Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 02:40:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Secret Santa - Christmas Gift Exchange or, "How to have a Mini Christmas!"  (Read 19823 times)

Offline LordOdo

• Mastermind
    • StormToren (my wargame blog)
Re: Secret Santa - Christmas Gift Exchange or, "How to have a Mini Christmas!"
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2015, 12:02:15 PM »
Once you've received your present, do you have to wait until christmas to open it, so we open all at the same time?
''Its so much easier to build something new than work up the courage to actually paint some.'' -Wyrmalla (2015)

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2015, 01:40:57 PM »
I'll play.

Offline tyrionhalfman

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2015, 04:29:55 PM »
I'm in :)

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2015, 06:26:49 PM »
I'm in for $15-20 with a minor stipulation...it'd have to be a fellow US member, since shipping overseas from the US is pretty much a minimum of $25 just for the shipping, let alone the gift.

If that's okay, I'm in!
2024 Painted Miniatures: 187
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline fairoaks024

• Mastermind
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2015, 10:59:36 PM »
Oh yeah! I'm in

Regards

Jim
Cult of the black goat cultist No.10

Offline Revfan

• Scientist
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2015, 03:37:53 PM »
LordOdo
Yes, as soon as you get your present, open her up, take a pic, and post your Christmas loot here, for all to see!

Elbows
Yes, I will try to keep everyone on the same content together.  If it doesn't matter to you.. let me now when you send the details.  I have already had request, so Its ok.  The idea is to have fun... not to stress anyone out about shipping!

If you haven't sent me your details, please do so.  I have info on about 12 of the 16 folks who have signed up so far.

I will probably put a post in the General section for more exposure...

Offline affun

• Mad Scientist
    • North of Nowhere [Under construction]
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2015, 04:16:57 PM »
When do you expect to start making pairings? I'd like at least a little bit of time to work, and december is going to be a hectic month. :)

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2015, 04:57:56 PM »
I will probably put a post in the General section for more exposure...

No double posting, which is why I locked the other thread. I will move this one over to the General Discussion board.

All Participants please note:
This event is not sponsored, endorsed, or actively supported by LAF. Members are, of course, free to participate, but must be fully aware that they do so on their own account and at their own risk (e.g. postal issues).

Offline Psychoflexible

• Scientist
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2015, 08:17:31 PM »
French forum... ?  A French Mini forum?

You can steal the idea, if you participate here too! :)

Yes it's the French Mordheim forum:

http://www.mordheimfrance.com/forum

Offline Archie

• Mad Scientist
    • The Grinning Frog
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2015, 11:29:43 PM »
A brilliant idea ... so in!!

Offline SBRPearce

• Mad Scientist
    • "The Cellar-Dweller" blog
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2015, 01:04:06 PM »
Count me in - first time participant in one of these!
from Mr.Vampire: "It's the paintjob that makes the miniature fight harder not the size."

Offline otherworld

• Librarian
    • Otherworld Miniatures
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2015, 03:42:14 PM »
No double posting, which is why I locked the other thread. I will move this one over to the General Discussion board.

All Participants please note:
This event is not sponsored, endorsed, or actively supported by LAF. Members are, of course, free to participate, but must be fully aware that they do so on their own account and at their own risk (e.g. postal issues).

I'm not sure this should have been moved.  When it was in the Fantasy Adventurers section, it meant that all participants would send and receive something related to fantasy miniatures.  By putting it in the general section, will it mean that some gifts will be non-fantasy?
Otherworld Miniatures Webstore - http://www.otherworldminiatures.co.uk

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2015, 03:52:43 PM »
I'm not sure this should have been moved.  When it was in the Fantasy Adventurers section, it meant that all participants would send and receive something related to fantasy miniatures.  By putting it in the general section, will it mean that some gifts will be non-fantasy?

I understood the TO's OP and the subsequent topic he opened on the General Discussion board that it was not supposed to be limited to a given theme. Participants or the TO should discuss this and agree on a ruling. I just moved it in the TO's express interest to garner more attention to the event.

Offline Rhoderic

• Mastermind
  • I disapprove!
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2015, 03:59:16 PM »
I'm not sure this should have been moved.  When it was in the Fantasy Adventurers section, it meant that all participants would send and receive something related to fantasy miniatures.  By putting it in the general section, will it mean that some gifts will be non-fantasy?

I think that was the problem of having it in the Fantasy section. If I've understood the OP's intention correctly (and I admit that I may not have) it's not supposed to be a fantasy-only gift exchange. Rather, he put it in the Fantasy section because it's one of the most active sections of the forum, and the idea was that more people would notice the thread that way, although I personally don't agree with that premise or procedure.

But again, I could be wrong about the original intention - you may want to make sure you're all on the same page.

I'm only speaking as a bystander, mind. Neither a participant in the gift exchange nor any sort of affiliate with the LAF "management". And I apologise if I sound negative, I don't mean to sound that way at all. I'm actually very tempted by this gift exchange, but I need to keep my head above water in regard to finances and commitments right now, so I'd better abstain, for the other participants' sake as well as my own.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 04:14:23 PM by Rhoderic »
"When to keep awake against the camel's swaying or the junk's rocking, you start summoning up your memories one by one, your wolf will have become another wolf, your sister a different sister, your battle other battles, on your return from Euphemia, the city where memory is traded." - Italo Calvino

Offline Revfan

• Scientist
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2015, 04:47:10 PM »
Hey Guys

No worries...
My original intent... was to have some fun with the guys on the forum here in a Christmas Present-y kind of way.  

Part of the gift-er thing is sending me your details PLUS what you are interested in.  

WOW

You should see what has shown up.  Everything from "I collect Otherworld minis" to Sci-fi, Mordhiem, Gold Box stuff etc etc...  Even when it was "only" in the Fantasy Section...

Here is an example
1) Cyberpunk Sci Fi  

2) Games I currently play: Infinity (playing Nomads and Tohaa), Frostgrave, AoS, 40K (playing Chaos Daemon for both)
Games I'm looking into getting into: Black-ops, Rogue Planet, This is not a test
I'm looking into getting into terrain building also

3)Interests:  D&D, or anything Warhammer undead or Nurgle Chaos. Lord of the Rings, True 25mm Fantasy, Carnevale, Gothic Horror.

That is just 3 of the guys who signed up in the fantasy section.  

I will try to pair folks up in the same country (or next door) AND with similar interests.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 04:49:36 PM by Revfan »