Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:02:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: A question on Redoubt  (Read 9978 times)

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
Re: A question on Redoubt
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2008, 08:30:37 AM »
I'll sort out some figures for photo's and do some specifics if you want. The Parrotmen of Venus have become something of a phenomenon since their initial conception, which is cool.

A Venus campaign sounds great. We have a bunch of Jungle terrain between us all too. Want me to write up the campaign I had intended?

OOh yes please. I am up for a campaign, if we get enough interest we could take a faction each?
I also have loads of jungle to add to the mix. I am really liking this. Thunderchicken mentioned Venus yesterday and I know he would be interested and I think Bullshott is already building a force.
Over to you old boy. Let us know hat you want us to do? :) ;D
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2008, 08:51:22 AM »
I'm sure we'd all like to see pics of your Parrotmen and their environment  :)

I [like a lot of others] realise the VSF potential of GW's Kroot, so would like to see how you have used them.

I'm always open to stealing.... ahem! .... gaining inspiration from, other peoples ideas and from the first that I read of your Parrotmen, I thought they would be a great addition to my games.

If all of you mentioned in Malamute's message manage to get a Venus campaign going, we will need to see plenty of pics and reports from that too!

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2008, 01:43:44 PM »
I'm sure we'd all like to see pics of your Parrotmen and their environment

So would I, it'd stop Bullshot nagging me to post them  lol  I'm just waiting for something to arrive from ebay and then I'll start making a Parrotman village. Which will no doubt annoy my wife due to the space it'll take up in the process.

There are some wip pics on my Flickr page but I've not put anything on there for a while.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/28016805@N00/
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 05:13:20 AM by Dewbakuk »
So many projects..... so little time.......

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2008, 12:34:47 AM »
I'm sure we'd all like to see pics of your Parrotmen and their environment

So would I, it'd stop Bullshot nagging me to post them  lol  I'm just waiting for something to arrive from ebay and then I'll start making a Parrotman village. Which will no doubt annoy my wife due to the space it'll take up in the process.

There are some wip pics on my Flickr page but I've not put anything on there for a while.

I'll have a look in the morning.

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2008, 08:46:50 AM »
Dewbakuk, I love whatyou have done with the Kroot, now you need to crack on and paint them...

Perhaps we should use the 7th feb game as the first game on Venus... What say you all?

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2008, 09:01:56 AM »
Dewbakuk, I love whatyou have done with the Kroot, now you need to crack on and paint them...

Yes, I agree. I particularly like the weapon conversions. They should look great once finished!

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2008, 11:09:57 AM »
I thought the 7th Feb game was to attempt to drive the Prussians back from London?

The Parrotmen/Kroot are actually mostly painted already, they were done to a quick gaming standard so just need some washes and highlights to finish them off. They are on my list of things to do in the near future.

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2008, 01:47:26 PM »
I thought the 7th Feb game was to attempt to drive the Prussians back from London?

The Parrotmen/Kroot are actually mostly painted already, they were done to a quick gaming standard so just need some washes and highlights to finish them off. They are on my list of things to do in the near future.

In all honesty I don't mind what we do on the 7th, London seige or Venus are both good for me ;D
With all the talk about Venus recently I figured it would make a wonderful game, especially on such a large table and with our combined stuff, not too difficult to do. But I really don't mind.    :)

Offline Bullshott

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • I need a bigger hammer
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/27772452@N07/sets/
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2008, 11:33:20 PM »
I missed the later posts on this thread wher it went off-topic, but Dewbakuk pointed me back here. All I can say is: Venus - yay!

Here is a rare photograph of men of the Legion Extraterrestriale from the French expeditionaty force early on during their colonisation of the region surrounding Mesa Napoleon:
Sir Henry Bullshott, Keeper of Ancient Knowledge

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2008, 08:45:23 AM »
I missed the later posts on this thread wher it went off-topic, but Dewbakuk pointed me back here. All I can say is: Venus - yay!

Here is a rare photograph of men of the Legion Extraterrestriale from the French expeditionaty force early on during their colonisation of the region surrounding Mesa Napoleon:

Tres formidable mon amis..... Thats the best I can manage from my schoolboy Francais!

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2008, 09:33:36 AM »
Ah, I see they are equipped with breathing devices for extended operations in the jungle depths. Excellent stuff!

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2008, 09:53:13 AM »
Ah, I see they are equipped with breathing devices for extended operations in the jungle depths. Excellent stuff!

The Warrior figures are nice and easy to paint too which is a huge bonus, I might have to  pick up a unit or two of these. Mind you  have you seen the Parroom Station Frenchies, they are even nicer with a machine gun as well. :)

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2008, 12:21:02 PM »
Yeah, I've looked at the Parroom French. I'm refusing to do French at the moment though, I have enough other forces in progress!