Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:19:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686489
  • Total Topics: 118102
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Under an Ashen Sky - The Elder Scrolls in 28mm (Frostgrave)  (Read 59690 times)

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Under an Ashen Sky - The Elder Scrolls in 28mm (Frostgrave)
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2015, 09:37:36 AM »
Today's kind of sort of project; work on this thing more. :)

...Even if I really should finish my warband first. :(

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2015, 10:08:01 AM »
Very nice, and don't worry. Just gives you some terrain to have in the back ground for your new warband
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2015, 05:02:56 PM »
My first go at a mushroom house now at the point of near paintatude. :)

Hmn, I dislike the stairs. They're based on how Skyrim did them, but I prefer Morrowind's spiraling ones (which also happen to take up less space too). A more spherical shape would perhaps look better as well. Overall though having different styles adds a bit of variety however.

I'll probably for a white/cream paintjob for the body, grey/brown for the stalk/walk and a grey/purple for the cap.

So aye, bar maybe adding some crap to the base ready to paint I think. I did make some loose mushrooms, but'll wind up putting them on a separate base instead. Meanwhile I have a few things which are close to being finished, though I'm not in the mood for much other than screwing around with clay today. Till tomorrow with that stuff then. :)

Offline LordOdo

• Mastermind
    • StormToren (my wargame blog)
« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2015, 06:44:58 PM »
It looks fantastic!!!
''Its so much easier to build something new than work up the courage to actually paint some.'' -Wyrmalla (2015)

Offline Hupp n at em

• Mastermind
« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2015, 08:19:19 PM »
Wow, love the way this turned out!  :o

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2015, 12:16:08 PM »
Pictures? Ack, all right...

The Morag Tong Assassin with a lick of paint on her. Her sword's enchanted, hence the weird blue effect on it (oi blame the game for making every piece of enchanted gear look like that. Imagine "hey your sword's glowing bright blue, damn must be enchanted, I'm staying the hell away from you/ ooh, lemme mug you for it").

A regular Dunmer bandit type. =P

And err, a Scamp in a Pot. It'll be a treasure marker, or if I don't make that Scamp soon enough a stand in for that. I can't remember the manufacturer, but its part of a whole line of comedic goblins from the 90s.

We'll see what I can manage to finish in time for a game on Tuesday. There's three more thugs being painted right now, though I don't think that the Nix-Hound will be done in time so I'll have to use a wolf as a stand in for that. Meh, see what happens.

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2015, 03:03:50 PM »
Like the house, the assassin and the bandit.

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2015, 06:27:04 PM »
More crap? More crap...

Two thugs and an archer.

The second thug's made from the Frostgrave soldier's kit, just with a headswap. I'll probably use that kit for Nords, perhaps the Skaal, though I wanted to see how it'd work in Dunmer colours. The first one's another Deus Vult Steppe Warrior and the archer started as a Wargames Factory WWII soldier. Overall I think I prefer the Wargames Factory models for playing about with, if only because their easier to sculpt over entirely.

That's most of my warband done then barring: the Nix-Hound, another archer, two Imps (a Scamp and some other Daedra) and Major Demons (a Flesh Atronach and perhaps a Storm Atronach). Priority wise though its just that archer which I'm caring about as the rest I can proxy in the short term. He'll probably just be another guy in Chitin Armour for ease. =P

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #53 on: August 21, 2015, 07:55:35 PM »
I don't post for five days and let this thread drop to the second page of this board? Shame!

I think that I made mention of this thingy over in the Frostgrave sub-board at some point. Whilst playing a game I felt like I needed a specific token to represent the Wizard Eye spell from that game, so painted up a Mages Guild sigil onto a two pence piece and called it job's a good un'.

Which looking at it, it could do well enough as one of those exploding runes from Skyrim. I only painted the sigil on one side, but I could stick another one the other - not so sure about that as I'll be blu-tacking this to walls, which could ruin the paint.

The first non-Dunmer mortal in this thread I think. Hey this counts! An unfortunate Outlander who has been inflicted with the Divine Disease of House Dagoth (Corpus to ye plebians). I picked up a few Reaper models yesterday which looked suitable for this, and this "Dreg" just shouted Lame Corpus to me.

Yes Corpus went the way of Dagoth Ur when he was killed, and I did say I was aiming for the period after the Red Year, but.... who cares? :)

Oh the other models are aimed at being: a Sixth House Ash Slave, a Thalmor Wizard and a Nord Warrior in Iron Armour. They're mostly being painted as is without many changes, though the Nord at least isn't half naked anymore. =P

The plan this week is to maybe make a ruined Hllalu building (like the ones found in Balmora) or perhaps to finish the mushroom ...which would have been done already, but I procrastinate a lot. We'll see how things turn out. Oh and my hard drive failed a few days ago and I lost a couple of hundred images collected for ideas for this.

Offline Furt

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Barbarous...
    • "Adventures in Lead"
« Reply #54 on: August 21, 2015, 08:19:22 PM »
I loved the look of The Elder Scrolls in the day and I think you have captured that feeling really well.

Your Dunmer conversions are very cool.  8)

BTW where is the head on your second thug from - the one made from the Frostgrave soldier kit.
“A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

http://adventuresinlead.blogspot.com/

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #55 on: August 21, 2015, 08:33:35 PM »
Its a Perry Mahdist Ansar head with some extra hair poorly greenstuffed one. Second from the left IIRC. :)

Offline LordOdo

• Mastermind
« Reply #56 on: August 21, 2015, 11:16:18 PM »
I don't post for five days and let this thread drop to the second page of this board? Shame!

Hahaha, this is one of the busier places of LAF ;)

Sorry to hear about your hard drive.. :(

And I think you should do a ruined Hlaalu building. Mostly because I jus want to see it being done by you :D, I guess it would be wiser to finish the mushroom first though, before starting a new build..

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #57 on: August 22, 2015, 05:12:19 PM »
Well I relented and didn't make the Hlaalu ruin as I really had other stuff to work on instead.

...So I just made an intact version of the same building. :D

Its so much easier to build something new than work up the courage to actually paint some.  :(

Its made in a similar manner to the Middle Eastern buildings which I've posted in the Cold War/ Modern board here, i.e. from some cut up cork floor sheeting. It measures 7 by 4.5 inches wide and 4.5 tall, though I think the perspective may be a bit screwed up in the picture as to me it looks larger (that or the model I used for scale is a bit smaller than my usual 28mms). I still need to populate it with furniture, but that'll be done after its painted. I'll probably use some of the 4grounds laser cut stuff. Some vases would be nice too, but I can't remember who sold me the last batch of those at a show - some research required. =P

With that I've also started painting an Ash Slave and that Nord warrior which I mentioned in my last post. I should have at least one of those up tomorrow if I'm not too tardy, or I don't find myself being distracted painting either of the two current terrain pieces... :)

The gutting out curved bits are an optional piece which isn't present on all the buildings of this particular style in the game, this is the only picture that I could find though which wasn't from the wiki (which don't like being linked to without resizing themselves). Hmn, I need to redo the stairs the next time I make one of these so they include a lip too.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 05:17:27 PM by Wyrmalla »

Offline LordOdo

• Mastermind
« Reply #58 on: August 22, 2015, 06:39:26 PM »

Its so much easier to build something new than work up the courage to actually paint some.  :(

That's a nice quote, sounds so familiar... :D Could be my signature...

this is the only picture that I could find though which wasn't from the wiki

If you need some pics, I can start Morrowind any minute and screenshot some photo's of buildings.. just let me know ;)

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #59 on: August 22, 2015, 07:47:37 PM »
Oh I could install the game too, though I don't want to be the guy who takes the blame for taking away a couple of hundred hours of someone's life... Images aren't a massive issue while I cover the well known bits and pieces at least. I was complaining about images ripped from that wiki resize themselves to thumbnail size when posted on forums. =/

I may go back to Morrowind whenever Tamriel-Rebuilt ever comes out (hah!). ...Or they at least finish the first release (i.e. the complete mainland before they go back and redo the original questline and locations).

On that subject, next on the building list. :D