Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:47:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690815
  • Total Topics: 118353
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Imperial Assault Box set  (Read 3494 times)

Offline flags_of_war

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Flags of War
Imperial Assault Box set
« on: September 15, 2015, 10:48:40 AM »
Does anyone know if the Imperial Assault Box set comes with Vader and Skywalker? The FFG website isn't very good at telling you these things  o_o

Offline Major_Gilbear

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • God-Emperor of Dune
Re: Imperial Assault Box set
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2015, 11:03:09 AM »
Yes it does. It's confirmed here on FFG's website too (you might have to click the "read more" button and scroll down to "Ally and Villain Packs" to see it).

They are packaged separately within the main box and are supposed to be "bonus content" that's not part of the standard game even though they are included in every box as standard.

The cynic in me sees this as a sly marketing ploy to (1) have customers think they're getting something extra/free when they're not really, and (2) introduce them to the idea and "feel" of buying add-on packs to the main game.  ::)

They are nice models though! :)

Offline flags_of_war

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Flags of War
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2015, 11:47:14 AM »
Yes it does. It's confirmed here on FFG's website too (you might have to click the "read more" button and scroll down to "Ally and Villain Packs" to see it).

They are packaged separately within the main box and are supposed to be "bonus content" that's not part of the standard game even though they are included in every box as standard.

The cynic in me sees this as a sly marketing ploy to (1) have customers think they're getting something extra/free when they're not really, and (2) introduce them to the idea and "feel" of buying add-on packs to the main game.  ::)

They are nice models though! :)

Cheers buddy. I never seen that drop down arrow...d'oh. They are great models for the money. I just wish they had more poses for the stormtroopers etc. I only really want them for painting so i think ill get the game.

I think you are right about the sales tactic.

Offline Momotaro

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2015, 01:54:10 PM »
There's a second pose in the upcoming Stormtrooper booster pack (x3 figures), and a heavy blaster pose in the Twin Shadows expansion (x4).  Bit expensive if you don't plan to get into the game though.

Offline Michka

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2015, 02:00:41 PM »
And don't forget the Stormtrooper commander in the recent expansion.

Offline Momotaro

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2015, 02:49:51 PM »
And don't forget the Stormtrooper commander in the recent expansion.

One... Two... Three... Four!  Four stormtrooper poses! Ahahahahahaha!!

Offline flags_of_war

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Flags of War
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2015, 03:18:03 PM »
Is the game any good? Ill admit that im not hugely drawn to the board game feel to the game. If they had a more figures for wargaming purpose then id be all over it.

Offline Major_Gilbear

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • God-Emperor of Dune
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2015, 06:21:06 PM »
The game is fine, but has a ton of tokens and cards to organise. You will also need to play with four heroes, as that's what the game is balanced for (and it shows if you play with more / fewer). I liked it well enough anyway, but I'm used to FFG's products.

The game has a "skirmish mode" too, which is okay - but you will really need to buy more models if you want to play the Rebels. :P

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2015, 04:42:28 PM »
I like it a lot.
It is similar to the SW RPG from FFG.
Very nice opposed dice roll combat and skill resolution, alternate activation, reserves etc.
All well done.

The table is however cluttered with counters, markers, cards etc. A real pain to prepare and organize!
We play it with 3 players, 2 Rebel player with two heroes each and me as the Empire player.
WORKS!
cheers and keep on gaming, Agis - https://www.adpublishing.de

Offline flags_of_war

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Flags of War
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2015, 08:20:47 PM »
Thanks Agis. Your project is what inspires me to get into it. I love what you done with the Dreamforge Stromtroopers and i plan to do similar. The amount of counters etc does put me off a little and think id use them for other rules but would certainly give them a try.

Have you thought of proxies for Rebel troops? Ive been hunting for ideas all day on the net lol.

Offline Major_Gilbear

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • God-Emperor of Dune
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2015, 01:23:05 AM »
You can get cheapy pre-paints that are about the right size on ebay - examples. If you buy one or two, they are a bit pricey, but if you buy a pile from the same seller they are cheap enough.

As for the counters and cards in the game... Yes, there are loads. However, most games only require a selection from the box, and the rest that aren't used don't have to be set out on the table. I'd recommend one of those little compartmentalised hobby boxes for the tokens (they are cheap) and a couble of Deck Vaults for the cards. This makes keeping everything tidy pretty easy.

Offline Michka

• Mastermind
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2015, 07:02:58 AM »
Thanks Agis. Your project is what inspires me to get into it. I love what you done with the Dreamforge Stromtroopers and i plan to do similar. The amount of counters etc does put me off a little and think id use them for other rules but would certainly give them a try.

Have you thought of proxies for Rebel troops? Ive been hunting for ideas all day on the net lol.

I wonder if using the plastic WWII historical figures would work for Rebels. A bit of green stuff for jackets and coats. Add some scopes and shorten the barrels of the rifles to make them more sci-fi. Change the helmets up just enough to look different. Then paint them in colors not usually seen in World War 2. Might be worth a try.

Offline flags_of_war

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Flags of War
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2015, 08:10:26 AM »
I do have a whole arny of unpainted Panzergrenadiers and they do have the smocks lol

Offline flags_of_war

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Flags of War
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2015, 09:18:39 AM »
Convert some Stg.44's to these :)

Offline flags_of_war

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Flags of War
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2015, 09:34:30 AM »
I considered some of the Infinity figures for Alliance troops but then the price made me reconsider lol