Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:18:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: My first zombies game  (Read 1931 times)

Offline tsar1701

• LPL Silver Medalist (S3), Bronze Medalist (S8)
  • Scientist
    • tsar's universe (in french)
My first zombies game
« on: November 12, 2008, 09:47:13 AM »
Hi !
here some photo of the first zombie game I played with Walktapus.

more photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/31234168@N03/sets/72157608929986218/
N.V.C. (Never Victorious Chris)

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
Re: My first zombies game
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 01:48:27 PM »
Excellent looking game, any chance of a battle report to take us through what happened? What rules were you using?
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline walktapus

• Librarian
    • Ze Psilete
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 09:08:39 PM »
Hi !

Back to this excellent forum.

We were playing All Things Zombie. There were four players : the Tsar, Laurent, Fred and I, all with an independent group composed of a Rep 5 leader and two randomly generated grunts (I ended up with a drunkard and a guy who could not run without falling).

The goal was to get to the garbage lorry in the center of the table to get some supplies. There were three supplies and four players, so no possible alliance. We each started in a corner and had to return to the corner with the supplies to exit the table. We played on a rather small table (3"x4") but it went really well.

At the beginning we started killing the zombies and did not shoot to each other. The zombies numbers remained stable and we could manage to advance to the lorry. Laurent arrived first and opened the lorry, to be attacked by a gang of zombies that were lurking inside. He was struggling to survive when Tsar treacherously attacked him.

The numbers of attracted zombies then started to increase. A huge horde was coming to the fight scene. Tsar ran and escaped the zombie crowd with two supplies, letting Laurent manage the situation alone. (Laurent managed to escape with one of his characters carrying his wounded (by a bullet) leader).

One of Tsar's characters was eaten by a lone nun (don't remember the precise circumstances). The other character was shot down by Fred just as he was nearing the exit point. Fred's leader was carrying a LMG and had managed to slip behind the buildings unnoticed from the zombies and had ambushed himself. He picked up the supply.

And me ? I started in the cemetary and was stuck here for a long time. My drunkard was too stunned to move and was finally eaten alive. The other two escaped and my unable-to-run was overwhelmed by zombies while crossing the wall. My leader escaped but arrived too late to take part in the action. The lorry was crowding with zombies. I preferred to just escape, unnoticed.

An excellent game !
Denis

Offline knitemare

• Assistant
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2008, 09:43:16 PM »
I like those cars you have there.  Where are they from?

Offline walktapus

• Librarian
    • Ze Psilete
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2008, 10:07:16 PM »
I like those cars you have there.  Where are they from?

Toys R Us, Fast Lane. Cheap cars but a bit overscaled.

Offline itchy

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2008, 10:22:00 PM »
i picked a few of the fastlane sets up 3 cars for 4.99 and the scales not too bad .