Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:09:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690603
  • Total Topics: 118339
  • Online Today: 866
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Percal's Fantasy stuff  (Read 1749 times)

Offline Percal

• Bookworm
Percal's Fantasy stuff
« on: September 09, 2015, 12:01:16 PM »
Hello everyone! So, I've been awfully absent from the forum, at least in terms of posting, for quite a while. Really sorry for that, so to atone for my past sins, I present you my latest work, a Reaper Bones mini, from their Pathfinder line, I believe. I was a bit wary about the Reaper plastics for a while. Their site claimed that the detail was good, and that it was just the material being hard to take a picture of. It really was true, after all, the detail on those minis is quite good, though hard to see without priming. The only setback is that it is quite bendy, and I couldn't set some parts straight even with hot water. So, here is the mini for you to judge. Hope you like!

The sield came out pretty badly on the pic, looks better IRL. I blame my stupid smartphone (quite a contradiction there!), it's pretty darned impossible to take a good pic at a mini with it.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 11:41:39 AM by Percal »

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Re: Reaper bones Cavalier
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2015, 01:50:42 PM »
VERY NICELY DONE! The metal work in particular is OUTSTANDING.
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline Braxandur

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2015, 08:04:18 PM »
Looking pretty good!

Their site claimed that the detail was good, and that it was just the material being hard to take a picture of. It really was true, after all, the detail on those minis is quite good, though hard to see without priming. The only setback is that it is quite bendy, and I couldn't set some parts straight even with hot water. So, here is the mini for you to judge.

I agree on the above and also had problems with how bendy the material is. My hot-water treatement initially also didn't work. That is until I read (and tried) that the pieces have to soak in the hot water for quite a while. This is too make sure that the core of the material also becomes as soft as the outside. Cooling would not need so much time, but it is advise to take the time for that as well. The fix on my later models was as such better than on my eralier ones, which just reverted to the bended state.
Why aim for gold if you can get lead?

Offline Cherno

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2015, 08:24:16 PM »
A great model full of character and with excellent painting. The figure reminds me of Rackham's Cadwallon range, only less weird :)

skink

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2015, 08:53:39 PM »
I wouldn't have suspected this to be a Bones model. You really managed to get the details very crisp and clean.

Offline Psychoflexible

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2015, 09:37:30 PM »
Just wow  :o !

Offline Percal

• Bookworm
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2015, 09:57:12 PM »
Thanks all! I still have a lot of Reaper stuff on my lead pile, so if I manage to remain a bit constant (which may prove a challenge lol ) , I'll keep posting them in this thread.

@Braxandur I must have skipped that part, thanks for reminding! I still have a little bunch of their plastics on the workbench, I'll give them a proper hot bath!

Offline Percal

• Bookworm
Re: Percal's Fantasy stuff
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2015, 11:46:32 AM »
Here I am with some more stuff! Bad cellphone pictures, I'm afraid, but sadly it's the best I can manage as of now.

Another bones mini. I couldn't set the bloody dagger straight, not even with hot water. Still, the little chap looks pretty nice, even with the bad pic.

A metal one this time. Werner Klocke's minis are always very nice, but his faces are a bit hard to paint as they are almost always tilted and half is partly hidden with hair or hoods. At least all the ones I have from him.

And another plastic, I very much enyojed this one, although I had a bit of a hard time telling each layer of clothing apart, she ended looking quite nice.

That's all for today, friends. Stay tuned for the next episode!

Offline kaiser

• Scientist
Re: Percal's Fantasy stuff
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2015, 12:52:34 PM »
Very, very nice! I'm a big fan of the way you painted that druid in the last picture. Pretty bases too.