Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:45:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686665
  • Total Topics: 118120
  • Online Today: 817
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Another Frostgrave Campaign House Rules  (Read 4131 times)

Offline Dalcor

• Librarian
    • Wargaming ASP Club
Another Frostgrave Campaign House Rules
« on: September 21, 2015, 05:44:17 PM »
Well, currently I am trying to set up a long way campaign for my friends, where I will supplement the role of Narrator and where I will play, rather then script the villains.

I will elaborate later on, where there will be bigger set up, currently I am in the process of creating the house rules. I definetely like some of the Bad Karma ones, but I přefer to add more narrative story arc for thinks like vendor instead of gamistic solution. But the Out of Game sequence is cool.

So I will open some house rules I plan to include in my games to discuss here and may be I will include them in the campaign. Sometime the feeling of one person needs some clarification from the crowd.

I reserve this post for the Campaign Log.

Offline Dalcor

• Librarian
    • Wargaming ASP Club
Re: Another Frostgrave Campaign House Rules
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2015, 05:52:11 PM »
House Rule 1 Sergeant
Please note that this is just idea, not the exact wording of the rule
This rule is based upon several games I played without apprentice. You are hugely missing not only the spell and therefore experience, but the activation as well. As playing without apprentice is still and option for some players I thought about solutuon.

So consider this:
If the player decide to play without Apprentice, or his apprentice is not suitable for the game (mostly Badly Wounded) one member of the warband with cost 80 (or 50) or higher could be promoted to the rank of sergeant. Sergeant could be activated in Apprentice phase of the player instead of apprentice and as officer of the group, up to two soldiers could be activated as well, if they are valid for group activation. Both sergeant and soldiers comply with Group Activation rules.

Variant rule (could be done together, or each remotely)
a) sergeant will recieve +1 (or +2) to will save
b) sergeant will recieve 25xp for each game he serves as CO for the warband soldiers. Every 100XP he recieves 1 point and level up, he can spent as Wizards /except the spell of course.../

Waiting for your comments.

Offline Darkson71

• Mad Scientist
  • Rolling 1s so you don't have to since '95
    • Home of the ARBBL
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2015, 06:45:16 PM »
Nice idea.

I'd say that the Sergeant gets his activation after the Apprentice phase, but before the soldier phase, as I feel that part of the cost of the apprentice is for the ability to move soldiers.

I'm anti soldiers getting exp though, as I like that this game is all about 1 (or 2) people.
Home of the ARBBL
"I survived the 525"

Offline Dalcor

• Librarian
    • Wargaming ASP Club
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2015, 07:43:07 PM »
Well, thanks for comment
* the rule for level up is valid only if you choose that you dont want to use apprentice for the campaign (and some people dont want to have apprentice. In that case the power level of your group is seriously unbalanced against apprentice users and we have to rebalance it back...sort of. (but most players want to use apprentice, so this is only what lf scenario. Morelikely if you play two three games without apprentice against master/padawan team you will find out that you realy need padawan as well. You know Rule of two...

* actualy if you do not have apprentice there is no need for additional "sergeant" phase. So its better (and simplier for grasping) that sergeant is activated instead of apprentice as per initiative. if we choose another activation sequence there will be adventage for sergeant phase as it will be always in reaction in oponents apprentice phase. And thats tactical adventage. Actualy lets only switch word Apprentice for Sergeant in the rules, if you do not have apprentice for the game...

Offline Dakota Mike

• Assistant
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2015, 03:31:24 AM »
House Rule 1 Sergeant
Please note that this is just idea, not the exact wording of the rule
This rule is based upon several games I played without apprentice. You are hugely missing not only the spell and therefore experience, but the activation as well. As playing without apprentice is still and option for some players I thought about solutuon.

So consider this:
If the player decide to play without Apprentice, or his apprentice is not suitable for the game (mostly Badly Wounded) one member of the warband with cost 80 (or 50) or higher could be promoted to the rank of sergeant. Sergeant could be activated in Apprentice phase of the player instead of apprentice and as officer of the group, up to two soldiers could be activated as well, if they are valid for group activation. Both sergeant and soldiers comply with Group Activation rules.

Variant rule (could be done together, or each remotely)
a) sergeant will recieve +1 (or +2) to will save
b) sergeant will recieve 25xp for each game he serves as CO for the warband soldiers. Every 100XP he recieves 1 point and level up, he can spent as Wizards /except the spell of course.../

Waiting for your comments.

I like this.  :)