Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 10:11:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689344
  • Total Topics: 118275
  • Online Today: 648
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Innsmouth Historical Society Presents: (Update 07 July; MiGo in the Woods!)  (Read 33343 times)

Offline Uncle Mike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Strange Aeons
Re: Mr West's Pictures (Updated 30 Nov)
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2015, 04:16:06 AM »
Love that Ghoul / Wolfman model...where is he from?

Offline WallyTWest

• Scientist
  • 'Lux Mundi'
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2015, 11:53:39 AM »

They are the Dunwitch Detectives Ghouls- and they are very interesting - they definitely follow the chaosium interpretation. 3 sculpts are still around for purchase, these guys came from an old blister pack I picked up.

I am unhappy with the paint job- they started their life grey at the beginning of my 24hour paint a thon but failed to inspire much with their looks. Just before I finished I painted them green and although they look uninspiring they are much more serviceable in their current condition.

I'm trying to stick with your and vintage sculpts only- but I could see switching these out for better models in the future.

*Edit- I am finding a single ghoul is often helpful in scenero play.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 11:55:32 AM by WallyTWest »

Offline WallyTWest

• Scientist
  • 'Lux Mundi'
« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2015, 12:30:39 PM »
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6Nxi1wIA9gM

The link above it to one of the many Hammer Shorts that afflicted my teenage years. Ultimately these are the Ghouls that I feared growing up- the concept of a solemn village given to canabalism over generations combined with the prospect of an isolated town somewhere in my native New-England. Down-east Maine or NewHampshire perhaps...

Offline Uncle Mike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Strange Aeons
« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2015, 05:34:11 PM »
I think the paint job looks fine...what else can you do really. Greeny fur, check. Red eyes, check...end of list.  :)

Great movie! Will need to show it to my daughter at some point. Help explain her weird dad...

Also, we have an unfinished dossier kicking around the shop called 'Return to Wolfshead'...uses Wolfmen and Werewolves but would work with Ghouls quite nicely. Not sure which I prefer now!   o_o

And in conclusion: I'll be pawing through all my old minis for the upcoming Bitz Day on Sunday...if I find any 'old school' stuff I'll put it aside in case you show up.

Offline WallyTWest

• Scientist
  • 'Lux Mundi'
« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2015, 09:04:44 PM »
"food and clothes come from the boxes! And good eats! :)"

That's fascinating- I've played about 20 games now since the release of second edition. Almost equally split between my own attempts at narative gaming and semi-competitive club play.

I have really been toying around with scenario/narrative sets played over three games in an attempt to make "Mini Modules" or X-Files esque episodes. I've been struggling with including campaign long agenda sheets and non-combat investigation in a miniatures game. Chaos in Carpathia had some elements as well as the doctor who miniature game. I'm making some progress but finding stagnation from a game design standpoint.

One of the pipe dreams at the shop is to play a campaign of games in a "pandemic like stile"- Station Houses, with teams combating outbreaks of paranormal activity. Great idea, but I don't know how I feel about the execution.

I would love to see what your ideas were on the werewolf module. I noticed all the Dunwitch love in the book- I was wondering your thoughts behind that; was that taken conceptually from a book I'm not aware of?

Offline WallyTWest

• Scientist
  • 'Lux Mundi'
« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2015, 12:39:20 AM »
With regards to models I am still looking for-

I am always on the lookout for a passable 28mm/True 25mmRabbi with Golem. Graven produced a 40mm one years ago that I loved the look of that had a very medieval interpretation of a Golem.

Offline eMills

• Scientist
« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2015, 04:20:23 AM »
Mr. West,

These might not be precisely what you are looking for, but I thought I'd throw them out there for you:
AE WW2 Golem
AE WW2 Druid

There was a great Rabbi and Golem set that I remember seeing once upon a time, but I can't remember who made it. If I find it, I'll let you know.

~Eric

Edit:
This one's good too if you can find one:
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 04:28:25 AM by eMills »

Offline WallyTWest

• Scientist
  • 'Lux Mundi'
« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2015, 02:45:38 PM »
I've seen the Hel Dorado one before- but the dude looks like the Hebrew Hammer and Bruce Lee trained Moses and he then gained superpowers from avatar!

In a lot of ways this guy represents exactly what I am looking for- too bad he is 40mm! He looks like a turn of the century Orthodox Rabbi looking to deter some horrible otherworldly occult invasion with nothing but a prayer shawl, a Torah and the forbidden knowlage of his forefathers! (in many ways his "obvious" desperation is more heroic then Rabbi Bruce Lee) I may buy this model just to paint!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 06:25:34 PM by WallyTWest »

Offline WallyTWest

• Scientist
  • 'Lux Mundi'
« Reply #53 on: December 09, 2015, 10:18:28 AM »

First of my season 2 investigators and did some additional work on the flamethrower. Trying new micro paint sessions before work everyday.

Offline WallyTWest

• Scientist
  • 'Lux Mundi'
« Reply #54 on: December 09, 2015, 02:05:19 PM »
Idea: I have been looking for a non combat variant for investigation/overcoming scenarios. I had this crazy idea- why not use the dice from elder signs/draw tokens from a bag/variant.

Against an aggressive/very hard plot point/creature effectively immune to damage why not investigate objective markers to gather dice that are then rolled to make a unique victory condition. In a campaign game previous captured objectives could add to this dice pool. Then those dice unlock a damaging attack/ritual to end the scenario or naturalize certian enemies. That would mean a quick moving investigator doing his call of cathulu thing could be important. Vice versa not everything could be won with a stick of dynamite.

Offline WallyTWest

• Scientist
  • 'Lux Mundi'
« Reply #55 on: December 09, 2015, 03:02:20 PM »

Bagman and Lovecraft done after I got off work. Next is Dynamite and Twin Guns.

Offline WallyTWest

• Scientist
  • 'Lux Mundi'
Re: Mr West's Pictures (Updated 10 Dec)
« Reply #56 on: December 10, 2015, 05:57:02 AM »
Definatey prefer doing these warhammer regiment stile... (Does anyone else recall WHFB? sigh) but they look more individual this way I guess--- decided to keep the pallet fairly uniform on the agents.

Offline WallyTWest

• Scientist
  • 'Lux Mundi'
Re: Mr West's Pictures (Updated 10 Dec)
« Reply #57 on: December 10, 2015, 11:33:37 PM »
Finished!!!!
Not super excited over the blue... I was going for a uniform 30's agency look, and she matches without being crazy.

All the finished UMM Agents from the Kickstarter!

Group Photo!!!

Offline WallyTWest

• Scientist
  • 'Lux Mundi'
Re: Mr West's Pictures (Updated 10 Dec; Finished Agents)
« Reply #58 on: December 10, 2015, 11:51:24 PM »
Well... That's it for painting... Im actually out of strange aeons miniatures on the Que besides these Yith that I need to make a decision about. (And a few models I hate)

Kinda looking for suggestions on what to do next.

Offline WallyTWest

• Scientist
  • 'Lux Mundi'
Re: Mr West's Pictures (Updated 10 Dec; Finished Agents)
« Reply #59 on: December 11, 2015, 02:09:06 AM »
Figured I would throw in a group shot!

Everything besides the Dark Young and Yith (whom are currently on loan)

And a shot of everything packed up for travel- a rather easy to transport little game- even less if I know what I intend to play...