Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:38:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686536
  • Total Topics: 118107
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Black Tree Design Dr Who sale now on!  (Read 5539 times)

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
Black Tree Design Dr Who sale now on!
« on: November 27, 2008, 10:41:34 PM »
For those who enjoy pottering around in the Tardis, there is a sale with 15% off:

http://www.blacktreedesign.com/uk/home.php?cat=2297

The Dr Who range are still not particularly cheap, but it's a chance to stock up on some more Daleks and Retro Cybermen.

After all, you can never have too many.....

Online Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
Re: Black Tree Design Dr Who sale now on!
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2008, 10:43:30 PM »
Thanks, mate. There are a few gaps in my collection that could do with filling.
With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2008, 10:55:14 PM »

Always happy to encourage others to buy more toys  ;)

Offline oxiana

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2008, 09:30:52 AM »
Result - thanks for the tip. I'm running out of 40mm Who stuff to paint, so perhaps I'll shift down a scale!

Offline JollyBob

• Galactic Brain
  • I've only had a few ales...
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2008, 09:35:23 AM »
I'd be interested to hear if anyone orders anything. They have a lot of stuff stuff I would like, but I have been put off by the recent delivery problems.  :(

Offline Rhoderic

• Mastermind
  • I disapprove!
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2008, 10:07:49 AM »
I'd be interested to hear if anyone orders anything. They have a lot of stuff stuff I would like, but I have been put off by the recent delivery problems.  :(

I ordered some stuff (nothing from the Doctor Who range though) about three weeks ago and got most of it last week. One pack was on backorder and would follow "shortly". Two weeks waiting time doesn't seem THAT bad to me (and keep in mind it takes about 3 days for something to get from the UK to Sweden), at least compared with how long I had to wait with my last order before that. I'm taking this as a sign that BTD is gradually getting back up to speed with their operation.

Your mileage may vary, of course.
"When to keep awake against the camel's swaying or the junk's rocking, you start summoning up your memories one by one, your wolf will have become another wolf, your sister a different sister, your battle other battles, on your return from Euphemia, the city where memory is traded." - Italo Calvino

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2008, 12:50:26 PM »

Always happy to encourage others to buy more toys  ;)

I'd be careful with any orders to Blacktree have a massive history of not completing and leaving people waiting for months and months.

BE WARNED!

(That's why I have now have 12 plastic daleks rather than metal £1 each from ebay).
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline Dan

• Mastermind
    • Wades World of Wargaming
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2008, 10:25:42 AM »
I'm still waiting for my Daleks ordered in June . BT contacted me about two weeks ago to say they are on their way . I had a courier card in my letter box today so it may be the order but will have to wait and see.

Offline Auton

• Mad Scientist
    • The Lead Mountain Blog
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2008, 10:46:37 AM »
I had some gladiators I ordered in April arrive last week. Looks like they're a bit behind with orders...  :-I

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2008, 10:47:41 AM »
Yep still waiting on a part order from June and also October when they answered the original post ::) and said they would send out alternative minis in the post, There is no excuse for this wide scale poor service. I have had mistakes from manufacturers which you can accept but not this whole sale shoddy service.
 >:(

Offline revford

• Mastermind
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2008, 11:53:58 AM »
I've taken a punt on a few more Daleks, I've got plenty to paint for now so as long as they turn up within a few months, I'm not too worried.
Gav Ford
revford@gmail.com

Offline oxiana

• Mastermind
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2008, 11:00:15 AM »
I put an order in yesterday - I ordered online, but then phoned through with my card details so I could talk to someone about deliveries, because of BTD's current reputation about delivery. I breezily asked 'So I expect you'll be able to get these minis out in tomorrow's post?', and was advised that they'd be sent at the end of the week because 'we currently have quite a few back orders'.

This is my first order with BTD, and I'm naturally inclined to optimism, but I'll report back on when they arrive. Anyway, it's not like there's nothing else in the lead mountain to be getting on with...

Offline revford

• Mastermind
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2008, 11:50:18 AM »
Good news, they are getting faster, most of my order arrived today.

So that's about a week, the fastest order I've ever placed with Black Tree.  :)

I'm still short a 7th Doctor, but there was a little note to say he's to follow.

Offline Ruarigh

• Librarian
    • The Ooh Shiny Complex
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2008, 11:04:29 PM »
I'm still short a 7th Doctor, but there was a little note to say he's to follow.

I ordered figures from BTD in the UK on 4th August 2008. Part of the order arrived about 3 months later with a note saying the rest would be along soon. I have seen nothing from them since, have tried contacting them using the form on the website and have received no response. To be honest, I am thinking of legal action, even though it seems hugely petty for the amount of money still owing but it is the principle of the thing.
The greatest revenge you can have on a man that steals your wife is to let him keep her.

Offline Dan

• Mastermind
    • Wades World of Wargaming
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2008, 08:17:06 AM »
I'm still waiting for my Daleks ordered in June . BT contacted me about two weeks ago to say they are on their way . I had a courier card in my letter box today so it may be the order but will have to wait and see.

They did arrive the next day but to be honest , I cant really be bothered with them right now . I have started prepping a few but they have now been pushed to the back of the pile which is very unusual for me  :-[
I checked out the sale but did'nt feel inspired or feel like trusting them with my money just yet.