Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 07:53:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689776
  • Total Topics: 118295
  • Online Today: 798
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Reaper Bones 3 KS: Shub-Niggurath for $15 + Mythos expansion for $50  (Read 18397 times)

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The dog, the dog, he's at it again
Re: Reaper Bones 3 KS: Shub-Niggurath for $15 + Mythos expansion for $50
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2015, 12:57:21 PM »
Regarding shipping costs, you need to use their "pledge calculator" (linked to in the main KS campaign page)
And you won't like what you see once you do :?

With the caveat that I only calculated for the Shub-Niggurath and another small set so the postage will probably not double the price for the larger sets. Did kill my personal interest in taking part tho.

Offline TheBlueShoggoth

• Librarian
    • Outside The Universe Iteself
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2015, 10:39:35 PM »
Can't say I really like any of these, while technically good - they all have legs. I hate legs on mythos creatures.
Primevel Abyssian - A WIP wargame about alien races in an artificial universe :
http://outsidetheuniverseitself.blogspot.com/
inspired by Olaf Stapledon and Robert L Forward ect

Offline Klener Zorn

• Scientist
    • Zorns Blog
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2015, 02:07:25 AM »
Can't say I really like any of these, while technically good - they all have legs. I hate legs on mythos creatures.

but deep ones need to have legs

Offline Connectamabob

• Mastermind
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2015, 01:32:38 PM »
Can't say they're to my taste either (Dagon's human arm muscles...
). Good for everyone to have more options, I suppose, but I've yet to see any Cthulhu creature sculpts from any company that come close to working for me. Always either poorly sculpted, too unimaginatively chimeric (literal goat legs... gawd), or too cartoony. Usually at least two, too often all three.
History viewed from the inside is always a dark, digestive mess, far different from the easily recognizable cow viewed from afar by historians.

Offline diehard

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2015, 05:47:17 PM »
While I picked up the Bones Cthulhu from the first campaign (afterwords) and only pledged for the Cthonian-ish GOO during the second campaign on this one I also gave a pass not being particularly impressed by any of the sculpts aside from the Cthulhu statue which I'll probably pick up later. The Shub and the Dagon were pretty disappointing to me (and I won't even start on the Dark Young.) Choice is great to have but I'm more than happy with my Cthulhu Wars versions so far.
We haul ours to kick theirs.

Offline Klener Zorn

• Scientist
    • Zorns Blog
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2015, 07:05:52 PM »
). Good for everyone to have more options, I suppose, but I've yet to see any Cthulhu creature sculpts from any company that come close to working for me. Always either poorly sculpted, too unimaginatively chimeric (literal goat legs... gawd), or too cartoony. Usually at least two, too often all three.

yeah i totally understand what you mean, the Reaper Cthulhu looked like a he Man figute before i replaced the wings ad addet some eyes and tentacles

Offline TheBlueShoggoth

• Librarian
    • Outside The Universe Iteself
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2015, 05:01:37 AM »

Theres been a few models, but for the most part I completely agree with you - most are boring and unimagive and they always focus on damn cthulhu and deep ones (yawn) - the litteral goat legs are as annoying as when they make hounds of tindalos "litteral" hounds too. Shame considering theres so much great artwork out there to draw from too. If I ever get the time (ha!) maybe ill do my own mythos game.