Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:15:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: My finished World Eaters - BaC and Angron  (Read 2959 times)

Offline Pictors Studio

• Mastermind
    • Pictors Studio
My finished World Eaters - BaC and Angron
« on: December 06, 2015, 07:50:00 AM »
Here are some pics of my World Eaters now that they are finished.

Here are all of them:

Here is the first squad:

The contmeptor and the terms:

The Captain and the 1st squad:

The Chaplain:

The second squad:

And Angron himself:

I'm glad they are all finished now (so I can buy another set - hehe) because I wanted to get them done and start playing with them.  I don't have the Forge World rulebooks and trying to buy the army list books it looks like one is no longer being printed, which is a shame.  Looking at a standard list for Chaos in 40K it looks like this force, minus Angron, so what you get in the box, is about 1100-1200 pts or could be more depending on what option you give them.  I think I have it configured for about 1125 points without any "invisible" upgrades. 

That is just for everything being used as standard so cataphract termies just counting as termies and same with the dread as just a regular dread. 

At first I was thinking about using them against themselves using the Infinity rules and using the fire team rules from that.  So basically four models would count as a unit. 

The first scenario I was thinking about doing would pit the Chaplain and one squad that remained loyal to the Emperor against the rest of the force as he tries to escape and they try to hunt him down.

But I'll probably just end up smashing them into some Blood Angels or Space Wolves or even some aliens first.  We'll see.   

More pictures are here:

http://imgur.com/a/ppqlr

Offline pocoloco

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: My finished World Eaters - BaC and Angron
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2015, 08:34:55 AM »
Nice work! I have only managed to build five marines so far  ::)

Yip, real shame with that FW book, I just don't understand their policy with discontinued products.

Perhaps you could check Bolter and Chainsword forum's Horus Heresy army lists section for suitable army lists?

Offline Pizzagrenadier

• Librarian
    • Pizzagrenadier's Miniature Wargaming Blog
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2015, 03:44:49 PM »
Awesome! Nice to see your force completed. Nice work on the white. I'd be intimidated by all that white!

Let us know how your first Marine on Marine game goes.
Pizzagrenadier's Miniature Wargaming Blog:http://thisveryblog.blogspot.com

Instagram: Pizzagrenadier

Offline Pictors Studio

• Mastermind
    • Pictors Studio
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2015, 11:52:11 PM »
I guess I can understand why they would discontinue one 35 quid book that would make three 70 quid books unnecessary to many gamers.  I don't understand why they would put it out in the first place though if they are just going to get rid of it.

Still I'll get my hands on the one I can and maybe I'll buy the first of the Horus Heresy books to get the stats for the other guys.  I'll check out Bolter and Chainsword too, though.  Thanks for that. 

It is nice to have them completed.  I'm pleased with how they turned out.  I'll post a battle report when I get a game in. 

Offline Wachaza

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2015, 05:06:01 PM »
I don't have the Forge World rulebooks and trying to buy the army list books it looks like one is no longer being printed, which is a shame.

Apparently there's a reprint coming in the new year and an updated one with the other Legion rules later in next year.

Offline noigrim

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2015, 06:41:21 PM »
nice frenchies too!

You couls perhaps paint tiny XIIs in those backpack-standards or even the circular jaws of the eaters, for my sons of horus I plan on some eyes of Horus

Offline Major_Gilbear

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • God-Emperor of Dune
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2015, 11:07:17 PM »
Really nice force there - I am always slightly amused by how "we're the archetypal good-guys" the WE scheme is!  (Yes, I amuse easily...) :P

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2015, 11:34:26 PM »
You had me until the Angron thing (awful mini!) but it looks like a nicely cohesive force.  I'd like to see it in a game!
2024 Painted Miniatures: 166
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline weismonsters

• Scientist
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2015, 12:18:21 AM »
Great job and fast work too considering that it only very recently that that boxed set was released (In that time period i think i managed to paint a couple of bases and varnish 6 miniatures.)

Lots of interesting things on your painting desk. Looks like a Wargods Bronze minoutaur off to the left there as well.

Offline Pictors Studio

• Mastermind
    • Pictors Studio
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2015, 02:50:30 AM »
It is tough to tell from the photos because of where the light is (I'm not good at photos) but there are little worlds painted in the circular things on the standards.

I'm glad you guys liked them.  I actually like the Angron mini.  They did a good job with him and the scenic base showing his personality.  I think the only one of the primarchs that I've liked more so far is Perturabo and I wasn't doing Iron Warriors. 

Thanks for letting me know about the reprint.  I'll look forward to getting that.  Shame it isn't out before Crimbo as a few people are looking for things to buy me. 

There are always interesting things on my painting desk.  Right now those Frenchies are finished, although there are a lot more, I've done 110 of the 420 of them so far.  Plus there are some Battlefront Israeli artillery crew, a 20mm WWII Sikh, some Fire Forge Teutonic infantry and way in the back are some 15mm Kosciuzko Uprising Dragoons.  Also good eyes spotting the Croc Games Automaton.  I'm going to use him as a Dwarf creation in my Age of Sigmar games and probably in a Pulp game I'm working on.