Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:49:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Steampunk militia Kickstarter, Stretch goals and freebies!  (Read 14459 times)

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The dog, the dog, he's at it again
Re: Steampunk militia Kickstarter, Stretch goals and freebies!
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2015, 05:31:57 AM »
The loader robot is a great addition 8)

Offline Andrew May

• Mastermind
    • Meridian Miniatures
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2015, 05:08:45 PM »
Just a quick update to show some pics I quickly fired off before travelling.

The new sets contain a new weapon for Steam & Aether, the Stuttermetric Capitulator!

The militia fighters come equipped to hail aetheric doom at their opponents, the gunner having a companion haul the reams of ammunition around the battlefield for him.

The British infantryman however has the benefit of a loading bot to serve him in the field. The robot comes with a couple of magazines of ammunition to pile on the loading platform. The robot itself is supplied in two pieces.

That's pretty much it for the week as I am attending a family wedding tomorrow so I'll wish you a great weekend, hopefully this very British rain will halt for a while!

Thanks for a great first few days,

Cheers!

Offline Andrew May

• Mastermind
    • Meridian Miniatures
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2015, 04:10:13 PM »
Hi all, I'm back from my travels and have a new freebie for you.

These casualty figures were originally produced for my "Steampunk army" minatures Kickstarter, I had already decided to never release them on general sale (they occasionally get added as freebies to large orders etc but will never be availible on the online store). I already have a pile of them here in stock so it's no bother to add them as freebies for pledgers. So, anyone that adds the 10 man british infantry squad (pictured below) will also get the british infantry casualties free.

I hope everyone had a great weekend, I'll be back tomorrow with another update.

Cheers!

Offline Andrew May

• Mastermind
    • Meridian Miniatures
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2015, 04:20:33 PM »
Today's update is just a quick bit of Steam & Aether "flavour text" explaining the background to the models presented in the campaign for those of you familiar with my "house setting". The text was prepare with the assistance of the Talented Mark Latham.

Go here to read it:https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2004599158/steampunk-militia-miniatures/posts/1308399

What is steam and Aether?

Steam & Aether is a rule set and game setting that I developed with the assistance of Mark Latham last year during and following my successful Staempunk army KS campaign. Rules are downloadable here: http://steamandaether.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/steam-aether-quick-play-rules.html Backstory starts here:http://steamandaether.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/in-aftermath-of-napoleonic-wars-peace.html

Offline Andrew May

• Mastermind
    • Meridian Miniatures
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2015, 04:41:18 PM »
Hey everyone.

We're hovering just below the 300% funding mark so I thought I'd throw in one last freebie should we make it before Monday.

This figure is the British general from the first Steampunk Army campaign I ran, he'd make a fine addition to the Steampunk Millitia force, lending expert advice and marshaling the troops.

If we reach £3600 I will throw him in for free to all rewards of the "whole set" this figure has a retail value of £4.50 usually but we've reached such a high total that he's more than accounted for, so come on two or three more whole sets could tip the balance!

I will be otherwise engaged for most of the weekend and Monday too so my update on the end of the campaign may be a little late, don't be alarmed, I'll be right back too it next week, finishing the add on packs and shipping everything to the casters!

Thanks all and have a great weekend.

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • As my grandchildren see me...
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2015, 07:04:43 PM »
That's okay, I'll save you part of the bother.

General was unlocked.  :D

Doug

Offline Andrew May

• Mastermind
    • Meridian Miniatures
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2015, 09:10:34 PM »
Thanks Doug!

Offline Andrew May

• Mastermind
    • Meridian Miniatures
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2015, 09:13:59 PM »
Hi all, thanks for your patience in waiting an extra day for the finish update. We had a great weekend jumping up several hundred pounds over the course of a few days. While the total is meager in comparison to some projects that you see on KS I'm very pleased to have done this all as a small "one man band" company, I'm so happy to be able to share my miniatures with so many people.

I spent the day today catching up on posting orders from my online store: http://www.meridianminiatures.com/

Then moving on to working on the add on stretch goal figures for you, I will post pictures as they are finished which should be by the end of the week.

The first masters went out today for moulding, I will send out the surveys in the next 24hrs to find out how many castings I will need of everything.

Don't forget to like me on Facebook to keep up with the onging releases from Meridian Miniatures. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Meridian-Miniatures/278329682295664

Thanks to all!

Andrew May