Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:21:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Broken Legions - update 17/2/2016  (Read 12532 times)

Offline Khurasan Miniatures

• Mastermind
  • Miniature manufacturer to the stars
    • Khurasan Miniatures
Re: Broken Legions - update 2/1/2016
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2016, 10:59:23 PM »
Indeed, it's funny that the was more uniformity and less skirmishing in the ancient days then the relatively more recent middle ages for example.

There was actually a lot of skirmishing in ancient warfare.  Many armies had dedicated skirmishers and they fought the early portion of the battle to see whose skirmishers would dominate.  The side whose skirmishers won had an advantage going into the close order battle, as the victorious skirmishers could pour forward and harass the wings of the enemy phalanx or shoot them up or delay them (as needed) frontally.
Khurasan Miniatures

Like us on Facebook for updates:
http://www.facebook.com/khurasanminiatures

Offline Natholeon

• Student
    • Natholeon's Empires
Re: Broken Legions - update 17/2/2016
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2016, 04:03:30 AM »
This has really caught my eye. Do the rules cater for running a late Republican campaign? I have a vision of augustan legionnaries vs Egyptian mummies.

Offline Smith

• Mad Scientist
    • Plastic Malpractice – Kitbashing, Wargames & Stuff
Re: Broken Legions - update 17/2/2016
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2016, 08:05:31 AM »
-Do these rules have a campaign system, including character advancement?
-Do any of the Roman factions get to use any mythical creatures, such as the Minotaur on the book cover?
-The Minotaur on the cover looks to be around 20 feet tall...does anyone know of a good figure that would work for 28mm at this height?

Yes.

Sort of... All of the factions have access to some 'weird stuff' from the start, but only a include mythical creatures amongst their ranks. However, all factions have the option to hire mercenaries, including cyclopes, centaurs and the like. Some scenarios also include Wandering Monsters that pose a threat to everyone (including Minotaurs) - capturing and taming one such creature could be the focus of a whole campaign!

There are older and fouler things than Orcs Minotaurs in the deep places of the world... But if I were looking for something that size... Schleich, Safari, Papo or the Disney Narnia action figures would be my first ports of call.

Elephant? Possible?

Sorry, but there are no elephants in the rules. It wouldn't be too hard to house-rule one, mind you.

This has really caught my eye. Do the rules cater for running a late Republican campaign? I have a vision of augustan legionnaries vs Egyptian mummies.

It's pretty period-agnostic, so you can use whatever models you like - legionaries and Egyptian mummies are expressly covered.
Phil Smith
Head of Osprey Games

Plastic Malpractice – Kitbashing, Wargames & Stuff

OWG Resources HERE!