Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 05:57:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689767
  • Total Topics: 118294
  • Online Today: 786
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Blackening The Blood  (Read 4410 times)

Offline maxxon

• Mad Scientist
    • Small Cuts
Blackening The Blood
« on: December 30, 2015, 08:43:05 AM »
Time for some orcy goodness to finish off the year!

The Blackblood Swordsorcs are here!

Next year more orcy goodness!
Small Cuts - a miniatures webzine - www.smallcuts.net

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
Re: Blackening The Blood
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2015, 07:14:45 PM »
Cool. I was disappointed when prince August stopped selling chronopia. You've done a great job on these.

Offline Shaved Dwarf

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2015, 07:35:32 PM »
One of the few not-so-mainstream orc miniature lines... nice to see some models of them painted.
Well done!

Offline Rhoderic

• Mastermind
  • I disapprove!
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2015, 07:37:13 PM »
Very neat! I had to find my own way to your website for bigger pictures, though.

I was disappointed when prince August stopped selling chronopia.

They simply ran out of stock. They never produced Chronopia figures themselves, they just bought out the old stock after Target Games went tits-up.
"When to keep awake against the camel's swaying or the junk's rocking, you start summoning up your memories one by one, your wolf will have become another wolf, your sister a different sister, your battle other battles, on your return from Euphemia, the city where memory is traded." - Italo Calvino

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2015, 07:52:13 PM »
Hence the "stopped selling" rather than "producing"  :). They seemed to run out of the last stock very quick. After not checking fr a couple of months it was all just gone. So I assumed they weren't able. Sell them for some reason.

Offline maxxon

• Mad Scientist
    • Small Cuts
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2015, 05:43:15 AM »
Hence the "stopped selling" rather than "producing"  :). They seemed to run out of the last stock very quick. After not checking fr a couple of months it was all just gone. So I assumed they weren't able. Sell them for some reason.

Well, there were also issues with lead rot. I  have a few examples myself, and from what I gather some customers were far less understanding about it then I was.

They were running low, but they also ran the final 50% off sale like they just wanted to get rid off the stuff. Usually with customers trying to give you money you don't say "no, the final date passed and they're not for sale anymore". The remainder may have ended up in a melting pot.

By comparison the Warzone stuff is still for sale. Though Prodos doing the new edition does play a part in that.

I don't know what has happened to the molds. I think Prince August was doing contract casting for Target, but it could be the molds were in bad shape and not worth restoring.

P.S. They are still available on eBay and select retailers, e.g. Spririt Games. But no new ones are being produced.

Offline maxxon

• Mad Scientist
    • Small Cuts
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2016, 08:13:33 AM »
Missile support arrives!

Proper orcses don't leave shooting to weeny gobbos, they blacken the sky with their own arrows.

Yeah, it's been a while, but things are moving even if the pace is of the snail-like variety. And I don't mean a racing snail.

Next it'll be some assault warriors and then a grand experiment about dealing with... <horror> <shudder> lead rot!

Offline Shaved Dwarf

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2016, 01:09:42 PM »
Proper orcses don't leave shooting to weeny gobbos, they blacken the sky with their own arrows.
That's the right attitude!

Next [...] a grand experiment about dealing with... <horror> <shudder> lead rot!
Medic! Meeedic!
 ;)

BTW: Nice painting again.

Offline joshuaslater

• Scientist
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2016, 04:03:06 PM »
great looking army!

Offline maxxon

• Mad Scientist
    • Small Cuts
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2016, 10:37:23 AM »
As I promised, here are the assault warriors, elite orcs of the elitest variety.

Except the ogres and maybe even the trolls. Or the kutara lancers, not sure. Oh, well...

Anyway, infantry encased in armor that can fight and shoot too (though the bowcases are pretty well hidden).

Oh, and I tried some bare metal blades for a change. I used to like it a lot but it's been very long since I last did it.

Offline maxxon

• Mad Scientist
    • Small Cuts
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2016, 08:08:23 AM »
It's goblin time!

These are goblin swordmasters if I recall it correctly. Not your typical cowardly mobs, these little fellows actually know how to fight and have giant scimitars to prove it.

These are getting a little smaller than I really like to paint -- with this technique anyway.

Well, they are done and the pile of orcs is diminishing fast. I wonder what I'll do after I run out of them...

Offline Reed

• Mad Scientist
  • Once bought, must be painted.
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2016, 08:46:27 AM »
Scary little fellas, very nicely painted.
I think the Blackbloods are nearly the best range in Chronopia.

Offline maxxon

• Mad Scientist
    • Small Cuts
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2016, 09:05:00 AM »
Scary little fellas, very nicely painted.
I think the Blackbloods are nearly the best range in Chronopia.

Thanks.

Yes, I really like their "Arabian Nights" vibe. That's not too common in fantasy miniatures.

I still have a bunch of caravan guards, some ogre heavy infantry, a myrmadon, a couple goblin chariots and a few kutara lancers to go. Maybe a troll too.

Offline joshuaslater

• Scientist
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2016, 07:35:50 PM »
 :D   Carry on!!!

Offline Shaved Dwarf

• Scientist
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2016, 10:21:05 AM »
These big swords must weigh almost as much as the little fellows themselves... but nevertheless, it still looks elegant, so they do not suffer from the this-battleaxe-is-too-heavy-to-lift-syndrome like so many fantasy miniatures. Very nice sculpts, very nicely painted!