Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:22:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690823
  • Total Topics: 118354
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: While the lady is away  (Read 10942 times)

Offline Diplomatist

• Scientist
Re: While the lady is away
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2015, 11:31:07 PM »
Great collection. how easy are the Ironclad tanks to build ?

Couldn't be easier.  They're basically lumps of resin you stick tracks and turrets onto,   ;)

Offline Blodwin

• Scientist
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2015, 10:38:05 AM »
Couldn't be easier.  They're basically lumps of resin you stick tracks and turrets onto,   ;)

As Diplomatist said - couldn't be easier - what I like about them  is that they all follow a similar theme and style therefore to me they all fit well together on the table top.

As the designs are simple you can kit bash them quite easily by swapping parts around or adding bits

I also feel they are a nice size in comparison to the figures not like some manufactures where the vehicles a ridiculously small - mentioning no names!!!

if these recommendation doesn't get me a discount I don't know what will lol

Blodwin

Offline Teld

• Bookworm
    • The zulu war in Miniature
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2015, 07:33:25 PM »
Thank you Very Much for the Info Blodwin & Diplomatist  :). I was just curious as I have a few of Ironclads figures and have looked at getting a few of there tanks.
So far I have resisted the temptation  as the last lot of post apocalyptic resin Tanks that I purchased from another company were a real nightmare to put together.

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2015, 04:41:16 AM »
Great looking stuff!

Offline Lostman

• Assistant
    • http://glynrr.blogspot.co.uk/
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2015, 09:42:32 AM »
Blodwin
You got a very nice collection for figures there when will you be bring them down to WAR
Lostman
Only the enemies figures are in the front of you now a good time to get some good dice throws

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Everything is Better with Vampire Supermodels
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2015, 10:53:39 AM »
 :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* !!!
"Because life is made of inspiration, dreaming and insanity in about equal measure."
- Erzsébet Báthory - 1560-1614 (?)

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • As my grandchildren see me...
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2015, 05:55:48 PM »
Your suggestions of a glass cabinet are ideal but we have little space - as we live in a shoe box in South East England - plus, after 30 years of marriage, I know I would not get approval.

1) Absolutely something about china case sized, but you can find REALLY small ones for the crème de la crème of your collection, and maybe something the missus can share with her delights. I've yet to find a lady who DOESN'T want an excuse for more furniture.

2) After twenty-five of living together, I was surprised what 'she who must be obeyed' (yes, she even had the coffee mug) would allow.

Those SHOULD be seen...

Now, were all the Dr. Arliss Loveless toys you used from the Derailer sets, or couldn't find find a use for the engine included on the stand alone toys?

I never build ANYTHING, but if there's a piece that MIGHT work, it would stay.  ;)

"No, really, that little engine is THAT powerful. Really, runs the whole thing. Wait, haven't you seen Steamboy?!? I rest my case!"  lol

Doug

Offline Blodwin

• Scientist
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2015, 10:50:03 PM »
Blodwin
You got a very nice collection for figures there when will you be bring them down to WAR
Lostman

Thanks for the comments Lostman - but by the time I bring them down to the club, unpack and set up a game, explain to everybody what the hell they are, convince the historical purists that I know steam horses did not really exist and if they did they would be economically unsustainable and that for the cost of one you could furnish a whole regiment of real horses, explain the rules for the steam driven flying things and try to justify why they can fly in the first place - it would be time to pack them up and come home.

Perhaps it's easier to remain a solo player and keep my warped but happy brain free of reality. lol lol

Regards
Blodwin   

Offline Blodwin

• Scientist
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2015, 11:09:20 PM »
1) Absolutely something about china case sized, but you can find REALLY small ones for the crème de la crème of your collection, and maybe something the missus can share with her delights. I've yet to find a lady who DOESN'T want an excuse for more furniture.

2) After twenty-five of living together, I was surprised what 'she who must be obeyed' (yes, she even had the coffee mug) would allow.

Those SHOULD be seen...

My reply is simple - you have not meet my wife :o :o

Now, were all the Dr. Arliss Loveless toys you used from the Derailer sets, or couldn't find find a use for the engine included on the stand alone toys?

Strange you should say that I'm just using the boiler from one of the dismembered Dr Loveless toys on a command walker for my automatons - another is mounted on a steam crane used to repair downed airships.

With regard to the actual Derailer tanks - these are huge and I have two waiting for divine inspiration of how and what I can use them for - my war game table is too small - I need a bigger house. lol

Answers on a postcard please.

regards
Blodwin   

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • As my grandchildren see me...
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2015, 01:21:50 PM »
My reply is simple - you have not meet my wife :o :o

Ah, but does she have, and wield, a 'She Who Must Be Obeyed' coffee mug? I rest my case.

Quote from: Blodwin
Strange you should say that I'm just using the boiler from one of the dismembered Dr Loveless toys on a command walker for my automatons - another is mounted on a steam crane used to repair downed airships.

With regard to the actual Derailer tanks - these are huge and I have two waiting for divine inspiration of how and what I can use them for - my war game table is too small - I need a bigger house. lol

You see? Whereas I was merely asking 'couldn't you use it on the walkers?', you instead generate several other projects.

*sigh* You will come to the realization I have. Not a bigger house, a mancave/warehouse, with a secret tunnel entrance in the loo, from which...

What? Flights of imagination? Where exactly do you think you are right now, old boy?  :D

Now, what piece of arcane wizardry is this 'postcard'? Sounds positively ancient!

Doug

Offline Captain Darling

• Mad Scientist
    • Captain Darlings Miniatures Emporium
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2015, 05:19:24 AM »
A 'she who must be obeyed coffee mug' I thought that's what all marriage certificates are supplied in...
 :)
"There's nothing cushy about life in the Women's Auxiliary Balloon Corps!"

http://captaindarlingsminiaturesemporium.blogspot.com.au
https://toysoldiersforoldgits.blogspot.com.au

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2015, 11:45:19 PM »
Thanks for all the kind comments.

Your suggestions of a glass cabinet are ideal but we have little space - as we live in a shoe box in South East England - plus, after 30 years of marriage, I know I would not get approval.

Anyway I have few more days left before she returns - so need to get a couple of games in - plus make some token effort in the garden.

Blodwin

What rules do you use (I'm assuming that you play with larger units etc, than the standard skirmish 'factions', given your collection)?

Offline Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2015, 07:28:33 AM »
A marvellous collection, I wish I could garden like that!  ;)