Forum > Fantasy Adventures

A Fantastic SAGA

(1/30) > >>

Barbarus:
Hello there!
My first comment here in this forum and one with content.  ;)

I would like to introduce you guys to a project some friends and I have been working on since early 2014.

It is called A Fantastic Saga and a Fantasy adaptation for the Saga ruleset. (Im sure everyone will know it)

Saga is one of my favorite games and one of the best I ever played. The mechanisms are simple yet awesome.

I introduced a lot of people to Saga over the last few years but because of the historical context it did not quite get them going...
So I decided to do something about that and started working on this project... I wanted to capture the spirit of the "good old days" and create rules that make it possible for people to use pretty much any fantasy miniature for their games...

And obviously I wanted an alternative to Warhammer... I wanted rules for my Chaos army, my dwarves and all the others that just kept getting dustier over the years.

There are four factions and the main ruleset in this first PDF-file. (Elves, Dwarves, Barbarians/Chaos, Undead)
More factions are soon to come and even some "supplement" with really fun stuff. (Monstrous mounts, general "Bestiary", maybe even campaign rules!)

Next factions will be Orcs, Dark Elves, Beastmen and Goblins...

The website is still being built but it already works... so, yeah, thats what counts.
(it will be on this website that you will find all future material as well)
I really hope people will enjoy this and spread the word!

http://www.a-fantastic-saga.com/

Have fun!  :)

greetings!
Barb

m4jumbo:
Looks interesting, will definitely give this a try.

Nord:
Well done for doing this, looks very good. I have all of these armies as it happens, so will give it a go.

Commander Roj:

--- Quote from: Barbarus on August 18, 2015, 09:56:09 PM ---Hello there!
My first comment here in this forum and one with content.  ;)

I would like to introduce you guys to a project some friends and I have been working on since early 2014.

It is called A Fantastic Saga and a Fantasy adaptation for the Saga ruleset. (Im sure everyone will know it)

Saga is one of my favorite games and one of the best I ever played. The mechanisms are simple yet awesome.

I introduced a lot of people to Saga over the last few years but because of the historical context it did not quite get them going...
So I decided to do something about that and started working on this project... I wanted to capture the spirit of the "good old days" and create rules that make it possible for people to use pretty much any fantasy miniature for their games...

And obviously I wanted an alternative to Warhammer... I wanted rules for my Chaos army, my dwarves and all the others that just kept getting dustier over the years.

There are four factions and the main ruleset in this first PDF-file. (Elves, Dwarves, Barbarians/Chaos, Undead)
More factions are soon to come and even some "supplement" with really fun stuff. (Monstrous mounts, general "Bestiary", maybe even campaign rules!)

Next factions will be Orcs, Dark Elves, Beastmen and Goblins...

The website is still being built but it already works... so, yeah, thats what counts.
(it will be on this website that you will find all future material as well)
I really hope people will enjoy this and spread the word!

http://www.a-fantastic-saga.com/

Have fun!  :)

greetings!
Barb

--- End quote ---

I haven't been able to download in Safari (but I will do so later on the PC) but Saga has always intrigued me, though I am not much interested in Dark Ages/Ancients. This is probably enough to get me to buy the rules. Thanks so much for doing this!

Bloggard:
d/loading now.

this looks fantastic, Barbarus, and just what I've been googling for of late...

thanks so much for sharing the project.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version