Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 10:27:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690331
  • Total Topics: 118326
  • Online Today: 594
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Looking for modern riot police in 28mm  (Read 9865 times)

Offline Modhail

• Mastermind
    • http://modhails-meanderings.blogspot.com/
Looking for modern riot police in 28mm
« on: November 29, 2008, 09:48:56 PM »
Hi folks,

For some reason  I've been bitten with the modern urban combat bug lately.
Swat teams are easily found, civilians and rioters can be found as well... But I'm stumped on finding plain old Riot Police in 28mm.
I don't need takedown teams with smg's and whatnot, but the plain old "thin blue line" sporting shield and baton...

If there are no alternatives I'd settle for cops in hardshell armour, but ideally I'd like to find some figures fit to depict good old dutch Mobile Unit cops:

I know Hasslefree make one, but I can't exactly send in the clone troopers against civillians, can I? ;)
(In an ideal world, I'd like to see a range of miniatures covering the full range of Riot kit: line troopers, officers and negotiators, grenade launchers, mounted cops and K-9 units, etc. One can always dream, can't I....   ;) )
Anyone got any manufacturers or links where I could find some more riot police or figs that could easily be converted en masse?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Modhail

Though, for "comedic" effect, alternate heads to make Georgian riot police would be nice... Nothing quite as intimidating as 30-odd armoured Mickey Mouses looking for an excuse to beat you up!  ;D

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
Re: Looking for modern riot police in 28mm
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 10:25:09 PM »
I have around 16 of the assault group figures and have used round shields (I think they were Aztec ones from Outpost) instead of some of the square shields they come with.

Offline the commissar

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2008, 10:29:45 PM »
How soon do you want them?

Offensive Miniatures are bringing some out - I think I saw on Frothers not until the New Year

http://www.offensiveminiatures.com/gallery/photo_list.asp?l=1&c=5&g=Riot

Offline Modhail

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2008, 10:53:49 PM »
Thanks for the tips! :D

I can't believe I overlooked those TAG models...

Lowtardog: Looking at the figures it seems only two are really suited to carry shields. Did you manage to fit shields on all of them, or did you leave the other two variants without shields?

The commissar: Wow, I never even heard of Offensive Miniatures! Luckily I'm not in a hurry (I'll need to build a city first, before I can start a riot in it...). Do they have any idea on the pricing? (ballpark figure is enough for the time being)

Thanks,
Modhail

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2008, 11:00:28 PM »
We saw Offensive Miniatures at Stockton today, they had pre-release rioters (including one in pads armed with a cricket bat) and police on display but I didn't notice a price tag.
Gary, Glynis, and Alasdair (there are three of us, but we are too mean to have more than one login)

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2008, 01:30:12 AM »

Lowtardog: Looking at the figures it seems only two are really suited to carry shields. Did you manage to fit shields on all of them, or did you leave the other two variants without shields?

The commissar: Wow, I never even heard of Offensive Miniatures! Luckily I'm not in a hurry (I'll need to build a city first, before I can start a riot in it...). Do they have any idea on the pricing? (ballpark figure is enough for the time being)

Thanks,
Modhail

Yes you can fit shields to those without them that was one reason why I chose the round ones

Offline winterborn

• Bookworm
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2008, 02:26:19 AM »
Try these.

Victory Force Redd Redan range.

http://www.victoryforce.com/Victorypfigreddredan.html
And in the fury of this darkest hour
We will be the light
You've asked me for my sacrifice
And I am Winter born

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2008, 10:26:25 AM »

Thanks,
Modhail

Erm Hasslefree miniatures do a riot cop too:

Riot cop Neil with a few weapon options

http://www.hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk/pack.php?pack=958

Nice figure I have a few, I've cut the visors on several and dropped them over the face Judge dredd style, (with only the chins showing) very brutual

The Commander
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline Hasslefriesian

• Assistant
  • If it's not Grymn, it's crap!
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2008, 12:31:15 PM »

....I know Hasslefree make one, but I can't exactly send in the clone troopers against civillians, can I? ;)

;)

Online AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Little Wars
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2008, 01:25:04 PM »
I've got stacks of the TAG guys - 2 poses withshield and baton, two with just baton (with extra shields, you could modify these) - have also got some of the Hasslefree minis - the later have separate arms, so you can vary the pose/position of the baton (or even use the riot gun).

With a pair of pliers, and some gentle persuasion.... ::)....you can turn the HF mini into a mounted riot policeman (not sure of the make of the horse in this photo - its the free one that came with Wargames Illustrated a while back - with an ECW general).

As you can see, this poor chap got bitten by a "rioter" and appears to have gone all zombie (along with his mount).... ;)

A rather blurred photo of the TAG riot police (wearing the latest in stripey pyjama camo.... ::))

« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 01:32:01 PM by AKULA »

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2008, 04:39:07 PM »

....I know Hasslefree make one, but I can't exactly send in the clone troopers against civillians, can I? ;)

;)

Just cause he knows hasslefree do one didn't mean he'd seen it! :P Plus there are ways to make em different as I pointed out, plus a few head swops with E4M corporate types would look good too.

And no clones??? The whole point of a riot uniform is UNIFORM, (basic psychology, you can't bargain or reason with a face mask).

;)

Offline postal

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2008, 05:09:21 PM »
the hero clix cops are cool.

Offline Modhail

• Mastermind
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2008, 06:58:47 PM »
Akula, nice idea for the mounted conversion!

Just cause he knows hasslefree do one didn't mean he'd seen it! :P Plus there are ways to make em different as I pointed out, plus a few head swops with E4M corporate types would look good too.

And no clones??? The whole point of a riot uniform is UNIFORM, (basic psychology, you can't bargain or reason with a face mask).

Oh, trust me, I've seen the Hasslefree one...   :-* It's style and equipment is, in fact, the closest to what I would love to build my entire planned platoon of riot police from.
And while uniformity is nice, there's the factor of visual interest as well.  (That and I'd go stark raving daft if I had to paint close to 45 exactly identical miniatures.) Besides, while most riot police forces emphasise uniformity they will still show variation in physical build and current activity of their members when in the field.
If only someone could convince Kev to sculpt a few more riot cops with some varities of poses and exact equipment...  ::) Maybe even a female one, or two...
Maybe I should just post my wishlist to the Forum of Doom...

Bye, Modhail

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2008, 07:10:00 PM »
Akula, nice idea for the mounted conversion!

Oh, trust me, I've seen the Hasslefree one...   :-* It's style and equipment is, in fact, the closest to what I would love to build my entire planned platoon of riot police from.
And while uniformity is nice, there's the factor of visual interest as well.  (That and I'd go stark raving daft if I had to paint close to 45 exactly identical miniatures.) Besides, while most riot police forces emphasise uniformity they will still show variation in physical build and current activity of their members when in the field.
If only someone could convince Kev to sculpt a few more riot cops with some varities of poses and exact equipment...  ::) Maybe even a female one, or two...
Maybe I should just post my wishlist to the Forum of Doom...

Bye, Modhail

shhhhh, don't tell anyone...but he might be reading your thread??? You never know!  ;)