Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:41:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Under an Ashen Sky - The Elder Scrolls in 28mm (Frostgrave)  (Read 60048 times)

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Under an Ashen Sky - The Elder Scrolls in 28mm (Frostgrave)
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2015, 12:07:19 PM »
The leading man himself. :)

And I sculpted up a Flame Atronach to act as a summoned lesser demon for him.

Its based on the Skyrim version specifically, rather than Morrowind's, because ...flame trails!

Edit: Woo! Made it onto page two of this thread. When its five I think that means I have to get its dumbass name tattooed on my butt. ;)

...Let's not talk about what sort of things I've done to myself for that long ass Fallout thread.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 12:08:53 PM by Wyrmalla »

Offline Cherno

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2015, 12:19:57 PM »
The Flame Atronach looks pretty cool. I hope we will get to see a painted version soon :)

Offline LordOdo

• Mastermind
    • StormToren (my wargame blog)
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2015, 03:03:57 PM »

Edit: Woo! Made it onto page two of this thread. When its five I think that means I have to get its dumbass name tattooed on my butt. ;)

...Let's not talk about what sort of things I've done to myself for that long ass Fallout thread.

If I recall right your S.T.A.L.K.E.R. thread is quite long too :D
''Its so much easier to build something new than work up the courage to actually paint some.'' -Wyrmalla (2015)

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2015, 04:05:48 PM »
I think I post too much here...

That Fallout thread's the longest one in the entire post-apocalyptic board IIRC. Heh, and its not dead (I played a game on Tuesday actually), but I am sort of working on three big projects at once, and that's not including all the stuff I'm doing on the side (I've to make a hotdog van for a friend this week...).

The Flame Atronach's painted.

Sorry if the focus is weird on these. Orange on an orange background maybe isn't the best idea. I really aught to see about making a blue background as it wasn't thought out very well having the current colour seeing as how often I use a brown palette.

Now all I need is another model to count as a Lesser Demon. Two for Major Demons and two for Imps. I'm thinking maybe an Ogrim or Ice/ Storm Atronach for the big ones and maybe a Scamp or Clanfear for the Imps. Hmn, though the rules do say that Major Demons don't need to be the massive creature that the actual model is, rather I could get away with using a Dremora for one (the issue with that is that it could get mixed up with the Lesser Demons/Wizards. ...The same rules say that you can use a chair for a Small Construct however).

Oh hey, and something that I totally do all the time, a before and after. =P

« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 04:08:57 PM by Wyrmalla »

Offline Elgis

• Assistant
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2015, 05:38:25 PM »
Still looks lovely. If you are concerned about orange on orange maybe the darker areas could be almost burnt black for more contrast?

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2015, 03:17:25 PM »
Nah, once a model's painted like hell I'm going back to it. ...Well at least not for a year until I look at my current models and feel ashamed :)

As my remaining paint brushes have all lost their tips (...dry brushing's fun), have some WIPs instead.

An Ashlander archer. He could double as a "tracker" in Frostgrave too, paired with a Nix Hound.

And to spice up the variety a bit more, another Daedra.

She's based on the Shivering Isles iteration of the Golden Saints, just with a bit more armour. Once she's painted up all gold the slightly different design won't be noticeable. As I have two summoner mages (the master and the apprentice) who both have the same spells, there's a chance that I may need two Minor Demons on the board at once, so she'll do for a second one along with the Flame Atronach.

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2015, 08:19:31 PM »
And tonight's endeavors. My first piece of terrain for the setting, a Dwemer statue (...with updated visuals).

Sans its shield, because the thing's still soft and stuck to some plasticard. :/

It needs some ears added and I'll probably build the base up a bit, but it shouldn't be long till I can just drybrush it all grey.

Ah crap I'm out of grey paint. :(

Offline LordOdo

• Mastermind
    • StormToren (my wargame blog)
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2015, 10:29:50 PM »
Oooh its all so good!   :o

Now you mentioned  a Nix hound,  I'm really looking forward to see your version! Im sure it will be great!

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2015, 07:15:47 AM »
It won't be a full sized one, otherwise that'd count as a Dire Wolf or something. The warhounds in Frostgrave are pretty big, so I've set a 30mm base aside for it instead.

Here's that statue now fully assembled, silly ears in place... ;)

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2015, 10:22:24 PM »
Work started today, so productivity plummeted. =P

Only managed to paint one and a half models. ;)

The Golden Saint then, hopefully looking inhuman enough not to get mistaken for a regular soldier in Frostgrave. Her skin's freakin yellow. ...Wait High Elves' skin's golden too. I guess that means I don't field her alongside High Elves. :)

There's a bit of brown paint on her shield's edge which has been fixed since taking those pictures btw.

Oh aye, pointless .gif time. ;)

« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 10:26:28 PM by Wyrmalla »

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2015, 02:57:18 PM »
Well this is as much I could manage since the last post. The Dwemer Statue's now in a usable state, along with the Ashlander now being painted, and I've started on a Scamp too. :)

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2015, 03:31:02 PM »
Don't look at this thread for a week and  :o
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2015, 07:11:05 PM »
...That statue looks like it has no neck because of its beard and how padded its clothes are. I guess the Dwemer's clothes were like gambeson or something, youknow to protect them when they're working with all that machinery and random steam venting.

Sure let's go with that... ;)

Offline zebcook

• Librarian
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2015, 04:41:20 AM »
There's a silt strider on Shapeways that is pretty good. Little small for 28's though.

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2015, 07:48:08 AM »
I'd just make my own one probably. Wouldn't be too difficult to make one of those ones which are buried under the sand in the Ashlands either (I always assumed that those were either dead because of the climate, or sleeping, or something...).

Not sure if this is worth posting or not. Here's the armature for the scamp starter, though the pose may need reworking a tad (moving the model further right and changing the left hand so it looks like it has weight being put on it).