Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 03:04:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: C.O.R.D. : Canadian Occult Response Department  (Read 21293 times)

Offline horridperson

• Mad Scientist
  • Doing the Will of The Horned Cat
    • Void Spaces
Re: C.O.R.D. : Canadian Occult Response Department
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2016, 07:32:06 PM »
Thanks Mason.  I was planning to paint a print I saw on one of the  googlrd dresses and only realized I'd made the job harder after adding the pleats;  Maybe that's why it was sculpted as it was :) .  I just finished priming a group of agents and a couple lurkers so there will be more to follow in a few days.

Offline Big Frank

• Scientist
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2016, 09:43:23 PM »
Very nice, looking forward to seeing more.

Offline Litebrite

• Scientist
« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2016, 03:00:20 AM »
The remodeling looks really good. I'm sure it will look great once painted up as well.

Lembit

Offline horridperson

• Mad Scientist
    • Void Spaces
« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2016, 07:49:56 AM »
Hurray!  I did get some models painted :) .  Quite a while back I said I had some diecast cars on the way.  At lasr here is proof of one.  It's a Solido Mercedes.  Because she is such a jetsetter (A propsetter in this era I suppose) Adelaide Radford got to pose in front of it.  Addy is British agent Radford's daughter and a proper badass like her dear old dad was.  The model is an Evelyn the Explorer from Bombshell Miniatures.  I thought this model was really cool and had less than a week turnaround from it arrivng to a full paint (this process can go anywhere from months to decades depending :) ).  The mummy is an Otherworld model.  I really enjoy their sculpts and thought I could use it for Frostgrave, Strange Aeons or some other Pulp game if I decide to start playing one of those (I want to try Pulp Alley).  To actually do something with my blog I'll save sharing a full bio so there is actually a purpose to putting something up over there.  I like the print I used as a backdrop.  It speaks of daredevils and adventure like one of the Indiana Jones maps and should make viewers think the models are better painted than they are :) .

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2016, 08:15:41 AM »
Nice work, especially the face which is very smoothly done.
 :-* :-*

Nice weathering on the Merc too.
 8)

Offline gary42

• Mastermind
« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2016, 04:15:37 PM »
Looks great!  Love the mud on the tires.  Both perfect for Pulp Alley!
"They seek him here, they seek him... There he is!"

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2016, 04:50:07 PM »
Fantastic! Definitely good for Pulp Alley.  ;)

Offline Dolmot

• Mastermind
« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2016, 07:26:27 PM »
Hurray!  I did get some models painted :) .  Quite a while back I said I had some diecast cars on the way.  At lasr here is proof of one.  It's a Solido Mercedes.

Wouldn't a Solido 1929 Cord be more appropriate for this team? :)

(I found two at a local model show. Lucky.)

Offline horridperson

• Mad Scientist
    • Void Spaces
« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2016, 10:02:19 PM »
That's actually a real neat looking vehicle featuring some really cool innovations.  Not being an automobile enthusiast I don't have much knowledge of their history or specifics.  I'd certainly like to grab one if I could find one for a fair price.

If I were a purist I'd have to veto it and any of the vehicles I have been able to acquire so far.  The story is supposed to start in 1922 and the oldest period car I have is a 1925 Panhard  :-[.

Luckily I see them as old cars and don't notice that sort of thing.  I further identify the Mercedes as a fast old car.  Nice finds at the show!  I have a small group of cars collected that are passable for the setting but I need to find some trucks.

I weathered the tires after reading about the state of Canadian roadways in the 1920's.  No wonder people liked travel by train.

Offline horridperson

• Mad Scientist
    • Void Spaces
« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2016, 08:23:55 PM »
I completed a pair of Mi-Go to add to my Lurker population.  I go into in more detail on my blog; http://horridvoidspace.blogspot.ca/ but here they are.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 01:31:23 AM by horridperson »

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #55 on: May 26, 2016, 10:16:51 PM »
I like them.
Nice colour choices.
 :-*

Offline horridperson

• Mad Scientist
    • Void Spaces
« Reply #56 on: June 01, 2016, 12:54:09 AM »
The Dominion of Canada is assailed from all sides by the insidious legions of the occult!  Intrepid investigators are needed to combat this threat in service to the King; Long may he reign.  Those gentlemen and ladies with past experience in the field of paranormal events or a sense of derring-do are sought.  Join C.O.R.D. today!  Together we are stronger!

If only the secret nature of Strange Aeons weren't so and the Department could have purchased an advert in the news.  Since they can't our poor heroes are certainly on the brink of becoming overwhelmed as the lurkers are joined by a shoggoth!  The model is a Reaper Bones shoggoth.  I thought the model was a cool sculpt and the price was so cheap I wasn't sure I was buying miniatures :) .

Offline Uncle Mike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Strange Aeons
« Reply #57 on: June 01, 2016, 01:32:28 AM »
That looks great! So do those Mi-Go! I have a couple but am never sure how to paint them...

Offline horridperson

• Mad Scientist
    • Void Spaces
« Reply #58 on: June 01, 2016, 07:50:18 AM »
I had the same problem;  I've had the shoggoth for almost a year and never decided how I'd paint it.  I'd started with a very purple scheme for the pseudopods like I had with a formless horror I'd done earlier then when I came back to it I changed in fleshy highlight instead.  From the horror I stuck with the black eyes;  I find them more disturbing than the realistic, more human eyes.  I have a flying polyp on the go but I'm going to have to change over soon.  My investigators are besieged.

Offline gary42

• Mastermind
« Reply #59 on: June 01, 2016, 03:51:24 PM »
Nice!  I have orange tones on my Mi-go as well!