shorty

Enforcers
Another batch of enforcers finished.

"MyVerse Fluff"

"The Enforcers of the Co Prosperity sphere(1), are an attempt by the Rouge trader Dynasties to have their own Astartes.
Armoured in Xeno tech (2) each enforcer is stronger, tougher (3) and faster than an unenhanced human, but not to the same degree as an Space marine. (4)
They are the backbone of the ruling elites power and as such serve only the 7 Rouge trader dynasties who run the CoOperations(5) this is In part due to the cost of maintaining these Enforcer units and partly due to trade agreements with the Forge fathers who provide the Power Armour the enforcers use.

1. A large sector of space south of the Segmentum Tempestus founded by Rouge Traders.
2. Many of my colleagues believe the Forge fathers are an off shoot of the Squat abhumans, but limited contact means no conclusive evidence has been found.
3. Enforcers are able to operate after serious injury even limb removal, it's believed to be some form of combat drug similar to slaught but far more refined.
4. For an account of Enforcer vs Astartes see Lord Inquisitor Hofstadter's "Audit of CoOperation" where Hofstadter engineers a confrontation between his Deathwatch bodyguard and a group of Enforcers to intimidate the Rogue trader he was meeting with.(6)
5. Pronounced Corporations by themselves
6. It worked

Keeping the iPod armour on these, pretty happy with them though I'll probably re do the power knife

Family photo

All my enforcers as they stand (most of the old restic ones are going to the EBay), I went back and redid the armour on the sniper and the Peacekeeper captain to match the rest.

Thanks for looking and reading

Offline fred

• Galactic Brain
    • Miniature Gaming
I like those enforcers. You have loads of stuff on the go! At least it all seems to be Sci Fi - I always seem to have too many different things on the go at once!

Do you have the name of the ikea shelf unit - it looks very handy?

Offline Diablo Jon

• Mastermind
Nice! Lovely paint job. Those Mantic enforcers are growing on me I just have no place for them in my projects at the moment.

Offline JoeRugby

• Scientist
I like those enforcers. You have loads of stuff on the go! At least it all seems to be Sci Fi - I always seem to have too many different things on the go at once!

Do you have the name of the ikea shelf unit - it looks very handy?

It's the Kvissle letter tray

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/70198031/

Nice! Lovely paint job. Those Mantic enforcers are growing on me I just have no place for them in my projects at the moment.

Thanks Jon :)

Offline fred

• Galactic Brain
    • Miniature Gaming
It's the Kvissle letter tray

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/70198031/

Ta. I will consider one of those as the trays look very handy for putting a project on then, being able to put it away, but still see it. I find when I put things in drawers they tend to get forgotten about.

Offline JoeRugby

• Scientist
Re: JoeRugby’s Assorted Sci-fi thread - Xenomorphs, lots of Xenomorphs
« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2016, 03:07:29 PM »
XENOMORPHS

Finally managed to get pics done

I've tried to get them looking like they do in the movies and overall I'm happy with them.

All really simply painted with dry brushing and washes apart from the eggs and the Predalien.

Eggs

Queen

Warriors

Runners

Praetorian

Predalien

the Swarm is now fully assembled

i’m going to make some rules for them to use in Deadline and ill then get some cinematic pics done.