Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:49:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Xmas Wargame - Brigade Games Gnomes  (Read 1277 times)

Offline Sterling Moose

• Scatterbrained Genius
Xmas Wargame - Brigade Games Gnomes
« on: August 19, 2018, 02:03:49 AM »
Folks,  I'm planning on putting on a Xmas wargame using Dragon Rampant and am putting together Santa's army.  Does anyone know how the Brigade Games Gnome Wars figures scale up against regular 28mm stuff?  They are described as 28mm but I remember them being chunkier and taller.
Any other troops suggestions gratefully accepted.
Thx
'I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.'

Offline Christian

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • ... standing on the shoulders of giants.
    • INCLTVS REX - Late Antique wargames blog
Re: Xmas Wargame - Brigade Games Gnomes
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2018, 02:11:43 AM »
There are some wonderful Christmas themed figures in the Flintloque range from Alternative Armies.

Most of them are Limited Edition sets, likes Rudolph’s Raiders:
https://www.alternative-armies.com/collections/limited-edition-miniatures/products/le022-rudolfs-raiders

And I’d say the Gingerbread Set is another nice one:
https://www.alternative-armies.com/collections/limited-edition-miniatures/products/vle11-the-gingerbread-set

They have lots of Winter themed minis for the Withclands (Russian) campaign so there might be their suitable figures there.

Depends what you’re going for, these are just the first that cake to mind.

Offline Sterling Moose

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Xmas Wargame - Brigade Games Gnomes
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2018, 01:04:10 PM »
Thx, I wasn't aware of Rudolph's Raiders though I have the Gingerbread set.  Thus far I have Snowmen (melee & missile) courtesy of chairface (thanks Dave), small gingerbread men, nutcrackers.

I might pick up 12 of the Alternative Armies Xmas trees from their 15mm Seasonal Range - the trees scale at 22mm so will work.

Coming I have Santa & Mrs Santa plus some personalities (War in Xmas Village Kickstarter) and I intend to pick up Kids throwing snowballs (Old Glory)

I like Eureka's Toy Town Soldiers but their shipping is putting me off at the mo.  Also like some of the Reaper stuff such as the Xmas Decorations but I'd need 12 for a unit so may have to kitbash with some decorative beads.

I'm considering Brigade Games Gnome Wars Swiss depending on scale, hence this post.