Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:00:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Tuaregs and arabs cotumes  (Read 4423 times)

Offline italwars

• Mastermind
Tuaregs and arabs cotumes
« on: November 25, 2015, 02:05:59 PM »
While i m waiting to know the availability of last Méharistes minis from Unfeasibly and plan an order..i was parading my Tuareg/arab castings to prepare them, paint them and be raedy for the "infidels" minis to come...i discovered this artist who, in my opinion, show in his painting all we need to paint nice arab/tuareg miniatures..including variation to the usual blue/black clads camelmen

https://www.google.it/search?q=Hocine+Ziani&espv=2&biw=1024&bih=655&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwil8arg3avJAhVGPBQKHTdjDT8QsAQIHg#imgrc=zvAjYxZacF-KlM%3A

Offline unfeasibly

• Bookworm
    • Unfeasibly
Re: Tuaregs and arabs cotumes
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 09:17:57 PM »
Great find, I'll have to get some of the Tuaregs from the Unfeasibly range painted in the same colours...

So far have stuck with the classic blues...

More here

KR
Mark @ Unfeasibly
unfeasibly  - Historical & Pulp inspired miniatures

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/unfeasibly.miniatures
Twitter: @unfeasibly

Offline Golgotha

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • BMC Miniatures - All things wargame related.
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 09:32:41 PM »
Some interesting artwork but you can't beat the real thing https://www.google.it/search?q=Hocine+Ziani&espv=2&biw=1024&bih=655&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwil8arg3avJAhVGPBQKHTdjDT8QsAQIHg#tbm=isch&q=tuaregs&imgrc=PWk7htqr06gO7M%3A

Interesting to note the variations in shades of blue problematically modern Tuaregs may well have access to different cloth and or dye.

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2015, 03:54:22 AM »
Go cautiously down the road of artistic license - I think those are ceremonial and full dress (like wedding) costumes and hardly likely to see a battle field. But if you like 'em, go for it.

Offline italwars

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2015, 11:17:50 AM »
Fifteeenawyas your'true but Tuaregs are such iconic subjects and such few figures are required to have a nice looking game that an old style naif approach as regard minis painting could be tolerated..

i found, for those who can read French or feel ok with a google translation this on line book...of whic i have a rare paper original copy...every skimish - patrol raids ..names..ecc..involving struggles between Compagnies Méharistes and Tuaregs ecc...are related in full details..the original edition include also some good maps
http://sitelimafox.free.fr/HistoCM/HCM001.htm

Hello mark..please..as i'm considering my first order of the related range..when do you think that pack 2 and French officer of those Méharistes will be available so i could make a comprehensive order with all related subjects?....also please..will a mounted pack of Méharistes will be available in the future?..i already have some camel mounted tuareg castings put aside to be, eventually, converted into Mèharistes but..of course..i'll prefer original ones from you..so if you're almost sure that Camel Mounted Méharistes will, one day, see the light..i could without any esitation paint all my tuaregs and wait for their ennemies to come... ;)

Offline FierceKitty

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2015, 12:47:05 PM »
Did they really ride with such short stirrups? Gad!
The laws of probability do not apply to my dice in wargames or to my finesses in bridge.

Offline italwars

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2015, 01:28:27 PM »
yes i suppose so..i saw some picts of Lybian Italian Spahis about 1920..the stirrups where very short

Offline unfeasibly

• Bookworm
    • Unfeasibly
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2015, 01:34:48 PM »
Hello mark..please..as i'm considering my first order of the related range..when do you think that pack 2 and French officer of those Méharistes will be available so i could make a comprehensive order with all related subjects?....also please..will a mounted pack of Méharistes will be available in the future?..i already have some camel mounted tuareg castings put aside to be, eventually, converted into Mèharistes but..of course..i'll prefer original ones from you..so if you're almost sure that Camel Mounted Méharistes will, one day, see the light..i could without any esitation paint all my tuaregs and wait for their ennemies to come... ;)

The second pack of Méharistes and the Méharistes command pack consisting of a mounted and dismounted French officer should be available from Mike @ BlackHat within the next 10 days...
Watch out for the announcement from Mike...

Kind Regards
Mark @ Unfeasibly

Offline axabrax

• Mastermind
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2015, 02:58:10 PM »
Ooh! Those Meharistes are I find! I will be using them for our Abyssinian Crisis Chain of Command campaign. I would definitely pick up some mounted on camels if they become available!

Offline italwars

• Mastermind
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2015, 08:41:48 AM »
The second pack of Méharistes and the Méharistes command pack consisting of a mounted and dismounted French officer should be available from Mike @ BlackHat within the next 10 days...
Watch out for the announcement from Mike...

Thanks for the info..i'll stay tuned during the next 10 days....and,please, what about the mounted version of the Méharistes?

Offline italwars

• Mastermind
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2015, 12:57:44 PM »
we already have méharistes and are waiting for their command..in the meanwhile i found this immage of Lieutenant Gardel..Légion d'Honneur and leader of the most famous battle vs the Tourages , combat d'Esseyen April 1913, carried out by Compagnies Méharistes:
http://www.neret-tessier.com/html/fiche.jsp?id=2998175&np=13&lng=fr&npp=20&ordre=1&aff=1&r=

Offline italwars

• Mastermind