Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:31:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690587
  • Total Topics: 118338
  • Online Today: 822
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 6
Guests: 733
Total: 739

Recent

Author Topic: Steampunk militia Kickstarter, Stretch goals and freebies!  (Read 14475 times)

Offline Andrew May

• Mastermind
    • Meridian Miniatures
Steampunk militia Kickstarter, Stretch goals and freebies!
« on: July 16, 2015, 05:18:51 PM »

I'll just leave this here for now, those following me on Facebook might already have have an inkling as to what's coming....
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Meridian-Miniatures/278329682295664
You'll have to do some scrolling.  ;)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 11:46:50 AM by Andrew May »

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • As my grandchildren see me...
Scrolling to what date?

Doug

Offline Andrew May

• Mastermind
    • Meridian Miniatures
STEAMPUNK MILITIA KICKSTARTER LIVE!!!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2004599158/steampunk-militia-miniatures

I am pleased to announce the long awaited follow up to the first Meridian Miniatures Kickstarter "Steampunk Army". This campaign has bee set up to fund the production of a range of 28mm  "Steampunk Militia"  to complement the military figures with their civilian counterparts in the "Steam & Aether" table top setting.

As you can see below the, initial miniatures are already sculpted with the pre production painted masters shown. In each of my previous campaigns I have tried to avoid leaving to much ambiguity between the miniatures promised and the actual product you will recieve, where possible I try to avoid relying on renders and "concept art". Occasionally I will illustrate an idea using either but feel I have built up the reputation for delivering on promises by this stage that you won't be dissapointed.

The above figures show painted preproduction masters on resin bases, your reward will consist of metal castings supplied with round plastic bases, the option to upgrade to resin bases is given on the campaign page.

In the Steam & Aether setting I will be introducing rules for "benefactors", these miniatures represent rich patrons that fund expeditions into the apocalyptic ruins. This aristocrat figure is the first of them, en extremely highly detailed figure that will be cast in high quality resin providing a centerpiece to your force or a great project for the modelers and painters out there. This figure is a KICKSTARTER EXCLUSIVE figure. I will. at a later date remodel it as a simpler one piece casting for those that missed out but this figure will never be cast again after the rewards are sent out.

Thank you to any and all that come onboard to back this project, I appreciate all support offered. Meridian Miniatures is a "one man band", I do 90% of the sculpting, painting and promo by myself with much needed support form a small number of others. If you like what I do then please take 5 mins to share this campaign with your friends, be it on social media, blogs or forums and you will have my sincere gratitude.

Andrew

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The dog, the dog, he's at it again
Re: Steampunk militia Kickstarter live! [Meridian Miniatures]
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2015, 11:16:33 AM »

Don't really need any of those myself, unfortunately, but best of luck all the same. O and to prospective pledgers: Meridian Miniatures KS projects have always run smoothly and the produce is top notch so pledge with confidence  8)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 11:18:19 AM by tnjrp »

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2015, 12:20:59 PM »
Pledged!

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2015, 04:09:06 PM »
Very nice
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline Andrew May

• Mastermind
    • Meridian Miniatures
Wow, funded in an afternoon! Now the female militia are unlocked and everyone pledging for the whole set will get a set of two casualties for FREE!

Thanks everyone!

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
Re: Steampunk militia Kickstarter, female militia and free casualties!
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2015, 08:35:48 PM »
Pledge updated.

Offline Andrew May

• Mastermind
    • Meridian Miniatures
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2015, 11:45:46 AM »
Cheers Seb!

Offline Andrew May

• Mastermind
    • Meridian Miniatures
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2015, 11:46:07 AM »
Well, what a thing to wake up to, all goals smashed apart! I had be very conservative with how much interest this campaign would generate but again, all of my expectations have been exceeded, thank you all so much!

So first for the "whole set" pledgers, here's your first free miniatures WORK IN PROGRESS.

Now, for all of the pledgers here are the unlocked figures! All WORK IN PROGRESS.

As you can see I've decided to offer the whole set of 6 for £12 to all pledgers, saving you £3 on the retail value, no need to add any extra for the postage either.

I'll be back with more freebies and stretch goals later once I've done some freelance work and had a ponder!

Cheers!

Offline Coronasan

• Scientist
Re: Steampunk militia Kickstarter, Stretch goals and freebies!
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2015, 06:54:48 PM »
I'm in, more great Meridian stuff.
So much to do, so little time...

Offline Andrew May

• Mastermind
    • Meridian Miniatures
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2015, 03:36:53 PM »
Hi all

We've raced through the stretch goals so to thank you I've wrangled some more freebies for you.

These flags were provided for me by Iain at http://flagsofwar.com/ everyone whose pledge included a command set will automatically get a set of printed flags including two options for free.

Also for all backers that have included at least one set of the 10 man squad I will send a pair of alternate heads for the avid converters out there. I originally had these cast when planning the figures for the campaign, it will be simple to add these to the production mould to give away for free with your rewards.

Lastly I have this brand new set of British steampunk infantry to offer once we break the £3000 total. I had prepared these for the campaign in advance to offer as a stretch goal but dropped them from the plan as I thought I would not raise enough to pay for the moulding of another entire squad of models but we've definitely exceeded my exceptions! 

So please spread the word and I'll be able to offer this set as an add on alongside your existing rewards.

Thanks to everyone!

Offline Kommando_J

• Mastermind
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2015, 06:42:54 PM »
Are the command separate head/slotta base?

Offline Andrew May

• Mastermind
    • Meridian Miniatures
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2015, 10:57:42 PM »
The command are fixed heads and slotta base.

Offline Andrew May

• Mastermind
    • Meridian Miniatures
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2015, 10:58:28 PM »
Sorry for the late update today, I've been traveling for a family wedding (so may be slow to update over the next few days).

I'm glad to report that we broke the £3000 goal today so it has become viable for me to offer the new 10 man British infantry squad.

This is a brand new set based on the figures that featured on my forst KS campaign. The set features brand new and improved CAD sculpted weapons and a tiny loading robot. The heads are fixed in place based on the most popular choice by for from the first campaign and continuing online sales, allowing me to reduce the cost to you and get the figures on the tabletop faster!

For bigger picture see here:

You can add this set for just £18, saving you £2 or retail (over £5 cheaper than the equivalent existing figures on the online store inc special weapons etc) no need to add extra postage either.

Thanks again all!