Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:04:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686636
  • Total Topics: 118117
  • Online Today: 777
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: (topic name changed) Catterick Garrison Wargames Club [UK]  (Read 3707 times)

Offline RoyWilliamson

• Scientist
(topic name changed) Catterick Garrison Wargames Club [UK]
« on: September 21, 2015, 05:03:05 PM »
According to a PM I have to make at least one post on the forum, otherwise, if I haven't, my account will be deleted after four weeks. So I'm making a post.

Some of you might already recognise my username from the other forums, and blogging events, I'm active on.

I've now also become a member here as well.

That's all for now.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 01:52:50 PM by RoyWilliamson »

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
Re: First Post - And Greetings
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2015, 05:39:58 PM »
Welcome aboard, sir.
I look forward to seeing what you are up to.
 :)

Offline RoyWilliamson

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2015, 08:33:53 AM »
Thank you Mason

Got to admit to being so busy at the moment that I'm not getting the time to paint (or play) though  :'(

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2015, 08:34:32 AM »
Welcome Roy.

Offline RoyWilliamson

• Scientist
Re: (topic name changed) Catterick Garrison Wargames Club [UK]
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2015, 01:55:26 PM »
[North Yorkshire. United Kingdom. Club premises are civilian accessible.]

Not sure where to post this, to be honest, as I'm still rather a novice to this forum.

[I'm not a member of this club, though I have popped along a couple of times and they seem a friendly bunch. Hoping to join in with them semi-regularly next year]

Catterick Garrison Wargames Club

Wargaming club held every saturday from 11am to 4pm at the Army Welfare Service in the Activities Room. Address is Smuts Road, Catterick Garrison, DL9 3AX.

Games we play
Warhammer
Warhammer 40k
Warmachine and Hordes
Dystopian Wars (and Legions)
Firestorm Armada
Infinity
Malifaux
Flames of War (mainly mid and late war)
Bolt Action
Dropzone Commander
Variety of Board Games (for occasional play)

If you play a game chances are we have a member that does as well or someone willing to learn it.

Catterick Garrison Wargames Club Facebook (stupid things says you have to log-in to view! I hate Facebook!!)

Anyway, if you're in the area and interested in playing (there's also a couple of other players I know local to Catterick Garrison who I can put people in touch with) then here's some info about me

Games which I play       (well, I have the stuff for - all still WIP - but could be played with if needed):
Dead Man's Hand (28mm)        I have a town and three gangs
Roman Gladiators (28mm)        I have a load of figures, a warbases hex arena and a couple of rules books
In Her Majesty's Name (28mm)  I have Prussian and British Companies
7ombieTV (10mm)                  I have the figures - terrain is the issue
Frostgrave (28mm)                  I have a Warband and am making up a load of ruined buildings
Warband (10mm)                    I have the rules and a load of Mongols that I can use  
Or
Lion Rampant (10mm)             I have the rules, and any Mongols not used for Warband can be used  ;)
Three Musketeers                     I have rules, a board and figures - the rules used are these  http://eurekamin.com.au/andoneforall.php
ACW Naval (1/600)                  I have boats and terrain for Hammerin' Iron (Peter Pig rules) and Smoke on the Water rules
Victory at Sea [WW2] (1/3000)  I have German and British - though no blue cloth ;D
Relics (30mm)                         I've gone and bought into this game (the Ridend) as another player at the Catterick Club has stuff for it

If any local gamers are interested in Blitzkrieg Commander (when Pendraken re-release it) then I would be interested to know. I would be willing to collect stuff to complement another gamers forces, if needed. Period or geographic Theatre not being any issue to me.  

Offline Sterling Moose

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2015, 03:41:19 PM »
Welcome Roy.

Are you familiar with the AWA (Army Wargames Association)?

Pete
'I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.'

Offline Blofeld

• Scientist
    • Frontline armchair
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2015, 04:05:33 PM »
Welcome Roy, I had no idea about Catterick wargames club  may have to look into it as I'm not far away. Thanks for sharing
Blofeld

Offline RoyWilliamson

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2015, 10:00:12 AM »
Hello Sterling Moose (I've sent a private message reply), and hello Blofeld.

The Catterick Garrison club (I say garrison, as I believe Catterick Village also has a club) was formerly known as The Shire, and they've been in existence since the Richmond club dissolved in the mid-2000s. I was formerly a member of the Richmond, and the Colburn, gaming clubs, but as I don't really play GW games I lost contact with them about ten years ago. Its only since I began helping out with Colonel Bills (located between Catterick and Darlington) that I've been making contact with the local clubs and groups, with a view to getting in some games.

The Catterick Garrison club does meet every Saturday, and there is a strong core group of gamers playing every weekend. The Facebook group will tell you more.

Offline RoyWilliamson

• Scientist
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2016, 09:38:44 AM »
Hello all, just updating this with some relevant information that may be of use to others.

Last Friday night saw the first meet of a new gaming group here on on Catterick Garrison. We met up at Tunstall Village Hall, for those interested, and plan on coming together every other Friday night 7pm - 10pm until we get enough members / games to warrant more frequent game nights.

On the night we had a 6 player game of 6mm War of the Roses, using Hail Caesar rules, and next time I believe there to be a 1/600 ACW Naval game and a 15mm Flames of War game being played - possibly a 6mm Hail Caesar Greek vs. Persians, too.

Onsite parking. Toilets. Good lighting and plenty of space. Kitchen.
No club terrain or gaming mats/boards at present, so members are providing bits for their own games.
Anyone popping along will be found a game to join in with, where possible.
Any wargame, tabletop game, boardgame is welcome. As far as I know everyone present on the first night are Historical gamers, but a couple of us also play Fantasy/Sci-Fi as well.

There is further info on my blog post, here - although it does include links to two other member's blogs with further info (apologies, we are still getting it all sorted at present. there is also a private Facebook group for this club).

http://nevermindthejankers.blogspot.co.uk/

Cheers, Roy