Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:34:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686589
  • Total Topics: 118109
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Frostgrave Victoriana!Black Powder Rules?  (Read 41508 times)

Offline LiamFrostfang

• Mad Scientist
Re: Frostgrave Victoriana! New, Dollar Store Temple/Mausoleum added!
« Reply #180 on: May 31, 2017, 12:40:26 AM »
 8) very cool idea !!!  looks really good in grey

Offline Governor General

• Scientist
Re: Frostgrave Victoriana! New, Dollar Store Temple/Mausoleum added!
« Reply #181 on: June 02, 2017, 05:52:11 PM »
Crossbowman & Soldier! My self imposed rule that there are no guns in Felsted ( not that I object in anyway those that allow them) has led to a number of conversions. This standard bearer of unknown make is just that. Standard bearers often are molded with empty hands and I always end up with more of them than I need. Frostgrave has helped several of them off of lead mountain and on to the table. His uniform is non specific I tend to go Ruritanean with the colour scheme. The soldier, all hirelings are soldiers according to the original rules, is also a standard bearer from Dixon's Alamo line. Seems appropriate considering the background of the photo. I haven't decided on this figs class of fighter yet. Thanks for the nice comments on the dollar store mausoleum Liam Frostfang, I like that the building was inexpensive, readily available and painted up so fast. The longest part was waiting for the black spray paint to dry  ;).  
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 05:58:18 PM by Governor General »

Offline Governor General

• Scientist
Re: Frostgrave Victoriana! New, Crossbow Man & Soldier added!
« Reply #182 on: June 04, 2017, 05:07:07 PM »
Women Soldiers! When I  painted up the arbalestrix I recalled I had a couple of armed Victorian female figs that would be perfect for Frostgrave. The 1st mini is Mina Harker from Ironclad's VSF line. It's a lovely sculpt and was a pleasure to paint. The 2nd miniature is from the late great Grenadier Miniatures, Lizzy Borden. The fig came in a blister pack with Jack the Ripper. This mini was produced towards the end of Grenadiers run, they were shifting from 25/28mm to 32. I bought and primed this mini back in the 90s, thanks to Frostgrave she's out of deepest Lead Mountain and on the table. I think this Lizzy Borden resembles Kate Mulgrew portraying Capt. Janeway from Star Trek Voyager. I was tempted to paint her in black & maroon.

Offline LiamFrostfang

• Mad Scientist
Re: Frostgrave Victoriana! New, Women Soldiers added!
« Reply #183 on: June 05, 2017, 01:11:07 AM »
 :o lizzy bordon...nice!!!

Offline Sunjester

• Mastermind
« Reply #184 on: June 05, 2017, 06:11:03 AM »
A couple of great figures.

Offline Governor General

• Scientist
« Reply #185 on: June 06, 2017, 01:36:43 PM »
Women's Warband! I've decided to make up a warband of women in Victorian attire. Thanks to LiamFrostfang and Sunjester for the positive comments.

Offline jp1885

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • "An enquiring mind is sufficient qualification"
    • My Frostgrave blog
Re: Frostgrave Victoriana! New, Women's Warband added!
« Reply #186 on: June 06, 2017, 07:07:58 PM »
Look out lads, here come the girls!
Great stuff. I particularly like the light green dress on the Mina Harker figure - great paintwork!

Offline horridperson

• Mad Scientist
  • Doing the Will of The Horned Cat
    • Void Spaces
« Reply #187 on: June 08, 2017, 03:42:56 PM »
Nice!  I really like the Ironclad Mina.  I recently saw the model up for sale and thought it was ugly.  Looks like it was the paintjob not the fig;  Yours looks sweet and I would like one.

Offline dadlamassu

• Mastermind
    • http://www.morvalearth.co.uk
« Reply #188 on: June 08, 2017, 05:19:13 PM »
Excellent!

We also have a female band: The International Society of Exploring Ladies.

Without their bold inquisitiveness, many parties of adventurers of the sterner sex, would not have gained the glory and prestige won by rescuing them from their ensuing dangerous predicaments!

They played a part in establishing Queen Ranavalona III in power in Madagascar They backed first Tzu His, Empress and effective ruler of China in the last quarter of the nineteenth century. But she spurned her supporters so TINSEL turned to Ch’iu Chin who led a province in revolt against the Empress.

However it was the European members who had the most success establishing an Empire under which the sun never set! Their leader being of course Queen Victoria, Empress of India!

In later years they became fragmented campaigning for the prohibition of alcohol, female suffrage and other crusades. They may have been involved in the establishment of the Regency of Zauditu, Empress of Abyssinia, Queen of Kings and Lioness of Judah in 1916.   

'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.'
-- Xenophon, The Anabasis

Offline Governor General

• Scientist
« Reply #189 on: June 09, 2017, 04:39:45 PM »
New Soldier for Women's Warband! A conversion of a fig from WestWind's classic Vampire Wars line. I wanted to build up the Women's Warband but finances being what they are right now I decided to see what I could find in Lead Mountain. Here she is! Turns out I already had this mini so it was perfect for this. I swapped her original hand for a broken MageKnight plastic figures. In the second picture you can see the one I already had painted. Thanks to Jp for his compliments on the Ironclad Mina Harker's paint job and to dadlamassu for the info on TINSEL. The illustrations of the women archers was an inspiration and if I can find another mini that fits that's where I'll be going.  

Offline Sunjester

• Mastermind
Re: Frostgrave Victoriana! New Soldier for Women's Warband added!
« Reply #190 on: June 09, 2017, 04:58:52 PM »
Inspiring female warband you have now. You have made me want to scavenge through my lead mine (who needs a mountain) to see what i can add to my Victorian collection.

Offline Governor General

• Scientist
Re: Frostgrave Victoriana! New Soldier for Women's Warband added!
« Reply #191 on: June 19, 2017, 07:32:59 PM »
Archeress! Found another fig I had 2 of and with minor conversion I've got a Victorian archeress. The mini is from WestWind's classic Vampire Wars line. I removed the lamp she was carrying and replaced with a bow made from a paper clip. The arrow resembles an oversized novelty pencil but I can live with it. The 3rd pic shows the two figures together. The one in the blue jacket I painted back in the aughts as the second Romana from Classic Dr. Who. I'll be posting an updated Women's War Band soon.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 07:36:25 PM by Governor General »

Offline Governor General

• Scientist
Re: Frostgrave Victoriana! New Archeress for Women's Warband added!
« Reply #192 on: June 20, 2017, 03:19:35 PM »
Women's Warband updated! In addition to the archeress I included a new apprentice and an alchemist. The apprentice is a WestWind figure from their Vampire Wars line. The stake in the minis hand makes a fine wand. I painted the alchemist last year for Frostgrave. The fig is a Napoleonic from a forgotten manufacturer. The second photo shows the fate of the previous apprentice. She was investigating a mysterious armoire in the ruins of a chronomancer's keep when, with a whooshing sound, it and her disappeared!

Offline Governor General

• Scientist
Re: Frostgrave Victoriana! New, Women's Warband updated!
« Reply #193 on: June 23, 2017, 08:08:33 PM »
Black powder weapons in Frostgrave? I've never included them despite the Victorian(ish) theme I've been working with. However if the game's designer has rules for this I've got plenty of figs ready to go.