Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:28:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686661
  • Total Topics: 118119
  • Online Today: 815
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: A reminder/clarification on [COMMERCIAL] topics  (Read 13176 times)

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
A reminder/clarification on [COMMERCIAL] topics
« on: January 01, 2016, 12:16:05 PM »
First off, a happy new year to all our forum members!

Over the last few weeks, there has been some confusion on what constitutes a [COMMERCIAL] topic and how it should be handled. The following should clarify most issues, I hope, but if you have any questions, feel free to reply to this thread.

Now then, what is a COMMERCIAL topic (i.e. one required to use the [COMMERCIAL] tag in the topic title)?

If a member wants to open a thread on a subject in which he or she has a personal vested interest in, he or she must use the [COMMERCIAL] tag to signify that he or she is commercially involved with the issue. Examples include:

• The opening of a new company providing hobby products or services
  • The opening of an online store
  • Any special deals or events designed to promote the sale of your products or services
  • Specific product releases for your hobby company

Next, which kind of topic goes where?

• Any specific product release (e.g. figures, rulebooks, scenario publications) are to be placed on the most suitable thematic/period board. So, any fantasy figures news should be posted on the Fantasy Board.
  • Any general news (deals, events etc.) to promote your company and/or products should go on the Commercial Board.
  • Any product news which are suitable to multiple periods should be either posted on the most appropriate thematic board or may be posted on the Commercial Board.
  • Any product news for tools, paints and other related hobby supplies are to be posted on the Commercial Board.

If you directly post items like battle reports, free scenarios and army lists which do not require the reader to make a purchase or to register on an external site, YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED to use the [COMMERCIAL] tag. Still, it is an act of courtesy and avoids any misleading situations if you put in a reference to your personal involvement with any company or product. If there is a direct Commercial aspect involved (e.g. a link to new products in your online store), then you must use the [COMMERCIAL] tag.

A final note: If the moderating team adds a [COMMERCIAL] tag to a topic title of yours, DO NOT REMOVE THIS yourself. Please contact the board moderator or the Global Moderator Westfalia Chris via PM if you consider the [COMMERCIAL] tag to be inapplicable and we will reconsider the issue.

Please remember that any member is free to advertise their product in good faith and free of charge on the LAF. We do not request you to contribute to the forum maintenance, and we actively encourage users to share news on product releases interesting to the community. We do, however, require you to indicate any vested commercial interest to differentiate these from free, community-created work and to avoid any misunderstanding and potential disputes.

Offline Daniel36

• Mad Scientist
Re: A reminder/clarification on [COMMERCIAL] topics
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2016, 12:05:24 PM »
I have a question. I have set up a new forum dedicated solely to project logs and showcases. Would it be okay for me to advertize that forum here? It's a free forum but would happily add the commercial tag if you want me to. And if you'd rather I don't advertize it at all, I'd be fine too.

Thanks! :)

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2016, 08:16:59 PM »
I have a question. I have set up a new forum dedicated solely to project logs and showcases. Would it be okay for me to advertize that forum here? It's a free forum but would happily add the commercial tag if you want me to. And if you'd rather I don't advertize it at all, I'd be fine too.

Thanks! :)

Hi Daniel,

sorry for not getting back to you earlier - was terribly busy that week and plainly forgot to reply to your PM  :-X.

We do not "discriminate" against any forum, and you would be welcome to post a link in the General Discussion section as long as the focus is clearly hobby-related (which it looks to be). Unless you are actively using the forum to generate revenue (either by membership fees or products), it won't require a Commercial tag, either.

Offline Daniel36

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2016, 09:22:57 AM »
Thanks for getting back to me. I figured you were busy and PMs tend to get forgotten easily. I know I have.

Wonderful that I get to post. It is purely hobby related, and I already linked back to LAF. Thank you!