Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:36:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686516
  • Total Topics: 118107
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Otherworld Manual of Monsters  (Read 8617 times)

Offline Arundel

• Mastermind
  • Galloping Outward Into the Weather!
Re: Otherworld Manual of Monsters
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2019, 02:11:04 PM »
Not sure, but maybe the game flopped and they're unwilling to throw good money after bad? A real shame, as the whole effort looked pretty impressive.

Offline Darksider

• Bookworm
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2019, 06:16:02 PM »
I also have the hardcopy of the rules at home and as I heard of the manual of monsters, I was really excited. I think it would be cool for the game, if it had more monsters and a campaign mode.

If they are unwilling to print the manual of monster, they maybe should give us the formula with wich they created the monsters in the rulebook, so we can create our own monsters.
They say we come from nothing and to nothing we will return, but in between is gravity and bridges left to burn.

They worshipped, so they said, the Great Old Ones who lived ages before there were any men, and who came to the young world out of the sky.

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2019, 03:34:29 PM »
no reply so far to an email enquiry, put in last sat., about the status of the game...  :'(

Offline Darksider

• Bookworm
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2019, 03:29:05 PM »
Not that it will matter, but did you ever got an response from the otherworld guys?

Anyone who made his own monsters and would like to share them?

Offline Splod

• Mad Scientist
  • Flittering from one project to another
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2019, 01:16:49 AM »
I was so excited for this release way back when, but was deterred by the final asking price.

I've wound up using One Page Rules for my dungeon crawl games. I figured if I wanted a ruleset as in depth as OW's I may as well just use AD&D rules on table.

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2019, 01:32:46 PM »
Not that it will matter, but did you ever got an response from the otherworld guys?

Anyone who made his own monsters and would like to share them?

sorry - haven't seen your post 'till now (I assume it was referring to mine above) - no, not a word from them, which I have to say I think is very poor. Indeed.

Offline Darksider

• Bookworm
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2019, 08:31:47 PM »
sorry - haven't seen your post 'till now (I assume it was referring to mine above) - no, not a word from them, which I have to say I think is very poor. Indeed.

No problem. Yep it was referring to your post. As I expected.
There was once talking about cards with monsters on them instead of the minion manual, but they also never got released.
It would be cool if they would release some of the monster cards, they could maybe do one per week or month or give as formula (as I wrote some time ago on this thread) to make our own monsters and use them in our games.

I wonder why they never said a word again about this game? Also it seems that you hear less and less from them. No forum on their site anymore and only very sporadic posts on fb.

Offline Gibby

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2019, 08:56:21 PM »
I have suspected for a while that the game didn't sell all that well, which is a real shame. We really enjoyed it for a long time, but it needs fleshing out more with more monsters and a campaign system. I guess I could make all that myself but I was keeping an eye out for this expansion for a long time then interest in the game fizzled out entirely.

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2020, 04:33:44 PM »
apologies for resurrecting this thread once more (although tbh I still don't understand this threadomancy thing, and why it's 'bad form' ...).

I posted earlier here about a pdf of the rules not being available - but it would appear it's still on 'gumroad' (which I've only discovered recently as a 'thing' - but have bought one set of rules there and all seemed ok ...) - and going by earlier posts I've seen while searching today, it was put up there by Otherworld so is 'official' ... :

https://gumroad.com/l/asobK#

however, if you've any doubts about the site etc - please ignore / use your own judgement etc.

still such a bloomin' shame about the monster manual thing (and the wip cover looked so good!) - goodness only knows why the company wont discuss it at all.