Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:54:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686663
  • Total Topics: 118120
  • Online Today: 815
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Official John Carter Miniatures line  (Read 22863 times)

Online swiftnick

• Mastermind
Re: Official John Carter Miniatures line
« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2016, 11:44:15 AM »
I got this mail a couple of weeks ago. Sorry noy sure how to copy the pics over.

Our long awaited John Carter of Mars game line is currently in playtesting (with a new round of testing shortly to begin including character creation). We're deliberately taking our time to get everything just right, from game design to the large landscape artworks that will decorate the core book.

In the meantime the Edgar Rice Burroughs Estate has kindly approved a raft of designs to unveil! Firstly the design above is our revised logo for John Carter of Mars. We reviewed a raft of different concepts and decided to rework the classic logo from the 80's that we started with as we feel this best captures the spirit of the stories.

We can now unveil the first of the beautiful miniatures sculpts which will be available from next summer. We are planning for these to be heroic scale 32mm, which allows some of the finer details to be slightly enlarged and easier to cast. They will be produced in resin and you can expect some gorgeous floor tiles of ship decks, dried up ruins and Helium palaces to host your adventures!

Here is John Carter mid leap against an adversary, there will be different poses of him to choose from:

Tars Tarkas is scaled to match John Carter - standing around 40mm tall and ready to aid his friends!

Dejah Thoris is also ready for action!

Here's the first of our antagonists, the fearsome White Ape that prowls the lost cities of Barsoom

Enjoy and we will update you soon with news of the John Carter of Mars game development. You can see larger versions of these images on our webpage.

Chris
www.modiphius.com/john-carter

Offline twrchtrwyth

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Don't join dangerous cults: practice safe sects.
    • Deeside Defenders
« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2016, 12:00:13 PM »
Not 28mm then.  :(
He that trades Liberty for Security will soon find that he has neither.

Benjamin Franklin

Offline Pijlie

• Mastermind
    • Pijlie's blog
« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2016, 04:28:41 PM »
I got this mail a couple of weeks ago. Sorry noy sure how to copy the pics over.

Our long awaited John Carter of Mars game line is currently in playtesting (with a new round of testing shortly to begin including character creation). We're deliberately taking our time to get everything just right, from game design to the large landscape artworks that will decorate the core book.

In the meantime the Edgar Rice Burroughs Estate has kindly approved a raft of designs to unveil! Firstly the design above is our revised logo for John Carter of Mars. We reviewed a raft of different concepts and decided to rework the classic logo from the 80's that we started with as we feel this best captures the spirit of the stories.

We can now unveil the first of the beautiful miniatures sculpts which will be available from next summer. We are planning for these to be heroic scale 32mm, which allows some of the finer details to be slightly enlarged and easier to cast. They will be produced in resin and you can expect some gorgeous floor tiles of ship decks, dried up ruins and Helium palaces to host your adventures!

Here is John Carter mid leap against an adversary, there will be different poses of him to choose from:

Tars Tarkas is scaled to match John Carter - standing around 40mm tall and ready to aid his friends!

Dejah Thoris is also ready for action!

Here's the first of our antagonists, the fearsome White Ape that prowls the lost cities of Barsoom

Enjoy and we will update you soon with news of the John Carter of Mars game development. You can see larger versions of these images on our webpage.

Chris
www.modiphius.com/john-carter

I assume you were wanting to show us pictures? There aren't any I'm afraid  :(
I wish I were a glowworm
'cause glowworms 're never glum
How can you be grumpy
When the sun shines out yer bum?

http://pijlieblog.blogspot.nl/

Online swiftnick

• Mastermind
« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2016, 04:42:32 PM »
As I said sorry not sure how to copy the pictures over  o_o

Offline Steve F

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Pedantic bugger, apparently.
« Reply #49 on: December 29, 2016, 06:25:31 PM »

There are photos at the link that swiftnick kindly posted.

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Everything is Better with Vampire Supermodels
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2016, 06:02:11 AM »

It's a good thing the pictures were not posted, because the "sculpts" are really bad IMHO - wrong anatomy and lack of knowledge on how to properly wield a sword, very lame!  lol

Tin Man and Bronze Age Miniatures all the way!  ;)
"Because life is made of inspiration, dreaming and insanity in about equal measure."
- Erzsébet Báthory - 1560-1614 (?)

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2016, 08:32:41 AM »
Looks like they ignored the call for 28mm  ::)

cheers

James
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Everything is Better with Vampire Supermodels
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2016, 11:50:16 AM »
Looks like they ignored the call for 28mm  ::)

cheers

James

Oh, yes, they are 32mm - in the wrong lane of the current market's road! A sure way to a crash!  lol

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2016, 01:45:01 PM »
Oh, yes, they are 32mm - in the wrong lane of the current market's road! A sure way to a crash!  lol

I wouldn't take this too serious. Let's wait for the models to appear and then compare them to existing lines. Bronze Age Miniatures are also 32mm and fit well with most heroic 28mm (which are in fact already 32-35mm).

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #54 on: January 02, 2017, 05:47:32 PM »
The renders at the link look okay at best, not as good as Bronze Age or Tin Man's existing ranges IMO.  Dejah Thoris doesn't look like the Barsoomian version of Helen of Troy, and the artist is overreaching his skill on the dynamic posing of both John Carter and the ape.  Tars isn't half bad, though.  Like the slender look a little more than BA's more muscular design.

Offline tnjrp

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The dog, the dog, he's at it again
« Reply #55 on: August 04, 2017, 05:45:15 AM »
It's been a bit quiet on this front for a year or more now I think, but there appears to be some related (miniatures) development from another source:
http://sodapopminiatures.com/pathfinder-worldscape

Scaled at 32mm there as well. Also according to comments on another site, crazy x-pensive zOMg!

Offline vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #56 on: August 06, 2017, 07:09:56 PM »
It's been a bit quiet on this front for a year or more now I think, but there appears to be some related (miniatures) development from another source:
http://sodapopminiatures.com/pathfinder-worldscape

Scaled at 32mm there as well. Also according to comments on another site, crazy x-pensive zOMg!

The three male characters are suitably heroic  but Red Sonja is a backward step to bimbo land. Well sculpted, sure, but looks  brainless rather than dangerous.
I am going to build a wargames army, a big beautiful wargames army, and Mexico is going to pay for it.

2019 Painting Challenge :
figures bought: 500+
figures painted: 57
9 vehicles painted
4 terrain pieces scratchbuilt

Offline Chairface

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #57 on: August 06, 2017, 11:12:50 PM »
Expensive, but nice!

Online swiftnick

• Mastermind
« Reply #58 on: August 08, 2017, 09:23:17 AM »
I got an Email from them a while ago. Apologies I forgot to post it.
Again when I cut and paste I seem to lose all the pictures.

I want to thank you for your patience as we've worked away at the John Carter of Mars project with the Edgar Rice Burroughs Estate. It's been a long labour of love from the whole team and we've wanted to complete as much of the book and miniatures as possible before the forthcoming Kickstarter.

Today I want to start sharing a taste of what's to come. The roleplaying game will be a gorgeous deluxe edition landscape book with stunning long artworks taking you across Barsoom whilst the miniatures will bring your favourite characters, villains and brave crews of their ships to life. Beyond that a boardgame will let you explore the adventures of John Carter and friends in new ways!

We're making a final push now before aiming to get the project live at the end of August but our goal is to be able to ship the book and miniatures soon after the project so this date will shift to ensure we're fully ready. Please bear with us, it's going to be worth your wait.

Now on to Barsoom, with a first taste of some of the layout from the books to give you an idea of what to expect.

The art is bringing to life our favourite desert world in new ways.

Meanwhile Woola will be appearing amongst the throng of miniatures on your tabletop...

John Carter & Dejah Thoris are often accompanied by brave crewman ready to sell their lives dearly for Helium.

These women are expert shots with their radium rifles.

Even the great Jeddak of Helium, Tardos Mors will be joining the action leading his trusted Helium soldiers, or perhaps crash-landed in a forgotten ruin...

Our John Carter of Mars miniatures each come with a scenic base and will be relatively easy to assemble. There will be several sets including Heroes of Helium, Villains of Zodanga, and more. We'll go in to more detail of what you can expect in the next update.

I hope you enjoyed our brief interlude, please share this with other fans of John Carter of Mars and ask them to sign up so we can share these updates with them here http://www.modiphius.com/john-carter.html 

Online swiftnick

• Mastermind
« Reply #59 on: August 08, 2017, 09:27:27 AM »
Trying to post pic?