Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:37:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Black Ops news?  (Read 32213 times)

Offline soulman

• Bookworm
Re: Black Ops news?
« Reply #165 on: November 13, 2015, 12:33:33 PM »
Hi Monty..Yes great set of rules....I don`t have my rulebook to hand at the moment but....

I think a fire team if all stay within 3" can protect leaders and heavy`s that may be mixed in the group. Also maybe something to do with suppression two... Sorry but I have many rulessets in my head at the Mo... like GOA..!!!!   Take a look at shooting and suppression Monty...

Offline Monty

• Scientist
    • Monty's Caravan Blog
« Reply #166 on: November 13, 2015, 03:57:16 PM »
I think a fire team if all stay within 3" can protect leaders and heavy`s that may be mixed in the group. Also maybe something to do with suppression two...
Thanks for the quick advice. This protection for allies in 3" is correct but it says 'group [...] of other visible allies'. So not a special fireteam rule.
Please visit my blog: Monty's Caravan

Offline S_P

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #167 on: November 19, 2015, 09:42:13 PM »
Thanks for the reply to the queries.

Has anyone tried to introduce guard dogs into their games yet?

Offline GuyB

• Bookworm
« Reply #168 on: November 20, 2015, 05:46:07 PM »
I did think about guard dogs for the game, sort of cheap guards but limited to an area - but we ran out of space.

Dogs would be a good addition, but don't make them too good. Dogs are fallable too.

Guy

Offline NurgleHH

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spacelord
    • Victory Decision Vietnam
« Reply #169 on: November 21, 2015, 01:38:15 PM »
Guarddogs often act very single minded and - that is true- guard an area. There is also a chance, that they leave a close combat when they get hurt. And you can stop them with poisoned food. They are very fast and can discover something a long time before a human can. I think this should all be found in guard dogs.
Victory Decision Vietnam here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=43264.0

Victory Decision Spacelords here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=68939.0

My pictures: http://pictures.dirknet.de/

Offline Big Martin Back

• Scientist
« Reply #170 on: November 22, 2015, 10:44:28 PM »
I had one of the guards as a dog handler in the first game I tried. He ended up patrolling around the factory perimeter away from the action for most of the game until he pretty much blundered into the secret agents on their way out. He did find time to release the dog before he was shot. In a bit of action verging on comic, 2 secret agent jacks fired several rounds at the dog and missed allowing the dog (which I rated at CQC of 3+) to bite a chunk out of the secret agent ace's  backside!
Tutenes, Atque Cujus Exercitus?

Offline S_P

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #171 on: November 27, 2015, 01:12:34 AM »
Will let you know how I get on with adding dogs in.

Has the FAQ list/file been updated yet btw?

Offline GuyB

• Bookworm
« Reply #172 on: November 28, 2015, 01:52:01 PM »
Has the FAQ list/file been updated yet btw?

Not yet, completing WS&S 82 currently! Expect a big FAQ come first or second week in December.

I like the dog ideas, please keep them coming!

Guy

Offline Hatemonger

• Librarian
« Reply #173 on: November 29, 2015, 06:52:28 PM »
Not yet, completing WS&S 82 currently! Expect a big FAQ come first or second week in December.

I like the dog ideas, please keep them coming!

Guy

Will the ebook versions be updated with errata? I know with WargamesVault, you can download newer versions if you've already purchased a product, but I don't know how Osprey handles their electronic purchases.

- H8

Offline Warren Abox

• Scientist
    • War In A Box - New Location!
« Reply #174 on: November 30, 2015, 08:14:08 PM »
Finally got a chance to break out the terrain and drive these rules around the table this past long weekend, and they are far more elegant than I realized on first reading.  The rules for activation, holding actions, and suppression fire are individually quite simple, but the way they interact on the table makes for a deep and rich tactical environment.  Our game ended in a one-sided victory as quantity exuded the quality all its own on my poor special forces troopers.  Great fun.

The big head scratcher for us revolved around the use of suppression fire.  My heavy was perched up on a rooftop with a clear fire lane down an alley.  She could see a trooper peeking around the corner, he had two mates behind him out of sight, and was presented with the choice between suppressing either at the figure or at a point on the ground an inch away from the figure.  She popped off a volley of CPMG fire resulting in three suppression markers near the entrance of the alley, which resulted in my opponent moving his squad around the other side of the building.  No real effect on the game, but a few things didn't sit right with us.

Why would you ever fire at a single figure to suppress when you can just fire an inch away from the figure and suppress anything moving through that area for the rest of the turn? 

Suppose a figure moves into an area affected by multiple suppression markers.  Does the first figure take the hit on one marker only, or do all of the markers affect the first figure to move through the area?

Offline Rich H

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #175 on: February 05, 2016, 09:02:25 AM »
Sorry for the thread necro but we've just tried Black Ops and have a couple of questions - is there somewhere better to ask them?

Has the FAQ surfaced yet?

Same question as above how does Area suppression work exactly?

I had 3 Insurgents in a building and the USMC lit up the outside wall.
They were all at the windows and within 3” of the suppression marker (as 6” of suppression is quite big!)
We assumed that if they pop up to fire they get hit by the suppression… but that undervalues individual suppression as the only difference other than the DED check to drive them away.

Also blinds – my guards were somewhat dopey and the USMC actually got into the compound and entered a building with one of my blinds in – we assume that they still have to roll to spot the blind?

Finally (for now) Stealth and the Ace – I assume that he has to be on table to be roused?  So I have to place him if I want to start rolling to activate him? 
I placed him early but I think this was a mistake as the USMC were pretty quiet until they kicked a door in and MG’d a room full of my guys at least…

Thanks
Rich

Offline karnacier

• Lurker
« Reply #176 on: April 21, 2016, 09:06:58 PM »
Any news for this products?

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #177 on: April 21, 2016, 09:23:15 PM »
It's available from most of the usual wargaming stockists and from places like Amazon and Wordery. Great set of rules.

Offline Rich H

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #178 on: April 21, 2016, 11:01:00 PM »
Still waiting for the FAQ :(

Offline shepard88

• Assistant
« Reply #179 on: May 07, 2016, 05:34:07 PM »
Bought rules recently. Waiting to play my first battle.
Rules seem to be clear but still there are some doubts. So waiting for FAQ/Errata too.

Greets