Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:59:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689758
  • Total Topics: 118294
  • Online Today: 786
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 6
Guests: 690
Total: 696

Recent

Author Topic: This is Not a Test; Northern Atlantic Wasteland  (Read 25599 times)

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
Re: This is Not a Test; Northern Atlantic Wasteland
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2015, 05:24:17 PM »
Looks like a fun project. Well done so far.
obsidian3d
www.o2media.ca

Offline horridperson

• Mad Scientist
  • Doing the Will of The Horned Cat
    • Void Spaces
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2015, 06:21:17 AM »
Buzzsaw is complete; I think.  I'm not sure if I should add some spatter to her face.  I'v always tried to follow the, "Less is more" rule of miniature gore but considered doing a gore mess on the lower part of her face while the topside (would have been beneath goggles) would be clean.  The problem is the goggles will need a shine to "sell" them and goring them up would likely ruin that effect.  I'm leaning toward leaving well enough alone.

Offline TheCaptain

• Librarian
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2015, 06:41:42 AM »
She's looking great horrid. As for the gore I agree, doing more wouldn't add to the model.

Offline horridperson

• Mad Scientist
    • Void Spaces
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2015, 05:34:07 AM »
I have been bouncing between Frostgrave and Strange Aeons for a bit and realized I was neglecting my TNT thread.  Nothing completed to show but here is a preview of what is on the table.  It's a tribute not a replica so a Peterbilt will do the trick.

Offline Achilles

• Mad Scientist
  • Heal them, with fire from above.
    • Guerrilla Miniature Games
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2015, 02:15:51 PM »
Looking great Arch! Hadn't seen your Caddy conversions, I may need to hit the local thrift shop and look for some diecast stuff to hammer on. I've still got a bunch of scale Crown Vics leftoever from my Zombie project I may repurpose now for Fallout! :D

All life is an experiment.
The more experiments you make, the better.
To see more painted Toy Soldiers, check out my Blog!

Offline horridperson

• Mad Scientist
    • Void Spaces
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2015, 04:20:05 PM »
@Achilles

Diecast are inexpensive and cater to collectors so they are a great detail to dollars proposition.  Only $20 for the 1/43 semi with a tanker trailer!  I onlt managed to get my paws on 1 crown vic that I turned into my pursuit but I have 2 police mustangs and a humvee for additional law enforcement as required.  I also sourced on kijiji and got a stash of 1920's cars for Strange Aeons.  I may use one of the Bugatti's as a basis for something in TNT (I was thinking about that jaguar mk ii from Doomsday).

I haven't watched yet but noticed you have a new TNT ep on deck; Must get over and have a look :) .

Offline Deathwing

• Mad Scientist
    • World's End Publishing
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2015, 05:58:09 PM »
Lovely as usual.  Need to get back to work on those TNT vehicle rules.  :)
Joseph McGuire, President/Janitor at World’s End Publishing; producer of the upcoming post-apocalypse skirmish warband game This Is Not a Test.

https://www.facebook.com/TNTGame

http://worldsendpublishing.com/

Offline Marine0846

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2015, 08:48:42 PM »
Super looking figures.
Just love Buzzsaw,
got to love those Xs.  lol
Semper Fi, Mac

Offline horridperson

• Mad Scientist
    • Void Spaces
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2015, 03:10:20 AM »
Thanks for the kind words everyone.  I got some paint on the rig and reassembled it.  The cab is like a puzzle box of fiddly micro screws and wasn't playing nice.  It was worth it to keep the windshield clean during the prime and to set it properly so it won't flop around after the project is complete.

Offline horridperson

• Mad Scientist
    • Void Spaces
« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2015, 05:15:29 PM »
All the big brush work is done so all that's left is some weathering and fine detail touch ups.  Next post with pics will be the completed model.

Offline Constable Bertrand

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2015, 08:25:27 PM »
The paint looks good mate, the faded blue is working  8)  8) and i like the red wheels, very sporty.  :-*

Cheers
Matt

Offline Furt

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Barbarous...
    • "Adventures in Lead"
« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2015, 08:34:55 PM »
Some really nice stuff here.

My group is really enjoying TNT at the moment.
“A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

http://adventuresinlead.blogspot.com/

Offline horridperson

• Mad Scientist
    • Void Spaces
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2015, 07:30:29 AM »
@Constable Bertrand:  I picked the blue to compliment the rusty orange I was building on the frame.  In the end the faction I want this to belong to (Caravanners) have military origins and it's a hint at old world Peacekeeper berets and identifiers.  The Caravan Nation (CN) will eventually end up detailed.

Thanks for following the semi and checking the rest of the thread.  Here it is complete from a few angles.  I plan to base it on some shingles styled as broken asphalt (Thanks Joe) but I haven't had a run to the hardware store yet this week.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 07:32:10 AM by horridperson »

Offline Mr. Peabody

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Canuck Amok
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2015, 04:59:52 PM »
Great job on the rig.
That's some swell logo the CN have right there.  ;)

Your enthusiasm for this project has me increasingly tempted by TNT. How are you liking the game itself?
Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers. P. Cushing
Peabody Here!

Offline horridperson

• Mad Scientist
    • Void Spaces
« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2015, 05:52:42 PM »
I haven't played yet Peabody  :D.  I love the setting which is my reason for enjoying the modelling/painting so much but I still have to make the stuff in order to play.  The gaming community locally is 40k, warmahorde possibly, or go home; Mostly I'd rather go home and model.  It's not fair to those games because I'm more of a painter or modeller and get most of my hobby fix doing either of those activities and interacting about it on forums.

Though I haven't played I have watched the Achille's Nickel City vids and read the rules.  I'm a sucker for older style builder/campaign games and am really impressed simply by observing.  The thing I don't like about many tabletop games is the I go-You go mechanic which feels like predetermination in some other games.  TNT's take on the turn mechanic struck me an fresh and interesting.  The gameplay seems fluid and I was very impressed.  I also like bringing a d10 into the fray.  The "swing" is longer than a d6 based system and adds to the uncertainty without mitigating the value of characters/units with the much longer swing of the d20.

My goal is to build a really crazy set up and present the game to some friends locally;get them involved.  With a pretty table and some nicely painted starter bands and a nice introductory scenario I think I could hook them and get people to play with.  I'm not a competitive gamer.  I don't care to play strangers to "win".  I like narratives and hope to get people I know who can appreciate the same to get on the horse.  All of the games I'm modelling stuff for aren't really on the radar locally but I would like to see them here because the games deserve it and so do people who appreciate good games.  It helps that the the feel of the game is a bit Fallout/ Road Warrior because who wouldn't want to play around with that :) ?

I wanted to throw the CN logo in there for a little of that Canadian content I've been trying to introduce to the project; That and a bit of a nod to Lester B. Pearson.

For what it is worth from someone who hasn't played I'd recommend it :).  I like the journey as much as the destination