Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:57:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Troublemaker games - ceased trading  (Read 1716 times)

Offline AndrewBeasley

• Mastermind
Troublemaker games - ceased trading
« on: October 18, 2015, 08:28:46 AM »
Morning folk,

I've placed a small order for a Tripod with Troublemaker games and not heard anything in the last couple of weeks despite using their web site and two different mailing addresses.

Today I go to their site and find a notice on the page

Troublemaker Games has ceased retail trading, but the Defeat in Detail range will soon be available from Vanguard Miniatures.
All current orders, including indiegogo orders, will be fulfilled.
Thanks for your support.

Now I wonder when it may get fulfilled and given I had only just found the site (I wanted this as a test scale model) my luck runneth out...

Offline Cypher226

• Mad Scientist
    • Friendly Fire
Re: Troublemaker games - ceased trading
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2015, 10:48:51 AM »
Looks like the existing minis are already up on the Vanguard website... Now we just need someone to pick up the Exodus Wars minis - I was in the same position with them, about to make an order and they were gone  :'(!

I'm guessing you could try going through Vanguard and see if they've got any contact details or if they can forward a message on. I suspect the plastics manufacturing shenanigans have ultimately done for troublemaker. I'm glad I'm only out £20 on that indiegogo.

Offline Major_Gilbear

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • God-Emperor of Dune
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2015, 12:23:41 PM »
Worrying - I am still waiting for the sprues from the first (of four) crowdfunding campaigns they've run.

Worse is that I've emailed my new address details several times now, but with no response from them I don't even know if my emails are getting through.  :?

Offline AndrewBeasley

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2015, 11:09:05 PM »
Worse is that I've emailed my new address details several times now, but with no response from them I don't even know if my emails are getting through.  :?

Like you nothing back either by gmail or website so I've sent one more attempt and then its PayPal complaints process for me - at least I've got that to fall back on this time (unlike the two KS I still waiting for)...

Offline Vermis

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mini Sculpture
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2015, 11:20:51 PM »
Worrying - I am still waiting for the sprues from the first (of four) crowdfunding campaigns they've run.

Same here, except for the worrying part.

His lack of communication is a bit stupid, true, not much else you could call it; but occassionally bits and pieces can be wheedled out of him on the Tactical Command forums, and he's still trying to get those plastics produced to an acceptable standard. He had to send back a few thousand recently, apparently, because the casters had warped the vehicles somehow.

Offline AndrewBeasley

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2015, 06:43:32 PM »
Like you nothing back either by gmail or website so I've sent one more attempt and then its PayPal complaints process for me - at least I've got that to fall back on this time (unlike the two KS I still waiting for)...

PayPal refunded my money.  No note from them on any response or explanation - would rather have had the Tripod though  :'(