Forum > Gothic Horror

Wargames rules for Gothic Horror

(1/12) > >>

Mosstrooper:
Got some Westwind Vampire Wars (?) figures second hand , any suggestions on suitable rules for them ? ???

Agis:
IMO "Chaos in Carpathia", simple the best in Gothic Horror I played!

theoldschool:
I'll second Agis. CinC are first class.

Malamute:
Hmm, I have not played CinC so am not in a position to comment on it.

I am probably one of a very few people to champion the original Westwind Vampire Wars rules.

The problem with them was the horrendous typsetting which makes the rules very confusing to follow.

My gaming group has however stuck with them. We have made lots of house rules and changes but now use the system for all sorts of games including most of our Victorian adventures, Old West and even have modified them for Future Wars.

They are card driven for activation - so very random and use quality dice for each individual character ranging from D6 for peasants/ non coms through to D20 for heroes, master Vampires etc.

There is alot of fluff in the rules with background to each race or party. I guess it depends on how lazy you are about creating your own background or just using one straight from a book.

The two expansion books are good too. But you must be prepared to stick with them and fight your way through the confusion.

If you want a safe bet go with CinC as per the recommendations above.

chicklewis:
Yah, I was unfortunate enough to have purchased the Vampire Wars rules, all 3 books, sight-unseen.  They suffer from what I heard characterized as 'editing while drunk'.  I threw them in the dumpster, they were that bad, wouldn't consider inflicting them on anyone else, even as a gift. 

Very studly of you, Malamute, to have persevered with them. 

Chick

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version