Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:43:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690719
  • Total Topics: 118343
  • Online Today: 898
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: New Pulp Range from Westwwind ?  (Read 1834 times)

Offline loki

• Scientist
New Pulp Range from Westwwind ?
« on: January 12, 2007, 07:08:09 AM »
Found this posting from the goalsystem chaps:

Folks, I can’t get into any details now, but there will be big things happening for Goalsystem games in 2007.

We will see the re-launch of Chaos In Cairo, and a completely new game in the Chaos series. Additionally, we’ll be making changes to the basic engine to promote faster play, and facilitate multi-player club-style campaigns.

We’ll share more info when we’re able. Oh, and did I mention doezens of new miniatures crossing genres from gangsters, to gothic horror, to pulp, to the old west, and beyond? Yeah, that too.

We’ll have stats for all of the characters from the original book as “special characters,” but this new version of CIC and all the Chaos books will adopt a warband list style of force building more closely akin to Mordheim or LotOW.

There will be less of a build system and more of a pcikem system, where you choose your warband and its fighters, then outfit them with equipment.

Also, the existing CIC models will be rebased onto pre-molded round bases and sold as a boxed set (this is prelimnary, but I think it will happen). There will be A LOT more new figures for pulp, victorian horror, gangsters, and more!

We will be taking the Chaos series in all sorts of directions. Most of the new figures will be sculpted by Bob Naismith, and they look very nice, I must say. This stuff will be coming out under a new label we’re creating especially for it. More on that new brand name when I can share it.

Offline W.B.Kurgan

• Scientist
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 07:59:43 AM »
Well, apart from the new bases which I'm not sure about, that all sounds very exciting!

Thanks Loki!
Mein Flugzeug ist kaputt!

Offline Mo

• Mad Scientist
    • Oddman Productions
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2007, 12:57:50 PM »
Actually, it sounds like Chaos in Cairo is not connected to Westwind anymore. The original writer and originator of the goalsystem is however.

Scott is a member of this forum. Perhaps he'll give us the scoop personally

Marc
Fantastic Worlds: Pulp Action in the Far Reaches of Space
http://oddmanproductions.com

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2007, 09:43:31 PM »
Well, I got the hint form West Wind that they were planning a 'Chaos in Chicago'-game, when I ordered CiC, and enquired about vehicles and planes for the pulp era about half a year ago.... let's see what they come up with. Can't go all wrong IMHO.
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84