Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:25:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Planetoid 51  (Read 41065 times)

Offline Duke Donald

• Mastermind
Re: Planetoid 51
« Reply #180 on: April 16, 2017, 03:03:48 PM »
For some reason I've never come across this thread.

I really like the unique design and quirkiness, yet coherence of everything on show.

Offline James Holloway

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #181 on: April 16, 2017, 04:08:03 PM »
How have I never seen this thread before? Absolutely stunning, from concept to design to painting. The ads! The use of found objects! The little incidental characters! I'll never paint another building matte grey as long as I live.*

(*I totally will, but I shouldn't.)

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
« Reply #182 on: April 16, 2017, 05:17:21 PM »
I'd love to get those figures too. Who is the company that is stalling? ;)

Offline Aquamarine

• Bookworm
« Reply #183 on: April 16, 2017, 09:29:01 PM »
I was reluctant to post the figures as it would generate interest towards obtaining them. I will enquire as to the status of the miniatures for sale. I won't name the company involve as yet but the owner works full time and has a young family. His company is highly reliable and his product are of excellent quality. However he has a vision for his products and these figures are a diversion. Aside of getting the moulds completed, we haven't really discussed the project or about cost sharing.
I commissioned these figures out of a whim without any commercial intent. It seemed a thing to do given my need to see this world created visually. Due to my inexperience, I did not consider some factors that a commercial interest would have noted. For example I did not think about how figures have increased in size to 30-32mm. Therefore they are smallish compared to more recent miniatures. Secondly some of the miniatures are based upon cartoon characters. Their heads are sculpted close to the body to reflect the character, therefore making it hard to convert to another head. Their bodies are weedy compared to other miniatures as well. That fits with my own theme as years of robot dependency have left Future mankind a bit physically undeveloped. In comparison, the outer space marines (my earth force) are beefed up through rigorous training, nutrient supplements and gamma ray enlargement.
 Anyways, I hope that you will eventually gain access to these figures and enjoy them as I do.

The small figures are mine from this series. The large figures belong to Hydra Miniatures.
[/URL]
[/URL]
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 09:37:09 PM by Aquamarine »

Offline Michka

• Mastermind
« Reply #184 on: April 17, 2017, 04:35:53 AM »
I love the figures. I don't think the size differences are enough to dissuade anyone interested in them either. They come close enough to the Hydra figures in size, and those are on the large side. Once painted I think they will match up with lots of other miniatures ranges, and certainly would work for civilians in most. It's usually good to have civvies who aren't taller then the heroes.

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #185 on: April 17, 2017, 08:45:48 AM »
Interesting figures. One of the girls is cuddling an Alien Life Form!

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #186 on: April 17, 2017, 09:46:11 AM »
That bus and stop are simply wonderful creations that fit the retro vibe perfectly.
 :-* :-*

Nice civilians too.
They will fit this theme brilliantly along with a fair few other similar settings.
A cracking idea!
 8) 8)

Offline Aquamarine

• Bookworm
Re: Planetoid 51 bits
« Reply #187 on: May 21, 2017, 12:38:40 AM »
I want to again thank everyone for their encouraging words and interest in my project. I don't usually like to post incomplete images however my work area has been temporarily disrupted and all I have is this so far; tractor drones,

[/URL]

Meanwhile I am making progress with the vendor towards making the painted figures available for market. Late summer could be possible.

And The Colonization of Space continues;

[/URL]

Offline Papa Spanky

• Scientist
    • Geek in the Basement
« Reply #188 on: May 21, 2017, 06:00:49 AM »
just found this thread, love it. I'm guessing you're a fan of the The Planet 51 movie?

Offline axiom

• Mastermind
    • My blog: Magpie and old lead
« Reply #189 on: May 21, 2017, 07:23:15 AM »
Love the civilian sculpts! Love the retro look and feel of the collection and the setting!

I'm watching with interest to see when those figures go on sale :)

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #190 on: May 22, 2017, 08:19:12 AM »
the civilians look pretty cool!
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline horridperson

• Mad Scientist
  • Doing the Will of The Horned Cat
    • Void Spaces
« Reply #191 on: August 18, 2017, 04:12:53 PM »
Wow!  Really cool terrain.  The retro vibe is perfect and the minis you have been selecting will feel right at home. 

Offline Lost Egg

• Mastermind
« Reply #192 on: August 18, 2017, 05:43:17 PM »
Awesome work. This is one of the most characterful projects I have ever seen.
My current project...Classic Wargame - An experiment in 24" of wargaming!

https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=140633.new#new

Offline Aquamarine

• Bookworm
« Reply #193 on: November 14, 2017, 03:39:13 AM »
https://imgur.com/gallery/ALNhT
 Just practicing with Imagur. Here are some old pictures of vehicles that I started over the summer. They have since been completed. I am trying to find my way around a replacement for photobucket. I will post all the completed project items once I figure out how.
Thanks for the interest.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 03:50:48 AM by Aquamarine »

Online vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #194 on: November 14, 2017, 10:50:52 PM »
Great to see this project is still going! And I want all the figures more than ever.
I am going to build a wargames army, a big beautiful wargames army, and Mexico is going to pay for it.

2019 Painting Challenge :
figures bought: 500+
figures painted: 57
9 vehicles painted
4 terrain pieces scratchbuilt