Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:19:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: A Newb to all things Pulp  (Read 8552 times)

Offline fred

• Galactic Brain
    • Miniature Gaming
Re: A Newb to all things Pulp
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2015, 08:03:56 PM »
I do like your take on the Servants of Ra characters - a bit different from the usual, which is great.

Offline Alxbates

• Mad Scientist
    • Forge of Ice on Faceboook!
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2015, 09:36:52 PM »
Nice work!

Offline Molotov98989

• Bookworm
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2015, 11:36:54 AM »
Well it sure has been a while! Rest assured I haven't forgotten about my Pulp Alley guys ;-) Just been a bit busy with real life things.

I do have an update coming out. So give me a bit of time to sort it out and then I'll replace this message with one full of pictures ;-D
My website for commissions; jhminiatures.com

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2015, 04:28:18 PM »
Very cool! I really like all your terrain bits. Well done!  ;)

Offline Arundel

• Mastermind
  • Galloping Outward Into the Weather!
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2015, 11:52:50 AM »
Everything is looking really good. You're off to a great start!

Offline Molotov98989

• Bookworm
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2015, 10:29:28 AM »
I figured it was about time I posted an update here. I don't want to kiss and tell after all ;-)

It's not much of an update, mostly just work in progress pictures of a battle board I started work on. The pattern and size is not of my own device. I was given this as it was going to be thrown out at my local art university :-p not bad for a freebie! I think it was meant to be the background to some design student's end of year work, but at 2' by 3' it's a decent size for small skirmishes ;-) Once it's finished of course.
(I also used a warhammer skaven model for scale, he's 28mm so you have an idea of what I have to play with here)

Offline pistolpete

• Mad Scientist
  • Rent money is for rent - telly savalas
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2015, 01:22:34 PM »
that's an excellent freebie!  could totally be used as an arroyo in mexico.

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2015, 02:59:40 PM »
Very cool!  :-*

Offline Jambo

• Assistant
    • Pulp Island
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2015, 07:26:30 PM »
Excellent score. Maybe I should start hanging around art school dumpsters. I'm looking forward to some battle reports on it.

Offline Molotov98989

• Bookworm
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2016, 10:08:00 PM »
Update!

It's been a while, and I am sorry about that guys ^^; life has a way of getting in the way of things, and I'm sure something or other will crop up again down the line :-p But until then, new models!

First things first, some cultists! From the Osprey publishing line for Frost Grave, I've found they are a pretty neat fit for my Pharaoh worshippers. And a variety of weapons breaks up the reliance on clubs and pistols in the group.

I have this west winds model that I'll paint as a travelling preacher for the heroes. Nothing fantastic, but should provide some nice variation to gun-toting mercs and cowboys ;-)

Now this is just the beginning, but I quite like the idea of having an adventure set in the jungles of the far east. I figure roaming Japanese patrols will shake things up considering the staple baddy will be the Nazis. Might even make for some interesting instances when a German expedition crosses paths with some imperial officers...

And finally, something I'll post in a second post, my newest terrain project. While the weather outside is too horrid to work on the game board, and really I can only do it outside because of it's size, I've this interesting thing to work on ;-)

Offline Molotov98989

• Bookworm
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2016, 10:23:37 PM »
So what is this new project? Well I'd always hoped to recreate a kind of bar-fight scene with these models I've been painting. A star wars Canteena, Indianna Jones, showdown in an opium den scene ;-) Well, it finally struck me last night in a burst of inspiration, that maybe all I needed was a shape and some walls to indicate boundaries, and I could put the rest of the terrain on the board to indicate that this is inside, and that is outside.

Like all great projects, it starts with a template...

I went with an Octagon shape, as I liked the idea of this being a large meeting area part of the building. Walls and such will all be separate to the base, if in the future I try and make corridors and other rooms, then this can be connected to them and altered as needed. I knew I wanted Ogival arches, to smack of middle eastern architecture and design. so once I figured out a simple enough way to draw them correctly, I made a template and moved onto using real materials.

So I've gone with foamcore. It's an easy enough material to work with, and provides a nice thickness. Can be flimsy, but I've balanced that with card plating and down the line, milliput stonework around the base of the columns.

And, if you are interested, some inspirational pictures that I found helped me while putting 2 and 2 together to make this thing ;-)

Offline pistolpete

• Mad Scientist
  • Rent money is for rent - telly savalas
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2016, 11:20:32 PM »
coming together nicely - can't wait to see the cultists all painted up.  who makes those japanese figures?

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2016, 02:14:01 AM »
Looking good!  ;)

Offline Molotov98989

• Bookworm
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2016, 07:30:44 AM »
Ah. I Should have said, the Japanese are from the Bolt action platic line :-)

Offline Traveler Man

• Mastermind
    • The Hetzenberg Chronicles
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2016, 08:42:29 PM »
Nice work!  :)
"It's amusing, it's amazing, and it's never twice the same: It's the salt of true adventure, and the glamour of the game."

Talbot Mundy, The Ivory Trail.

http://ajstable.blogspot.com
http://hetzenberg.blogspot.com