Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:39:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: [KickStarter] Menhir Games: 28mm Dark Age Outpost PLASTIC set.  (Read 16327 times)

Offline rumacara

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Zillions of painted miniz!
Re: [KickStarter] Menhir Games: 28mm Dark Age Outpost PLASTIC set.
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2015, 09:47:46 AM »
Will you have that keep at sell separated from the set ?

Offline Cubs

• Galactic Brain
  • "I simply cannot survive without beauty ..."
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2015, 10:14:51 AM »
Really does need to be aged a bit, everything is too linear and straight, does not look like a period construction. Still reminds me of the fortifications in the bags of 99c green army men.

Bang on the money.

It would look so much better if there was some warp, some mess, a touch more 'shamshackle' to it.

The figures look like toys or boardgame pieces and probably should be left as that.
'Sir John ejaculated explosively, sitting up in his chair.' ... 'The Black Gang'.

Paul Cubbin Miniature Painter

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2015, 05:06:05 PM »
Have to agree I'm afraid.

It's a very nice idea, but the execution via computer design is just too... well, plastic-looking.

Obviously painting, weathering, basing and so on will bring them up to a standard. But all the pieces really do look incredibly toy-like - sorry :(

If there's an opportunity to muss the components up a bit before going into full production, I really would take it.

That said, the keep/tower looks a bit better than the other pieces, so I'm sure it's a learning process  :)

Offline ced1106

• Mad Scientist
Crimson Scales with Wildspire Miniatures thread on Reaper!
https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/103935-wildspire-miniatures-thread/

Offline Menhir Games

• Bookworm
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2015, 04:43:51 AM »
Update coming soon but i will post it here because i am quite anxious: With 22 walls section (18 curved + 4 straight) 4 towers, 2 gates and 2 keep i made a DUAL motte and bailey  fort... with the rest of pieces you would build the small town palisade.. and with the lumber kit, the bridge/ramps :)

Regarding detail level , as i said couple times, we look to make terrain for big audience, generic, not  "boutique terrain", that kind of product is made with resin, and is very expensive.

However i personally admit that, while this is plastic and have limitations regarding details (due the moulds being solid metal, instead ok soft rubber) it could have a little extra detail, or a textured surface, i will see how to "age" it a bit, but wont be on the 3D renders. You can always just wait to the product be  produced and buy it later after seing the improvments.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 04:50:58 AM by Menhir Games »

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2015, 04:50:43 PM »
I have backed this at one of the lower levels to make up a Rohan settlement stockade for LotR games. Fully expecting to be faced with a lot of work to take it from "toy" to "model" quality.
The idea is great (as are the potential further developments) and hopefully the basis is decent enough that it can be suitably improved.
True HIP styrene should be easy enough to carve and etch and I am thinking of it made into 6" or probably 8" modular sections mounted on an earth bank like a hill fort.

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2015, 05:15:56 PM »
Just a suggestion..... isn't it about time that this got moved to the Commercial section?

It just seems a wee bit unfair on other folks who are attempting to sell too.

As I say, just a suggestion :)

Darrell.

Offline Steve F

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Pedantic bugger, apparently.
« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2015, 06:29:43 PM »
Just a suggestion..... isn't it about time that this got moved to the Commercial section?

According to the Prof:

To complement our existing Bazaar boards, which are primarily directed at private users, we have decided to introduce a "Commercial Board":

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?board=80.0

The purpose of this board is to allow commercial miniature companies to post general news on their companies. This would include the following:

• The opening of a new or revamped online store
• Special offers and other events

NOTE THAT THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE SPECIFIC PRODUCT NEWS. If your company is about to release a new product or if you wish to showcase work-in-progress items, please use the appropriate period board as it will more easily reach your target audience there. For multi-period items, use the board which is most appropriate; for tools, paints etc., best use the Workbench.

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=57144.0

A Dark Age outpost seems to me like a specific product, rightly posted to the appropriate period board.

But I hope that everyone remembers this, too, from the Forum rules, especially all those new members who pop up these days to tell us about their Kickstarters:

If you run your own gaming-related business, you may advertise new product on a moderate scale; nonetheless, if that is the case, we strongly encourage you to make a contribution (via the Paypal Donate button) to support the LAF and ensure it will keep running (servers and traffic aren’t free, after all). It would not be fair for companies to use the LAF as a cheap “billboard” while the common user supports it with donations.

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=16293.0

Offline Menhir Games

• Bookworm
« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2015, 08:33:00 PM »
When the campaign ends and we receive the funds i will donate to this page, it deserves it, i apologizes if i sounded like spammer.

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2015, 09:43:14 PM »
It's okay. One thread is not exactly spamming :)
There's no obligation to donate, although it is certainly polite when heavy commercial users promote their stuff via the forum, for them to do so.
Some do, some don't. It's not compulsory.
And your one thread is not really heavy commercial use compared to some.

Besides which, I believe the donation facility is currently offline, so you couldn't donate even if you wanted to :)

As Steve says, the forum rules allow posting of commercial stuff of particular interest to specific periods to the relevant period board, so it's okay here in the Dark Ages / Medieval area.

The fort is starting to look rather good. With a bit more detailing, I can see it being very good, and as robh says, it would make a good centrepiece for a hill fort.

Offline ced1106

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #55 on: September 17, 2015, 06:01:28 AM »
"Important to note is that the paints are of low quality 3D prints, not real quality parts, those 3D print are 100 microns, while the real quality will be 25microns, same used for my miniatures :)"

At 55K, the plastic hovels add-on will be available for $15, for two small or one larger hovel. Each gold level has 9' of plastic walls, twelve towers, five gates, three keeps, accessories, and $53 trade-in for the pewter pieces for plastic.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 11:32:34 PM by ced1106 »

Offline ced1106

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2015, 06:11:17 AM »
7.5K to hovels!

Each hovel $15 add-on contains two hovels which can be combined into a larger house. Multiple hovels can make a long hall.

You can trade in the pewter miniatures for $53 in credit for plastic items!

Offline Menhir Games

• Bookworm
« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2015, 05:26:29 AM »
Hi! here a bring proper big renders:

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #58 on: September 25, 2015, 05:36:19 AM »
Very very cool those!
Hope the next stretch goal is reached.

Offline ced1106

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2015, 12:05:42 AM »
70K reached!

Anvil! Blacksmith tools! Fish rack! Beehives!