Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 05:52:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689765
  • Total Topics: 118294
  • Online Today: 786
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Planetoid 51  (Read 41200 times)

Offline Aquamarine

• Bookworm
Re: Planetoid 51
« Reply #210 on: January 03, 2018, 05:41:51 AM »
Thank you everyone for the words of encouragement. I don’t come often enough to share my appreciation. Hey Dan, happy to hear that you are exploring a retro theme. It can be a lot of fun. I see a lot of scifi products made for the Infinity game that can serve as a good base to build your world if you are pressed for time. My own take is that my modelling needn’t be ever complete and I can always revisit a project as my skills or inspiration improves.
At year’s end, I was fortunate to be able to commission a few more figures. Space corporations dislike the presence of children in their colonies. They are a source of distraction for their working parents and require specialized infrastructure and services that divert profits. However, sometimes key personnel cannot be recruited if they are separated from their children. After months of confined travel within a rocket, colonial children tend to be highly energetic and boisterous.

Offline Aquamarine

• Bookworm
« Reply #211 on: January 03, 2018, 05:56:13 AM »
Some of you will know that many of my retro space commissions are now available from Hydra Miniatures. I can’t assume that this dealer will want to produce all the figures that I commission but we will have to see.
Meanwhile, space technicians are key to keeping the machinery rolling and the robots in line. They sometimes think too highly of themselves especially when their job entails mainly pushing buttons or telling robots what buttons to push.

Offline Andym

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #212 on: January 03, 2018, 07:35:24 AM »
Excellent! More depth, yet again, to your wonderful world! :o

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #213 on: January 03, 2018, 04:44:10 PM »
Very nice.

Offline Constable Bertrand

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
« Reply #214 on: January 04, 2018, 10:00:05 AM »
Wow, amazing scratchbuilding and sculpting! 8) 8) 8)

Due to the custom nature it's such a unique table and game, I havent seen anything like it. Well done!

Cheers
Matt

Offline Khmorg

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #215 on: January 04, 2018, 10:06:17 AM »
 :o fantastic!!!!

Offline ichwillauch

• Scientist
« Reply #216 on: January 05, 2018, 06:25:50 AM »
Very nice retro miniatures and terrain!

Offline Dan

• Mastermind
    • Wades World of Wargaming
« Reply #217 on: January 06, 2018, 05:10:20 AM »
I bought a few items of Plastcraft pre-printed buildings and walkways to evaluate and also some water pistols to have a play around with. Still feels more Star Wars though. :?

I guess some Worlds were less Retro in some of the Movies I have been watching on Youtube lately. So have come up with a compromise that I can live with and achieve (I hope).

Offline Aquamarine

• Bookworm
« Reply #218 on: March 28, 2018, 03:56:00 AM »
The bright, cartoony colours and toy like appearance of the buildings, robots and vehicles illustrate a future that is lighthearted and uncomplicated. However war has erupted. Its scale and level of lethality climbs steadily. The merry optimism that once characterized mankind’s seven decades sojourn into the stars have been abruptly altered and may be lost to the generations that follow.

“... After many months travel, elements of 1st Outer Space Marine Division have engaged enemy invasion forces on Planetoid 51. Forgoing the wait for additional reinforcements, a limited offensive is necessary to secure the safety of surviving colonists and prevent additional incursions into areas under our control. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the brave men and women fighting this noble and just cause. We further wish a safe journey to the many soldiers and sailors in the follow up fleets heading towards the colony....”
Excerpt from communique #23, USSA Supreme Command

....the might of your armed forces arrayed against a dishonourable and tyrannical enemy can only conclude favourably for your side. I fully expect your courageous soldiers to be back home by Christmas....

Excerpt from a strategic analysis completed by a Calculator-Bot, “Brain Trust” model V1137a

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
« Reply #219 on: March 28, 2018, 07:25:46 AM »
Wow, cool scenes!

Brings me back to the early 90's and GW's dioramas in their rulebooks!

---

edit: those fruits in the first picture - excellent!

Offline ichwillauch

• Scientist
« Reply #220 on: March 28, 2018, 08:08:41 AM »
Brilliant! I like everything, the miniatures, the vehicles, the buildings and scenery.

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #221 on: March 28, 2018, 08:29:11 AM »
Fantastic  8)
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline dampfpanzerwagon

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #222 on: March 28, 2018, 08:40:51 AM »
Great looking table terrain and set-up.

Tony

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #223 on: March 28, 2018, 08:51:35 AM »
Brilliant!
 :-* :-*

Those pictures really show off your project at its wacky, retro best.
 :D

Offline Dr. Zombie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #224 on: March 28, 2018, 09:37:56 AM »
I really love the look of your collection. It looks as if war has broken out in an episode of The Jetsons.