Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:36:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690786
  • Total Topics: 118349
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: C.O.R.D. : Canadian Occult Response Department  (Read 21303 times)

Offline Litebrite

• Scientist
Re: C.O.R.D. : Canadian Occult Response Department
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2015, 04:14:41 AM »
Wish I could still paint like that. Very nice.

Lem

Offline Tsu

• Assistant
  • Cultist of the Ape
    • Strange Aeons G+ Community
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2015, 11:11:01 AM »
Very nice work, these Canadian Cultist sure know how to dress :)

Offline horridperson

• Mad Scientist
  • Doing the Will of The Horned Cat
    • Void Spaces
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2015, 05:52:06 AM »
Thanks for the kind comments.  I hope to have some period cars up soon and maybe a bit of background on the nefarious (probably odious too :) ) Valentine Black.

Offline horridperson

• Mad Scientist
    • Void Spaces
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2015, 11:31:57 AM »
I posted a villain profile for Valentine Black on http://horridvoidspace.blogspot.ca/2015/10/strange-aeons-cult-leader-valentine.html .  It's more of a design document than a fictional report.  His history is detailed broadly and some of my reasons for putting him together as he is are there too.  Hopefully by Part 2 I can come up with something more cohesive :) .

Offline Litebrite

• Scientist
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2015, 12:54:36 PM »
A very interesting/intriguing backstory for VB. Well done.

Lem  :)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 04:22:10 PM by Litebrite »

Offline Reviler

• Student
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2015, 01:59:20 PM »
That is a great background you have there for your villian. Very realistic and plausible for sure! Keep up the great work you are doing.

Offline Redmao

• Scientist
  • Canadian Agent
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2015, 07:49:44 PM »
Great story.
Looking forward for more.

Offline horridperson

• Mad Scientist
    • Void Spaces
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2015, 01:39:01 AM »
I completed my first C.O.R.D. agent.  It isn't who I was hoping it would be but that and the agen'ts history can be found on the blog; http://horridvoidspace.blogspot.ca/2015/10/strange-aeons-captain-reid.html

Here are some quick pics of Captain Avery Reid.

Offline Litebrite

• Scientist
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2015, 03:23:24 AM »
Another good back story. A seasoned vet. for the forces of C.O.R.D. Nice paint job too.

Lem  :)

Offline Uncle Mike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Strange Aeons
« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2015, 04:41:10 PM »
Great stuff! Love that figure.  8)

Offline cutp

• Scientist
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2015, 05:45:35 AM »
post the golden triangle boys here and more :)

Offline horridperson

• Mad Scientist
    • Void Spaces
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2015, 07:44:16 AM »
Here they are.  I'll admit to rushing them a bit.  I'm at my best when I paint a single model at a time; Why larger scale war gaming never agreed with me :) .  The cultists are characterful models with their robes and ugly mugs I imagine one pipiing up to the others,

"Awright boys, Mistah Black sez if we waste dem nosey Investergators he'll fix up up wif a $10 bonus fer hooch and broadz, see!"

Maybe not.  As yet they don't really have an identity as a cult.  I have been throwing around potential loyalties for them.  Are they;

1) Dupes.  Mugs and rubes Black has gathered in his travels who don't have occult affiliations but trade their muscle for money.
2) Anarchists or commuinists.  Black misleads them and sells them stories of how his machinations will bring down the bourgeois and forment revoloution.
3) Wanna be klansman or some other bigots motivated to serve Black by his honeyed promises
4) Legitimate cultists invested in Black's schemes believing they will gain great power serving the elder gods or seeking a nihilistic end like their master.

Once I group painted the cultists I revisited Black himself.  The head dress was a neat idea but was poorly executed as well as conflicting with other colours on the model.  I reverted to black to match him better with his minions and preferred how it contrasted with his pallid face and made it jump out.

I may touch up all of these models at a later date.  Painting the pouches and stuff black leather was lazy and I should have done a better job.  Black is a terrible thing to paint when you are feeling lazy because painting it properly requires some thought and clever treatment.  The blue grey highlight was pure half-assed lazy drybrushing.

As I said the models were neat with a great pulpy vibe.  They had some vicious "flash" and mold lines that ran across textures that made them hard to remove cleanly.  I did a better job with the leader but I wasn't painting or modelling five of him.  The eyes were very difficult to get at and though the cultists with pistols and shotgun had very nice "character actor" faces the man with the knife wasn't in their league.  The eyes under the hoods were very difficult to get at and I was disappointed with what i achieved.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2015, 08:49:08 PM »
They look brilliant, sir.
Very nice brushwork.
 :-* :-*

I really cannot see where there are any issues, they look just fine to me.
 8)

Offline horridperson

• Mad Scientist
    • Void Spaces
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2016, 08:07:02 PM »
It's been a while but I approached this with some trepidation.  I think the female investigator with the shotgun is probably my favorite Strange Aeons model.  I loved the pose but wanted something a little different for an outfit; Maybe I was channeling my inner fashionista  ;D.  I don't know what that means my nieces used it all the time a couple months back.

I ended up carving away some of the existing details on the model and adding on some others with green stuff.  I did this after goggling, "20's women's clothing" and deciding what I liked best.  Some of the GS work I did could probably use some clean up but overall I'm happy with the adjustments.  I think a coat of paint will flatter the fig and bring the elements back together but I am tempted to roll up a bit more and do some touchups/cleanups.  If I'd used more GS the first time around the weak pleats I added to the dress would have looked better and more pronounced.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2016, 11:24:57 PM »
Nice conversion and putty pushing, she looks really 'in-period'.
Miss Fisher would be proud.
 8) 8)