Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:39:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690815
  • Total Topics: 118353
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: How will you build your wizard (equipment, spells, and stats)?  (Read 981 times)

Offline Philhelm

• Scientist
The wizard has five equipment slots.  Which items will you ultimately give your wizard?

My favorite school is Thaumaturgy, and I want to try to recreate a D&D style cleric.  I am considering taking the following items:

1. Hand Weapon (+2 Fight);
2. Ring of Protection (+1 Armor);
3. Cloak of Protection (+1 Armor);
4. Gloves of Strength (+2 Damage);
5. Robes of Arrow Turning (+4 Armor vs. Bows & Crossbows) - maybe.

Assuming Fight will eventually be raised to +5, he would have a total of +7 Fight, +2 Damage, and 12 Armor (16 vs. Bows & Crossbows).  With the Shield spell, he would have a respectable 14 Armor (18 vs. Bows & Crossbows).  Alternatively, he could take a magical Two-Handed Weapon, either +1 Fight or +2 Damage, for +6 Fight/+4 Damage or +5 Fight/+6 Damage.

The second question is how you intend to level your wizard?  Unless I missed something, there does not appear to be a level cap, so I'm focusing more on early development rather than the possibility of maxing all spells and stats.  Obviously, learning new spells will depend upon having the appropriate Grimoires, so learning additional spells early in the game will probably be less of an option to begin with.  However, it seems to me that it would be better to focus on improving a core set of "bread and butter" spells anyway, since the casting values tend to be rather high.  The exception to this would be the out of game spells in which, say, creating a potion on a roll of a 16 would still be useful in the long run.

Then there are the stats.  Will you focus on improving existing spells, or will you want to raise the wizards stats?  Or perhaps sprinkle a few stat increases every so often?  I think that Fight would be worth raising, since it provides offensive and defensive value, and can even defend against ranged attacks.  It might also be worth investing in Health early on as well.  I think it will be tough to choose at times whether to improve a spell, raise a stat, or learn a new spell.  What is your intended plan?