Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:57:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686488
  • Total Topics: 118102
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The good, the bad and the Andy (latest: Dracula's America)  (Read 44557 times)

Offline Yggdrasil

• Scientist
Re: The good, the bad and the Andy (DMH project) - Today: another waggon
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2015, 09:58:49 AM »
Hi there.
I'm quite busy in painting my Bolt Action Stuff right now (British Forces are on the march  8)) . Therefore I have no actual News for this thread  :(

So I use the time to anwser some of your posts :)

@ Mason:
Thanks, pal.
I'm constantly working on adding more Details to my terrain pieces. That is one of the main reasons because I'm struggling in posting bigger stuff (like houses): Even if they look finished right now it can (or will) happen that I'll add additional stuff in the near future. The waggon is a good example for this. After it was done I was lurking around your thread. Seeing those horse-drawn waggons you built I realized that my terrain pieces look a little bit inhabited. So I used some old Foundry Cowboys, a lot of Greenstuff and old Plastic Horses to make this optional used/unused waggon terrain feature. I like thge mechanic and will use it for different stuff in the future (this gives more variety).

Quote from: Mason
I am looking forward to seeing what you have planned with the new stuff.
 Cheesy
Me too!  lol
I'm planning some sort of bank robbery scene. The first act will be to steal dynamite. The second act will feature a horse drawn piece of field artillery. After which has been set up the final act will be played: The Outlaws have two options to get into the bank: They could use the stolen Dynamite to blow up the main door, or they can make use of the Field Artillery to destroy the building (hopefully the safe will stay functioanl after the big boom ^^). After I have finished the rules I'll post them in a new thread.

@ Bertrand:
Thanks for your motivating words. I'm glad that you enjoy the Markers.

@ Vagabond:
That's true, Mr.Wu still looks a little bit grumpy :D Maybe i should call him 'grumpy old' Wu from now on  lol

Quote from: Vagabond
Will you be posting pictures of your buildings?
You are welcome :)

Here are the first pics. I think it would be a good idea to start with Madame Sybelle's.
It was one of the first terrain pieces I built for the western-gaming table. Since then I was constantly adding stuff as you will see on the pics:

First Version:

This pic shows quite the 'basic' version of the terrain piece. I planed to make a 'traveling cathouse'. This idea came from the Lucky Luke movie featuring terrance hill (yes it's true, i am a very big fan of Bud Spencer & Terrance Hill movies, especialy their western movies  like 'They Call Me Trinity' Best Food-eating scene ever!!!!  8) )
The terrain piece features some basic Stuff: Tents (you all know what might happen in there... My guess: Talking  lol), an improvised washing room and of course the Sign saying: 'Madame Sybelle's Girls'.

Current Version:
I've added a lot of stuff. different sorts of Gras Tufts, More girls, the typical trenchcoat dessed guy and of course a voyeur.

One last thing to mention: I'm not quite sure why eeach game we play on my gaming table ends in a capute the flag competition: Everyone tries to conquer this place   lol

« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 10:01:45 AM by Yggdrasil »

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
Re: The good, the bad and the Andy (DMH project) - Today: Madame Sybelle's
« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2015, 01:17:12 PM »
Good stuff, all around, and some nice ideas. Shall be following this with interest!
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline Yggdrasil

• Scientist
Re: The good, the bad and the Andy (DMH project) - Today: Madame Sybelle's
« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2015, 01:28:52 PM »
Quote from: Argonor
Good stuff, all around, and some nice ideas. Shall be following this with interest!
Thank You very much :)
I promise that there will be new stuff soon. I'm still quite busy in painting my WW2-Bolt Action Stuff (I would say 75% done).
But there is still some time to do some work on upcoming Wild-West Buildings.

Post-Office
It is still in an early stage but You can see the direction it's going. This Building will be a space-filler, therefore you can't play inside.

Sorry for bad picture quality. I had to rearrange some of my Standlights  :?

Fence
I bought those fences for ACW gaming. I glued them onto bases and than they were put in a box. After searching for some hobby stuff I've found them lying unfinished in the box. So I painted them up and added a little stable. With most gluing already done the whole Terrain Feature was done in about an hour.

Some Impressions
Just a collection of characterful pictures

Greetings!

Offline Mike Blake

• Scientist
  • Size Does Matter! - 54mm - The One True Scale
Re: The good, the bad and the Andy (DMH project) - Today: Post Office WIP
« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2015, 01:56:44 PM »
Somehow I missed the travelling cat house - outstanding! That I really do have to do in 54mm  ;)

Looking back through I spotted one tiny flaw in all the excellence and for a while I couldn't put my finger on what it was - the signs in lower case letters like handwriting. Most would have been the work of proper signwriters and as such done with a high level of skill, and (OK I accept I'm a pedant with this one) but all the signs I have ever seen in photos are all UPPER CASE ie capital letters - lots of different fonts but always caps??

But this is a very small point when weighed against the overall brilliance of your work.
Size Does Matter! - 54mm - The One True Scale

Offline Yggdrasil

• Scientist
« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2015, 05:38:55 PM »
Quote from: Mike Blake
Somehow I missed the travelling cat house - outstanding! That I really do have to do in 54mm  Wink
I am definitively looking forward to this one  ;)

Quote from: Mike Blake
Looking back through I spotted one tiny flaw in all the excellence and for a while I couldn't put my finger on what it was - the signs in lower case letters like handwriting. Most would have been the work of proper signwriters and as such done with a high level of skill, and (OK I accept I'm a pedant with this one) but all the signs I have ever seen in photos are all UPPER CASE ie capital letters - lots of different fonts but always caps??

But this is a very small point when weighed against the overall brilliance of your work.
Thank You, Sir  :)
And thanks very much for your tip. I hadn't noticed the wrong Usage of Letters so far. I really like the signs that Mason made for his buildings. I think I'll do something simmilar. I'll make some concepts later on!

Greetings :)

Offline Jase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2015, 06:26:58 PM »
Love your Old West town, very characterful. Will save a few of those ideas of yours for later use :)

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2015, 07:53:20 PM »
Looks like I missed some updates....and what great updates they are!
 :o

That cathouse is great, all the small details really make it pop.
That interior is wonderful and the young lad having a peep is inspired.
 :-* :-*

Details, details....it is all in the details!
 8) 8)

I shall be paying more attention in future.
 :D

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2015, 05:20:59 AM »
Bahaha! The mobile cathouse really is inspired.

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2015, 06:01:59 AM »
Great thread  :)

cheers

James
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline Constable Bertrand

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2015, 08:41:52 AM »
OOh I do like the hand crafted terrain.  :-*  :-* Your timber work is very nice sir. And the bathers gave me a giggle, very reminiscent of Season 1 of Hell On Wheels  ;)

Cheers
Matt

Offline Yggdrasil

• Scientist
Re: The good, the bad and the Andy (DMH project) - Today: Desperados Bar Updated
« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2015, 08:13:41 PM »
Thank You guys  :)

Answering all your comments might need some time. But you are rewarded with some new Pics at the end of this post.

Quote from: Jase
Love your Old West town, very characterful. Will save a few of those ideas of yours for later use Smiley
Thank You very much  :)
I am glad that you like my collection. It is a real pleasure building Old West related Stuff.

Quote from: Mason
Looks like I missed some updates....and what great updates they are!
 Shocked

That cathouse is great, all the small details really make it pop.
That interior is wonderful and the young lad having a peep is inspired.
 Love Love

Details, details....it is all in the details!
 Cool Cool

I shall be paying more attention in future.
 Cheesy
Thanks, pal.
But I fear that all the Details are one of the biggest problems I have right now. I try to keep all Terrain pieces at a certain 'ready to use' state. But there are some pieces of terrain that draw way too much attention. So many things to do right now: I still have to finish the last piece for the Boot Hill. There is much more work needed on the Post Office introduced earlier in this thread and it is a shame that the interiors of the Jailhouse and the church are still adobe and raw!  
I think that might be one of the reasons why you are going to see the same Terrain piece over and over as its state will be updatetd, reworked or added by much more detail (I know my habits.... I can't finalize my hobby stuff  :?  lol).

Quote from: jimbibbly
Great thread  Smiley

cheers

James
Thank You very much  8)

Quote from:  Constable Bertrand
OOh I do like the hand crafted terrain.  Love  Love Your timber work is very nice sir. And the bathers gave me a giggle, very reminiscent of Season 1 of Hell On Wheels  Wink

Cheers
Matt
Thank You. I had never worked with Wood before. Regarding the timber work I still learn more and more about how to use it by trying out new stuff or lurking around the depths of the lead-adventure-forum to get inspired by the fantastic work of other users.
You are totally correct. Season 1 of Hell On Wheels do was one of the most inspirational things for this terrain piece  ;)
I'm going to add a little bit more Hell on Wheels Stuff in the future.

New today: The main room of the Desperados Bar is finished! here are some pics.

For warming Up:

The mexican Bandits feel home:

The Bar in all its beauty:

The roof is removable in two steps:

The Kitchen still needs more work.

The main room is finished. Now I'm thinking about adding furniture.

In this topic I show how the wall-textures and paintings were made:
http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=82992.0

Greetings  8)

« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 08:36:51 PM by Yggdrasil »

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
Re: The good, the bad and the Andy (DMH project) - Today: Desperados Bar Updated
« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2015, 08:54:20 PM »
Sure hope they're serving pulque in there  ;)

Offline Constable Bertrand

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
« Reply #57 on: September 30, 2015, 08:18:43 AM »
The vegitation is fantastic! And the crushed pot! BRILLIANT  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*

A very pretty abode bar.  8)

Thank you for such wonderful and 'moody' shots of the build. They are like stills from the Magnificent Seven.  8)

Cheers
Matt

Offline Legionaire22

• Bookworm
Very impressive!
Zombies make me poop!

Offline Yggdrasil

• Scientist

Quote from: Argonor
Sure hope they're serving pulque in there  Wink
I am for sure that this is true for daylight times. But I don't know whats going on in there at dusk or night  lol

Quote from: Constable Bertrand
The vegitation is fantastic! And the crushed pot! BRILLIANT  Love  Love  Love  Love  Love  Love
Thank You. I am glad that you like it. I removed the tree I was using before and exchanged it with the one featured in the pictures. Additionally I added some more bushes and vines. I'm quite pleased with the new look of it (maybe I find some older pics which show the older tree).

Quote from: Constable Bertrand
Thank you for such wonderful and 'moody' shots of the build. They are like stills from the Magnificent Seven.  Cool
Thank You for comparing my terrain with this wonderfull movie. Now that I have the fitting Minis from Knuckleduster, all I got to do is painting them. But this makes me wonder: Do I have to search for a new model to represent Calvera or is the Boss of my Mexicans good enough  ???

Quote from: Legionaire22
Very impressive!

Thank You  :)