Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 01:17:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690460
  • Total Topics: 118332
  • Online Today: 718
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Lau's Frostgrave thread - NEWEST MODEL: Captain and Man-at-arms  (Read 11824 times)

Offline Lau

• Librarian
Lau's Frostgrave thread - NEWEST MODEL: Captain and Man-at-arms
« on: December 25, 2015, 02:50:43 PM »
Around a half year ago I started looking into Frostgrave. I had gotten tired of warhammer endtimes, and with age of sigmar, the joy of the game disappeared completely. I started thinking about what i wanted in a miniature game, and my wish was simple: A small skirmish game, where your miniatures could have personality, and could advance. I dusted of my old Mordheim set, but quickly remembered why it had gathered dust all these years - it is a horrible and way to complex game, that is totally unbalanced. Then i stumled into Frostgrave, and fell in love! The game was simple, elegant and fun. The only problem was a lack of bance in the campaign system, but I agreed to overlook that flaw, and started to get my gaming group hooked. I looked trough my lead pile, and found some miniatures that should be fit for the game and cleansed them. Now is the long and busy road of painting ahead of me - and it is a slow one!

My warband before being stripped of paint:

(Wo)man-at-arms, infantryman and thief:

Thief and Archer:

« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 02:35:49 PM by Lau »

Offline Corporal Chaos

• Scientist
Re: Lau's Frostgrave thread
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2015, 04:31:54 PM »
Looking like a good start. It is an enticing game and well worth the investment. Enjoy!
I should be painting right now.

Offline Lau

• Librarian
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2015, 07:22:17 PM »
My gaming group usually have a miniature gift exchange, where we paint miniatures for each other. A friend of mine painted me this ice giant, for Frostgrave! A really cool model!

Offline sniperbait

• Assistant
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2015, 09:30:27 PM »
I love the idea of a miniature gift exchange. It would help the less productive painters to reciprocate figures and help spread the love.
Our group is split between non painters and fairly prolific painters. I'd be happy to swap one of my er, creations (table top standard) with a new painters figure and I guess I'd be happy to trade up too (who wouldn't).

Offline Lau

• Librarian
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2015, 02:44:34 PM »
I love the idea of a miniature gift exchange. It would help the less productive painters to reciprocate figures and help spread the love.
Our group is split between non painters and fairly prolific painters. I'd be happy to swap one of my er, creations (table top standard) with a new painters figure and I guess I'd be happy to trade up too (who wouldn't).

I cannot recomend it enough! I have been less productive for some time, but when you promise you would paint something for someone else, you have to do it, and then its easier to start on your own miniatures afterwards. And gifts are always nice. :-)

Offline Daniel36

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2015, 03:34:33 PM »
Cool mix of models. I like the thief quite a lot! Good job on the paint, though I wish you would give them a cool base soon. It makes models look that much nicer.

Offline Lau

• Librarian
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2015, 02:26:57 PM »
I know! I had that idea that i would get them all painted in a month, and then i could do the bases at the same time - it have been my pledge for the last couple of months, but I think I have to realize that 5 completely done models are better than ten not completely finished models :-)

Offline Daniel36

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2015, 03:19:01 PM »
You are absolutely right! Keep up the pace.

Offline MrCharisma

• Assistant
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2016, 07:33:21 AM »
I'm loving your old models, and wishing that I had the foresight to have bought them in the 90's so I didn't have to mortgage the house to buy them on eBay today...

Offline Lau

• Librarian
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2016, 10:35:20 PM »
So! Warband finally done! Bases and everything too!

My Summoner:

My Aprentice (who i've tried to make look demonic with red eyes and such, my excuse for her being very underdressed. im trying to make it look like the snow is melting from where she walks):

The mages:

Their Dogs:

My warband (with a minor demon floating in the back):

« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 10:28:25 PM by Lau »

Offline Azzabat

• Scientist
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2016, 02:09:01 AM »
How weird is that? I bought those exact same 2 pups to act as Warhounds in my Warband. Good choice methinks.
I know the voices aren't real .... but they have such FASCINATING ideas!

Offline Lau

• Librarian
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2016, 08:33:50 AM »
How weird is that? I bought those exact same 2 pups to act as Warhounds in my Warband. Good choice methinks.

Yeah, they look very cool! I bought them for a Mordheim protject that never lived, and they have been in my lead pile since. I think they might be a tad to big for 29mm models, but they make up for it in looking awesome and ferocious! I think its some of the best dog models on the market - or at least i was 5 years ago when i bought them :-)

Offline Azzabat

• Scientist
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2016, 12:56:06 PM »
I like the fact they are so big. Makes me think of GoT's and Direwolves.

Offline julesav

• Scientist
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2016, 01:30:37 PM »
Great project! Who makes the dogs?
"Some scientists say that humans exhibit a behavior called neophilia, which is a preference for new objects. It’s why we like shiny new things."

Offline jp1885

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • "An enquiring mind is sufficient qualification"
    • My Frostgrave blog
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2016, 01:51:29 PM »
Great stuff - those hounds are mahoosive! I particularly like your summoner.