Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:11:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686489
  • Total Topics: 118102
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Shieldwolf Miniatures-Official News thread--Plastic Forest Goblins now available  (Read 45776 times)

Offline Shieldwolf Miniatures

• Scientist
I like the last two ladies, also the mammoth

Thank you, we are very fond of these aesthetics, hopefully people will support this vision of ours!
 :D

• Scientist
Last teasers before the launch, just a couple of days left now!  :D

One for the Orcs...

And one for the Shieldmaidens...

Have a great weekend!!!  :)

Offline nullBolt

• Bookworm
    • nullBolt
I have to say, your orcs are very reminiscent of the boney grendels from Creatures 2, at least on the faces. lol

Can't wait for the Kickstarter. How long from end of KS to delivery of product, do you guys estimate?

• Scientist
Can't wait for the Kickstarter. How long from end of KS to delivery of product, do you guys estimate?

Thank you!  :)

Resin production does not worry us almost at all, we have great facilities and although hard and intensive labour we have accumulated great experience. Doing it in-house makes it secure and we can do it as fast as humanly possible once the sculpts have been delivered. What needs inevitably more time are the plastics.  8)
For those who have industrial knowledge in manufacturing HIPS, they know these things take many months. Sculpting must finish, be approved (aesthetically), be checked again and approved (for tooling issues). Then proofs must be sent, approved (yes, again) and then if all has gone according to plan go into production, mail to our warehouse after which we move on to packaging and last (fulfillment) phase.
All this obviously involves shipping times back and forth between all the parties involved (in this case England, Greece and France).  :)

Anyone promising HIPS in anything less than 10 months is either someone who is not familiar with the process, or he is familiar but dishonest about the real delivery times. I agree that KS can have unforeseen issues (heck, we should know about it, our June politics shook the whole EU!) but the important thing is trying to make it on time all the same.
I'm not saying we will again deliver to some backers earlier than promised (like we did in KS-1) but we will try respecting the set deadline within 2016 and delivering quality product. Pretending anything more is just not realistic and although we now have proven knowledge on both KS and producing HIPS that does not make us magicians and we prefer being honest than overpromising.

Hopefully you will find the answer sufficient.  :)

• Scientist

Offline Timbor

• Mastermind
Looking forward to seeing what you guys have to offer.  My hobby spending is mostly on hold right now, so I doubt I can contribute, but will follow your progress nonetheless!
Paint log - leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=36840.0

Blog - My life in Millimetres

• Scientist
@Timbor
Thank you!  :D

KICKSTARTER IS LIVE!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1273312680/war-is-coming-shieldmaidens-vs-orcs/comments

Feel free to post your thoughts!
 :)

Offline The Red Graf

• Scientist
  • Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris
Re: [KICKSTARTER] "Shieldmaidens vs Orcs" is LIVE!!!
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2016, 01:35:06 AM »
I'm in. I would like to see some more information on the poses of the Shieldmaidens. Even if it's just artist sketches it would help. Also, are they all going to have that hair streaming out to one side look? I would prefer some more traditional hair. Braids and such.
Semper in excretum sum sed alta variat

• Scientist
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2016, 01:42:25 AM »
Thank you for the support!  :)

Since the heads are being often talked about (and we mean to try having them also sold separately for conversion purposes since a number of sci-fi hobbyists have contacted us and would be interested; but still need to see if the tooling allows us to do so)
The aim is to have a number of them so people can choose with ease and do what they like best.

By "more traditional hair" do you refer to something like this? (don't know if you had seen this, we had revealed it over at dakka)...?

Offline The Red Graf

• Scientist
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2016, 01:49:46 AM »
Yes, not sure how I feel about the Bart Simpson hair do, but I think I like it. Extra heads would be great, thanks for the quick response.

Offline Maccwar

• Librarian
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2016, 03:30:33 PM »
Not wishing to be too negative but do the shieldmaidens fight all their battles in a wind tunnel? The windswept look might be nice on a character or two but a whole army might look a bit off IMHO.

I think I'll wait until these hit retail and I can see what the end result looks like before deciding on whether to get some.

Good luck with the campaign.

• Scientist
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2016, 03:38:16 PM »
Not wishing to be too negative but do the shieldmaidens fight all their battles in a wind tunnel? The windswept look might be nice on a character or two but a whole army might look a bit off IMHO.
All comments are welcome!  ;) There's a number of plastic kits designed for this race, each of which with different head versions. But in order to get there, we have to start unlocking the goodies. Also, IIRC it's not the first time a unit has such "wind-hairstyle", other plastics have been created in that version too.
I think I'll wait until these hit retail and I can see what the end result looks like before deciding on whether to get some.
Thing is @Maccwar this may never hit retail if the community doesn't help co-fund the kit. We are no KS company who is going to get the product "out there" anyway, we honestly need the additional funds! We have invested to show our commitment, now we are asking for support; it's that simple...

Good luck with the campaign.
Thank you.  :)

• Scientist
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2016, 10:19:59 PM »
Battle Yak revealed  :)

Comments as always are very welcome!!!  :)

Offline The Red Graf

• Scientist
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2016, 02:11:36 AM »
When I saw the Yak for the first time my immediate thought was Frostgrave, I'm just not sure how to use it there. It's quirky and I like it.

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2016, 04:12:42 AM »
I'd be interested in that when its up for retail sale. No cash now sorry.