Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:29:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686473
  • Total Topics: 118102
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Elbowtech (Battletech Skirmish) - Rules on Page 1  (Read 33432 times)

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
Re: Elbowtech (Strategy deck Page 4, rules Page 5)
« Reply #105 on: September 23, 2015, 09:40:55 PM »
That's awesome.  :D  I haven't tried the planetary conditions.  I think the heavy gravity would have made assaults etc. absolutely miserable to play with.  The sandstorm and heavy gravity definitely changed what could have been a very simple and quick scenario.

That Phoenix Hawk didn't fare too well.  At some point I'll have to start testing the quasi-campaign stuff (survival, ejections, etc.).  I haven't bothered thus far because of the skirmish games we've played.

Two locusts were a damn good choice! 
2024 Painted Miniatures: 166
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #106 on: September 23, 2015, 09:41:43 PM »
PS: What are your other rock outcrops?  I see some Badlands rocks, are the others the GF9 rocky outcrops or whatever?  I need some more natural terrain.

Offline warlord frod

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #107 on: September 24, 2015, 01:33:51 AM »
... are the others the GF9 rocky outcrops... ? 

Yes.  :D

Thanks for your nice comment. I enjoyed playing this a lot so I will use it again. Yes the missile barrage was devistating and I was lucky it was simply knocked prone and smoking. With two crits it could have been a lot worse. Those command die rolls can sure be frustrating at times. I was hoping for a crit or two on the Griffins attempt on the Locust that might have changed the outcome.

Look forward to any new tweeks you might come up with.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #108 on: September 28, 2015, 12:32:34 AM »
Okay, well, again, since I have no photobucket space left, here is the start of the re-made cards.

http://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com/

Starting off with the miniatures I have, and will fill in the blanks later.  I'm providing blank versions so people can put their own mech pictures in, or you can just use some of mine.

I spent a lot of time this weekend working out all of the damn mech images and re-doing all the darn cards.  Still a lot left.  I've covered a lot of my miniatures, but that leaves a lot of other ones.  Also worth noting I changed the Rifleman's weapon packages to make it more effective (really hindered by heat sinks).

I'm going to edit the Charger a bit as well to make it worth taking.  Stay tuned!

Is anyone interested in me posting up the dice for sale via Gamecrafter?  I can put together a set and sell them for zero profit if anyone wants the dice/stickers in order to build command dice.

Also:
+Received more mechs, have a bunch more assembled and ready for painting
+Received a Hamster ball to make into a dropship
+Ordered some new MDF city buildings to replace the card ones.
+Ordered some felt roads, and received a lovely new gaming mat from Deep Cut Studios!

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
Re: Elbowtech (Battletech Skirmish) - New Mech cards last page!
« Reply #109 on: September 28, 2015, 02:19:35 AM »
Added some more Assault Mechs to the blog.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #110 on: October 04, 2015, 04:05:13 PM »
A few more mechs added to the blog, and some pictures of a new gaming mat from Deep Cut Studios.

http://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com/

Also adding a lot of material to the rules (LRM indirect fire, some revisions to weapons, beginning of campaign rules, explanations for heat dissipation, etc.  --- will post shortly)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 04:07:59 PM by Elbows »

Offline Sgt. Scream

• Scientist
    • Small Scale Operations Blog, my wargaming blog
« Reply #111 on: October 04, 2015, 08:05:08 PM »
That mat looks nice. Thanks for the "review"  :D

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #112 on: October 04, 2015, 09:58:20 PM »
The other one I ordered was a desert badlands one...though honesty the Steppe one is just arid enough that I could even run my Old West games on it.  I'm a huge fan of the mousepad material - takes prints well, is heavy, sticks to the table.  Really a great solution.  I suspect I may eventually end up with a half dozen of those damn mats.  lol

Offline TheWorker

• Bookworm
« Reply #113 on: October 05, 2015, 12:21:22 AM »
  :o brilliant! Enough said.  :D
"Overwork is repulsive to human nature--not work.”  ~ Kropotkin

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #114 on: October 07, 2015, 11:58:47 PM »
So, I've ordered a test batch for my 72 painted mechs...including this one last fella.

It'll be a little bit of a test to see how much better a 3050 mech is than the competition.  Also give me a chance to test the Gauss Rifle, and ER tech.  The first problem - namely with the Assault mechs is that I am going to quickly run out of room for weapon sets.  This will be annoying.

I'll post pics of the cards when they ship.  I've been working on a Union class dropship and my burn-in designs buildings just showed up.  Hope to have something to show in the near future.

Offline warlord frod

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #115 on: October 08, 2015, 01:36:00 AM »
Have you posted your rules revisions yet? Still anxious to see the LAM mechs if you get around to them.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #116 on: October 08, 2015, 11:56:58 PM »
No revisions yet...probably going to try to knock out all the 3050 tech etc. and post a big revision.  LAMs are something I haven't tackled yet.  I don't know a whole lot about them.  I'll look them up in my TRO and see what I think would be suitable.  I'd guess flying and walking...with flying using some old rules from a Robotech game I was making.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #117 on: October 28, 2015, 11:24:38 PM »
Small update...for those wondering, yes I'm working on the revised rules (no major changes, just some revisions).  Introducing LAMs, Campaign games, scenarios etc.  The rulebook is already running up into the 30-page area.

Received a test print of my new cards...edited them a bit and sent off for another pack.  Added a number of gashapon unseen mechs to my rosters.

Here is an update on my mech forces:

Each force now consists of a full battalion (three companies, or 36 mechs) and then some.  Some buildings from Burn-In designs have been completed this weekend...even though I did them backwards and wasted a heap of time.  Will probably post a game report sometime soon.  I am revising the strategy deck to change things that people don't like or cards that I've found less than useful lately.

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
Re: Elbowtech (Battletech Skirmish) - More mechs, more mechs!
« Reply #118 on: October 29, 2015, 07:49:40 AM »
WOW, awesome update. Terrific paintjobs and the shot with everything together is epic.
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
Re: Elbowtech (Battletech Skirmish) - More mechs, more mechs!
« Reply #119 on: October 29, 2015, 12:46:38 PM »
(runs down and kisses the host)  I want the trip to the Bahamas!

One thing I'm waiting on at the moment is some felt highways/roads from Hotz Mats...ordered them a few weeks ago.  Silly having buildings in the middle of nowhere with no roads.  Also, I've putting together some service trucks and still working on a dropship.  I need some cars/vehicles for clutter, and then I may do additional forests.  A handful more buildings will be needed as the new MDF stuff isn't enough for a city at the moment unless I put it on the corner of the board.

I'll try to get the update for the rules up sometime soon.  I've re-organized the blog posts with the cards, now including all of the ones I've got done.