Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:16:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689752
  • Total Topics: 118293
  • Online Today: 786
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Relicblade, my newest project  (Read 20305 times)

Offline Zaheer

• Mad Scientist
Re: Relicblade, my newest project
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2016, 11:02:08 PM »
Really glad to see this coming along and looking so good, may be persuaded to get those rules...

Offline Comsquare

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2016, 09:16:31 PM »
Really glad to see this coming along and looking so good, may be persuaded to get those rules...

You should do so, Chris  :)

Just to let you all know, Sean announced his new kickstarter, coming this october:

Posted by Sean Sutter (Creator)

Greetings Good People,

I hope by now you have all had the chance to break open your boxes of Relicblade! It has been a pretty amazing year. And in fact the first anniversary of Relicblades conception past only a few weeks ago. A year ago I wanted to jump into making the first expansions for the game, and I've been holding back my feverish imagination tempering my creative energy to do things right.

I sat down and did some simple maths to figure out how much money I need to make what I want to make. And it turns out I need to do another crowdsource campaign. I think that's how being an independent artist goes these days. Of course, thats half the fun. Gotta love the hustle of being a maker in the golden age of the internet!

It is my pleasure to announce the Relicblade Expansion "Bone and Darkness" Kickstarter campaign, which will launch on October 15th!

This fall we will finally see the full horror of the Dark Wanderer unleashed. "Bone and Darkness" will be a 10 card booster pack with six sinister new upgrades and several skeletal monstrosities to menace your foes. Along with the yet unreleased Dark Wanderer/Dark Watcher miniature (which backers of the original Kickstarter already have) there will be three new miniatures to support the Darkness.

The Kickstarter campaign will also include a second expansion to reenforce the Path of the Advocate. You'll need all the help you can get to deal with what's coming.

Your Friend,

Sean Sutter

Looking forward to that  :D

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2016, 09:58:41 PM »
Awesome art, can't wait to see what you do!
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline meatpuppet7

• Bookworm
« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2016, 10:42:02 PM »
I am loving my copy of Relicblade, its has become my "go to" fantasy skirmish game.
In hoc signo vinces

Offline sundayhero

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2016, 10:23:59 PM »
I went on the official website, and discovered that a first expansion set was already available, with new archetypes !

I think I'll go for a try with the cheap pdf versions, to play my own collection of figures. The game should be a good candidate for my "recycking heroscape tiles" project :

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=93283.0

Offline meatpuppet7

• Bookworm
« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2016, 02:10:56 AM »
The Legends Expansion Pack is primarily a pack of cards that features new "custom" heroes that Sean did as a reward for backing his first kickstarter at a certain level.
Basically, if you pledged at that level, you could give him a character concept for on of your RPG characters and he would make it into a Relicblade hero.
Its a great pack, and one I am happy that I picked up!

Offline sundayhero

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2016, 11:43:58 AM »
It's done, I bought the full pdf pack (rules, cards, expension cards). Can't wait to try it!

Offline Comsquare

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2016, 06:54:21 PM »
It's done, I bought the full pdf pack (rules, cards, expension cards). Can't wait to try it!

Glad you did and hope you enjoy it  :)

I am loving my copy of Relicblade, its has become my "go to" fantasy skirmish game.

Same for me  :)

And feel free to post custom stuff you're maybe creating, like new charas, equipment etc.
Allways love to see the things other people come up with  :D

Offline sundayhero

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #53 on: September 19, 2016, 06:40:03 PM »
I just finished printing everything, I'll post pics tonight !

Concerning custom cards, do you draw them by hand, of do you use some software ?

@Relicblade owner, it would be nice to have some kind of "construction kit" for our own cards (maybe an embedded pdf with several archetypes illustrations, embedded font, etc...) ? Maybe a goal for the kickstarter  :D

Offline Comsquare

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #54 on: September 19, 2016, 08:14:52 PM »

Concerning custom cards, do you draw them by hand, of do you use some software ?

@Relicblade owner, it would be nice to have some kind of "construction kit" for our own cards (maybe an embedded pdf with several archetypes illustrations, embedded font, etc...) ? Maybe a goal for the kickstarter  :D

I draw them by hand, most parts of it  ;)

I talked to Sean allready about a "Character-generator", hope he will make that become true some day

Offline meatpuppet7

• Bookworm
« Reply #55 on: September 19, 2016, 09:13:42 PM »

I use Gimp (GNU Image Manipulation Program) to make my custom cards, its like an open source version of photoshop. https://www.gimp.org/
I am not a skilled artist, so for my custom characters, I just drop in art that I like, and I make most of the cards abilities by cutting and pasting parts of the other cards digitally.

Offline Comsquare

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #56 on: September 19, 2016, 09:24:37 PM »
I use Gimp (GNU Image Manipulation Program) to make my custom cards, its like an open source version of photoshop. https://www.gimp.org/
I am not a skilled artist, so for my custom characters, I just drop in art that I like, and I make most of the cards abilities by cutting and pasting parts of the other cards digitally.

Please show some of them  :D

Offline meatpuppet7

• Bookworm
« Reply #57 on: September 19, 2016, 09:46:38 PM »
I have never posted images to a forum before, so we will see how this goes...
*Edit... Original plan did not work.  :(
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 09:50:25 PM by meatpuppet7 »

Offline Comsquare

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #58 on: September 19, 2016, 09:58:46 PM »
They look quite good  :)

How do you calculate the points-cost?
I try to compare with existing-characters to balance them somehow.
And if I'm not sure I ask Sean  ;)

Offline meatpuppet7

• Bookworm
« Reply #59 on: September 19, 2016, 10:05:03 PM »
They look quite good  :)

How do you calculate the points-cost?
I try to compare with existing-characters to balance them somehow.
And if I'm not sure I ask Sean  ;)

I tried to gauge everything off of cards that Sean made.