Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:43:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689629
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Bladestorm Has Returned! Free Quick-Start Rules!  (Read 1350 times)

Offline BlackWidowPilot

• Scientist
  • "Mwahahahahaahaaaaaa!!!"
    • "It's Them! Blast 'Em!"
Bladestorm Has Returned! Free Quick-Start Rules!
« on: August 29, 2015, 09:59:14 PM »
Our Man in Germany Sebastian Klapdor has labored and brought forth a dragon! He's been diligently working away at revitalizing the classic Bladestorm! fantasy skirmish and mass battle system for some months now as a labor of love, and Sebastian's efforts have now begun to bear real fruit, starting with our free Quick-Start version of the new Bladestorm fantasy skirmish system, a Bladestorm Creature Calculator, and a Combatant and Unit Template to get you started, and best of all, these are all FREE through our new RPGNow online shop:  http://www.rpgnow.com/browse/pub/8834/Metal-Express

That's right. Free. :o

Sebastian has not been content to simply modernize and smooth out the few rough patches in the original Basic Rules. He has created a dedicated official Facebook Page for this classic fantasy skirmish and mass battle game system where you can go for updates and discussions on the rules and what is coming next:  https://www.facebook.com/BladestormTabletop

News and updates will also be posted regularly on our Metal Express Home Page for those of you that abhor social media, and of course we have our Metal Express Forum where Bladestorm is very much present as is Silent Death: The Next Millennium and related mischief such as painting figures to fill out your orc horde, how to make asteroids out of styrofoam chunks, and other really useful knowledge. 8)

And of course, a makeover of a classic rules system includes some excellent new cover art from the ever so talented Nicoleta Stavarache:

So don't just sit there like yer one of the undead! Go get your free stuff, break out your dice and favorite fantasy figures and get-a playin' Bladestorm! :D
Leland R. Erickson
Metal Express
www.silent-death.mx

\\\\\\\"Clouseau! Give me ten men like him, and I can destroy the whole world!\\\\\\\" -Inspector Charles Dreyfus

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Mastermind
    • ZeroTwentythree
Re: Bladestorm Has Returned! Free Quick-Start Rules!
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2015, 04:48:41 AM »
I played quite a bit of Silent Death long ago. I really liked the mechanics, but was never sold on it as a space combat game. But I used to say, "this would make a great fantasy skirmish." Then I discovered Bladestorm. Unfortunately I was never able to get anyone else to play it at the time. But I have been thinking about taking another look at it for the skirmish element for my current fantasy project. In particular, I recall thinking that it balanced out big critters well with smaller rank & file troops pretty well.  So I will definitely look into this -- thanks for sharing!

Offline BlackWidowPilot

• Scientist
  • "Mwahahahahaahaaaaaa!!!"
    • "It's Them! Blast 'Em!"
Re: Bladestorm Has Returned! Free Quick-Start Rules!
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2015, 05:37:04 AM »
I played quite a bit of Silent Death long ago. I really liked the mechanics, but was never sold on it as a space combat game. But I used to say, "this would make a great fantasy skirmish." Then I discovered Bladestorm. Unfortunately I was never able to get anyone else to play it at the time. But I have been thinking about taking another look at it for the skirmish element for my current fantasy project. In particular, I recall thinking that it balanced out big critters well with smaller rank & file troops pretty well.  So I will definitely look into this -- thanks for sharing!

My pleasure! Silent Death is strictly Hollywood-style space opera combat; ergo it is not everyone's cup of tea especially if you really, really, really just have to have 3D movement. :o

Bladestorm is actually the precursor to Silent Death 1st edition believe it or not. What the two share in common is our unique Metal Express Dice Engine. From that will be flowing Bladestorm 2.0, and other future products now in development including a sci-fi skirmish system and a sci-fi ground combat system for 15mm scale figures.

As for Bladestorm, we plan to bring it fully into the 21st century in terms of presentation and formatting as can be seen from our new Quick Start Rules. Sebastian will also be working on finishing the "unfinished symphony" as he calls the creature calculator and other things like the weapons inventory and such. If you visit our Metal Express Forum and the dedicated Bladestorm Facebook page you can keep tabs on his progress and get your questions answered straight from our resident Bladestorm! master. 8)