Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:22:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: 7TV Paranormal Exterminators (new models added, 08/04)  (Read 7767 times)

Offline Gailbraithe

• Librarian
  • Post-Apocalyptic Librarian
7TV Paranormal Exterminators (new models added, 08/04)
« on: November 12, 2015, 03:10:28 AM »
Gearing up to play the "Cats and Dogs Living Together" scenario.

Team Ghostbuster:

"Jim Blutowski"

"Don Winthorpe"

"Dr. Ziskey"

"Billy Ray"

The Channel 7 News Team (models from em4 miniatures)

The Ghosts:

Harbringer

Harbringer (when the heroic players force the harbringer to switch sides, I'll switch the two models)

Demon Dogs (2) from Heresy Miniatures

Ecton

Spectres (3) from Reaper Miniatures

Poltergeist from Reaper Miniatures

THE DESTRUCTOR!!!!  Actually a piggybank from Diamond Select.

And now some random models to add to these casts for later scenarios:

Paranormal Exterminator

Paranormal Exterminator

Paranormal Exterminator w/Slime Sprayer

The whole Ghostbusting team with the Ecto-1 (from Hallmark):

Finally I picked up this figure, King Jack, from Victory Force Miniatures.  I plan to use him as Samhain, from the Ghostbusters cartoon.  Either as a modified Marauding Monster, Inhuman Servitor or maybe Sinister Mystic:

« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 01:56:18 AM by Gailbraithe »

Offline SBRPearce

• Mad Scientist
    • "The Cellar-Dweller" blog
Re: 7TV Paranormal Exterminators
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2015, 01:54:33 PM »
I can't wait to see how it plays. You will be posting an AAR?
from Mr.Vampire: "It's the paintjob that makes the miniature fight harder not the size."

Offline grant

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2015, 03:20:38 PM »
Looks awesome! Looking forward to the AAR as well!
It’s a beautiful thing, the destruction of words - Orwell, 1984

Offline supervike

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • supervike's stuff
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2015, 03:57:56 PM »
Those are just downright awesome.

I'd imagine it was pretty fun just getting the set painted up and collecting all the figures you'd need!

Offline Gailbraithe

• Librarian
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2015, 04:20:57 PM »
Those are just downright awesome.

I'd imagine it was pretty fun just getting the set painted up and collecting all the figures you'd need!

It really was.  Even if it turns out I don't care for the game, I'm glad I added these to my collection.

I'll be playing the game on Tuesday and will definitely post an AAR.

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2015, 06:32:19 PM »
Love this thread. Those are top notch miniatures and you've painted them perfectly.. I held off on them with hopes that the stuff in the cryptozoic game are decent enough for my tastes. It's good to know that there are such great minis out there.
obsidian3d
www.o2media.ca

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2015, 06:38:35 PM »
Love this thread. Those are top notch miniatures and you've painted them perfectly.. I held off on them with hopes that the stuff in the cryptozoic game are decent enough for my tastes. It's good to know that there are such great minis out there.

Very nice work indeed! 8)
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline SBRPearce

• Mad Scientist
    • "The Cellar-Dweller" blog
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2015, 01:57:09 PM »
What system are you using?

Offline Gailbraithe

• Librarian
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2015, 11:35:24 AM »

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2015, 05:46:48 PM »
Where did you get the car?

Offline Gailbraithe

• Librarian
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2015, 09:57:20 PM »
Where did you get the car?

It's a Hallmark Christmas ornament!  When you push a little button on top, it plays "I ain't afraid of no ghost!" or "Who you gonna call?"  You can usually find them on Ebay, but I'd wait til after x-mas to pick one up, as the price should drop.  I think with shipping from Australia I paid $45 for mine.

Offline Gailbraithe

• Librarian
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2015, 08:58:27 AM »
I played my second game of 7TV tonight, replaying the Cats and Dogs Living Together scenario from Paranormal Exterminators.  We made some slight alterations to the scenario, playing it on a 4' x 4' table rather than 3' x 3'.  We found that following the rules as written for objective placement, which presume a 4' x 4' board, didn't work for a 3' x 3' table as it gave whoever won initiative the opportunity to gather all 5 objectives in the first turn (by stealing the scene).  I played the Ghostbusters this time, while my friend Sherbert played the Ghosts.  Sherbert won initiative.  Unfortunately I forgot to snap a picture of everything at set-up, so the first shot is actually from the end of my first turn. Please excuse the inappropriate terrain.  "Modern" is a new genre for our club and we don't have appropriate terrain yet.

In turn 1, Sherbert draws "Hogging the Limelight," which is useless as none of his models are close to being in range. He uses the Jetpack gadget to boost a spectre to the middle of the board and seize an objective. A second spectre grabs an objective near his deployment line, while his Ecton is just able to reach a third objective.  I draw "Off-Camera Action" and use it to move Blutowski towards the Ecton's objective. Dr. Ziskey grabs an objective right beyond the Exterminators' deployment.  Blutowski uses the Grapple Gun to get within 6" of the Ecton's objective, moves in and grabs it out from under the Ecton's nose. The Channel 7 Cameraman rushes forward to guard the last objective.

Blutowski grabs an objective out from under the Ecton's nose.

Sherbert draws "Power Cut," which is about the worse thing he could draw. His models creep forward, and the Ecton fails to slime Blutowski. His Demon Dog lands next to Blutowski and takes a bite out of him.  He moves a spectre into base-to-base contact with the cameraman and kills him with a chill touch.

The table from Sherbert's perspective and mine mid Turn 2. 

I draw "Overacting" and use it to weaken the Terror Dog threatening Blutowski. Winthorpe and Billy Ray blast the spectre hovering near the final objective with two neutron lances while Ziskey rushes in to trap the ghost.  I steal the scene so I can grab the final objective.

Ghostbusting like real Pros!

Sherbert draws "Action Sequence" but its not very useful due to bad positioning.   Meanwhile Blutowski gets hammered by the combined attack of the Ecton, Demon Dog and freshly arrived Poltergeist.

Nooooooooo!  The hero can't die!

I draw an "Inevitable Explosion" and take out two spectres with it.  My notes get hazy at this point, but it was mostly a bunch of inconclusive strikes.  I drew "Fan Favorite" and brought Venkman back to life, but in doing so I also unleashed the Destructor!

The Destructor stomped onto the board and immediately began blasting Winthrope. Meanwhile Billy Ray was killed by a Demon Dog and Dr. Ziskey only avoid a similar fate thanks to a timely defection by the Harbringer.

Winthrope blasted the Destructor, wounding it, and in return the Destructor charged Winthrope and stomped on him, but the timely application of a First Aid Kit saved him from death -- for a moment, as the Destructor stole the scene and killed him anyways. Dr. Ziskey blasted at the Destructor to no effect, but Blutowski was able to move up and get off the shot that destroyed the Destructor.

It looked like it was up to the Demon Dogs to kill the remaining Exterminators, but the next countdown card was "Plot Twist" which emptied the countdown deck and ended the game -- but not before Blutowski got the chance to run up and punch a Demon Dog in the desperate hope of scoring a VP by laying a status effect on an enemy Co-Star, which succeeded.

"That's for killing me!"

The final score was:

PARANORMAL
2 x Objectives = 2 VP
2 x 2-Health Co-Stars Removed from Play = 4 VP
1 x Weakened Co-Star = 1 VP
2 x Scenario Special Condition (Exterminator Co-Star removed from play) = 2 VP
TOTAL: 9 VP

EXTERMINATOR
3 x Objectives = 3 VP
1 x 2-Health Star Removed from Play = 2 VP
1 x Weakened Co-Star = 1 VP
1 x Scenario Special Condition (Destructor destroyed!) = 5 VP
TOTAL: 11 VP

A small victory for the harried Exterminators, who lost good friends in their bid to save the city.

Offline gmanrocks

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2015, 04:35:23 PM »
Look awesome! Really need to grab that at some point!

Offline Gailbraithe

• Librarian
Re: 7TV Paranormal Exterminators (new pics added!)
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2018, 03:09:00 PM »
After more than a year break from painting miniatures, I've dived back in.  Here are some new models I've added to my Paranormal Exterminators forces.

A pair of mysterious agents of a shadowy government organization known only as Agent P and Agent Q, these Men In Black assist the Extreminators when their investigations cross over.

Two new Paranormal Exterminators join the team, one with a Slime Sprayer.  These are the standard Slime Sprayer and Not Winston Zedmore figures with a head swap.

A new ally for the Exterminators appears in the form of Scot Barton, a dim-witted Action Hero with a penchant for stumbling ass backwards into supernatural adventure.  His shirt features the Chinese character of Bčn.  It means "stupid."
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 03:11:12 PM by Gailbraithe »

Offline Gailbraithe

• Librarian
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2018, 04:46:18 PM »
All of these were painted over a year ago, before my big break, but never got posted here.  Coming very close to rounding out my Paranormal Cast roster.  I've got several varieties of Grey Aliens unpainted, not sure which I'm going to use.  I've also got a Jersey Devil, another Chupacabra, and a host of Zombies.  And I've got some Cultists on order from Crooked Dice.

The ghost of H.P. Lovecraft.  I thought he'd make for a great main villain with a cast of Mythos inspired beasties.  Probably field him as a Sinister Mystic with the Ghost special effect.  (Impact Miniatures)

Jacob Marley as The Bell Witch. (Reaper)

A Chupacabra in search of goats to suck. (Reaper)

A second Ecton, much scarier than Slimer (Reaper)

The Missing Link.  (Reaper)

The Moth-Man. He's an Ettercap with faerie wings added. (Reaper)

A second Poltergeist. (Reaper)

The fearsome Sewer Alligator. (Reaper)

Two more Spectres, not as pretty as my first three (see above). (Reaper)